ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

S.O. Uniforms

Discussion in 'Gold Base, Freewinds, and FLAG' started by DartSmohen, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

Interesting. A few of my friends in the SO must have been lying to me the past few years. :nervous:

2. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Since when do 'friends in the SO' talk to people not in the SO?

Zinj

3. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

Since you started not knowing what you are talking about to the nth.

4. Zinjifar

No habla bullshit bjorky

Zinj

5. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

about what? SO Day? Has not happened at Int for years. The uniforms? What?

Are you saying that your friends in the SO know what is happening at int?

6. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

This whole idea stems from "what you fear most" will fall upon you. lrh re-wrote it in a very negative light.

Applying it as it was intended from the Bible, I live in deadly fear of receiving a multi-million dollar mansion, a Ferrari, and a bunch of staff who are FREELY willing to look after it all for me. Maybe I should get them to sign billion year contracts?

7. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

That '87-88 uniform evolution set up an heirarchy in the SO of upper management in working blues and whites in the summer and cont management and service orgs in grey flannel pants/skirts with ties and jackets year round. In LA 110 degree summers it was murder to be in those uniforms. There were instances of people collapsing of heat exhaustion in them.

My last year in the SO was in a service org. Add this to the last straw thread.

8. Marie

Marie Patron

I was on that mission....:omg:

We had to measure every pac member and figure out what uniform sizes to order....

Full dress, working uniforms, msn, everything....

I spent hours fixing buttons because they did not come in right, and had to be redone with pliers...

9. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Ah yes, the joys of wearing clothing where the buttons need fixing with pliers (and they sometimes did too.)

Paul

10. pomfritz

pomfritz Patron with Honors

We would get shirts that had old sweat stains permanently washed in. How's that for a thanks for devoting your life to this group. Second hand clothes not even worth donating to Goodwill.

11. Royal Prince Xenu

Was anyone issued with second-hand knickers?

12. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

I remember that

I was back and fourth between LA - CMU Int - and the UK, I ended up sneaking two sets of uniforms, full class A along with 'treanch coats' and almost decent 'bridge coats', the people doing the mission were under pressure as far as I recall, who was the hard arse in charge? big bald bloke, on renos I wore my overall tucked into my boots - army style - and he used to get really pissed off. The buttons were pain and I never ever got all the ribbons I was supposed to, too confusing.

I remember my pal Tom from Canada and me dressing up in the full class A with trench coats, and then we goose-stepped across the car park, in the dark of course, but it cracked us up, Where the fuck is Tom now?

J.

13. Marie

Marie Patron

Don't remember the guys name, but he was a hard arse (or ass :p )...

But most mission I/C's were...:)

I pretty much just remember the buttons, and dispersing the uniforms to all of the staff in some big room that reminded me of a high school gym... I think it was the room that the FB did muster (I went there on mission coverage a couple of times)...

Alot of the little things are a blur.

I was sort of mad that I lost my coats, they were pretty cool. I still have some of my uniform peices, every time I move I look at them, think about tossing them, and just pack them back away (I save souvenirs).

14. Zinjifar

I'd strongly recommend that ex-Scn kids and members, especially Sea Org, but others too, read stories from people in *other* cults.

Highly recommended: Deborah Layton "Seductive Poison"

I suspect the revelation would be more than I could tell you.

Zinj

15. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Can you post a link? (To be honest, libraries and searching for actual books... sorry to say that it is not an activity I would often do...)

16. Zinjifar

Here's an excerpt from it, and there's some other information on her. I got it from the library, but, I'll probably buy it somewhere along the line.

http://deborahlayton.com/excerpt.html

I'd also recommend 'The Light on Synanon', by Dave, Cathy Mitchell, and Richard Ofshe, which is about, well, you guessed it; Synanon :)

http://www.rickross.com/reference/synanon/synanon5.html

Both of them are available from Amazon fairly cheap.

Zinj

17. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Patron with Honors

I have read some stuff online, and it seems like First Family is a cult where members may actually be more abusive than the Co$, in some (mostly sexual) aspects.

18. Zinjifar

If you mean the 'Children of God'/Family, you may be right, although it'd be hard to compare/rate the various forms of abuse between cults.

http://www.rickross.com/groups/family.html

Zinj

19. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Lebanon Hall, usually called "Leb Hall". I remember picking up some uniform parts from there. I thought the trench coats were cool. And the trunks. :)

Paul

20. Royal Prince Xenu

Ditto. When I heard some of the "family" abuses done to kids it totally restimulated my own childhood. Talk about psychotic behavior...

Illusioness/Oracle: I'm sure you'll identify what I mean. Your childhood story leaves mine pale in comparison.