ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

S.O. Uniforms

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by DartSmohen, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

I hated that SO uniform and ditched it and ran around in jeans and sweatshirt for the whole short time I was in.

Mr. Starkey told me I probably had been a Nazi and that's why I hated the uniform. Thank you, Mr. Starkey for being one of the straws on the camel back.

2. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

interesting that DM would kind of miss the obvious connection with things like the SS or the Blackshirts.

He never was very smart about things like that.

3. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

I remember the Uniform mission/project that brought back the uniforms in 1987 - is that the same one Bea? We got dress whites at Flag - the only problem was that what the Taiwanese considered "XL" seemed to be about a Medium. It was ludicrous.

And whatever genius though that crew could survive on two pairs of white pants and three white shirts for a week in Florida had their head fairly well rammed right up their rear.

4. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. That was the same evolution. I couldnt remember when it was.

Didnt you all get white shorts too? And have to wear those stupid white business kinda shoes with shorts? I always thought that looked retarded.

5. duddins

duddins Patron Meritorious

Norm Starkey used to cavort around in white shorts all the time and he looked like he was stuck in some sort of timewarp. Like only he thought it looked cool or something. Used to crack me up.

6. nw2394

nw2394 Silver Meritorious Patron

That is because it is Japanese.

The story goes that a game was poorly translated from Japanese into English. One of the phrases the game came up with when you lost was "All your base are belong to us". This phrase gets altered for other purposes. It is a bit of a geek joke that has sort of entered, or is entering, mainstream culture.

Nick

7. duddins

Jeeze Guys...I still have pics of myself with all those lanyards and ribbons! AND the cute little hat!

I should post em.

My kids laugh at me when they see them.

"OMG mom!"

I tell them...."well honey, I was young....and foolish. Don't do what I did....learn from mommies mistakes!......."

"As in 'Join A cult?'...mom are you kidding? "

I shake my head.

8. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Patron with Honors

9. Giuseppe

Giuseppe laughs too. Stumpy grumpy pushy old men should NOT wear shorts, it makes them look ridiculous!

The gym teacher in 'Scary Movie III' reminds Giuseppe of him.

10. nowout

nowout Patron with Honors

At the Int Base we got trunks, full dress uniforms, and whites full dress and shorts. In summer we had to wear whites which is what the current uniform is on the Freewinds. SO Day was in summer, so it was whites full dress. They haven't had SO day for years.

11. duddins

I only got uniforms cuz i was on mission for the CMO all the time.
    Here am I in my cute little number with another SOite of whom I cannot remember his name. See all my pretty little ribbons? Those just meant that when I blew I was found to have higher high crimes.............:

[​IMG]

12. nowout

nowout Patron with Honors

LOL, cute! That picture looks familiar for some reason, though I don't recall that SO symbol patch on the jacket. I seem to recall there were issues on uniforms you also had to read when they were given out.

We had to wear white shorts with knee high white socks and white shoes that first summer after the uniforms were issued. It was hell trying to keep the uniforms spotless and white shoes clean, while literally having to run to many different buildings. Watch out if you had pasta for lunch!!!

You had to handwash these white uniforms every night and the dorms had all these clothes lines and wet uniforms hanging around. That didn't last, fortunately. It really was a joke!:duh:

13. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

Very clever. It reminds me of Jello Biaffra(?) running for office. His opponent was running the bandwagon clearning up the city, by driving all the hoemless out.

He suggested the City needed a good clean up too, but start from the other end. Bankers and lawyers would be required to wear clown suits as their normal everyday work uniform. Political officers, himself included, woudld have to wear piggu masks, complete with little trough attached firmly to the snout.

He had a very good handle on what was really going on.

Question: Is there any public interactive authority?
    Police; None.
    Medical: Declining reapidly.
    Legal: Get advice, but RUN your OWN case. I instructed a lawyer to plead "no contest" because the Police had successfully painted me into a corner with three conflicting statments of the same events: He pleaded "Guilty". Who instructs whom in this 'profession'?

14. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Cant see the shoes and socks.

Buit you are one hot chick!

15. everfree

everfree Patron Meritorious

Make your time.

16. Giuseppe

new uniforms

the new SO uniforms...

[​IMG]

17. duddins

I barely even remember when it was taken......But after I blew I stuck it somewhere in a pile....I run into them every now and then.

I remember having to wash my shirts by hand and iron them each morning and sometimes having to wear them damp. LOLOLOL!

I am so glad I did not have to wear white! I am famous for dropping food on my boobs......If I had to wear white they would have had to wash my shirts three times a day......once after each meal. :lol:

18. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Beautiful auburn/red hair. Well done!

19. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Sounds like the fortune cookie I read today :)

20. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

That reminds me of this plaque on one of my relative's walls, "Respect for God begins with fear." (or some such nonsense)

Respect and fear were A=A 'round those parts....