What's new

Sam Crabtree - Grew Up In The Cult

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
not really relevant, but vicki aznaran was the wife of dean stokes, mission holder in dallas when i was on staff there back in the late seventies. once, when dean was a flag for a few months all the sudden vicki (at that time stokes) and rick aznaran would start coming down for breakfast together every morning, lol.

my first daughter was born in 1987... she was a year old before i got married to her dad, (at the pasadena org) but thank - god i had the good sense to stay away from scn. after she was born. i cannot imagine having a scientologist teenager...lol. your using TR's on your dad cracked me up and was also scary;)

i'm loving your story!

Hey you were there then? I was at Flag in training on the tenth floor at the FH and several of the mission staff were there training - including Dean - who was the tall guy with the beard - I think he was training to be the ED? I remember them handing out maps with "Republic of Texas" on them. Dean used to shout out whenever i spoke that he "couldn't understand a damned word that guy is saying". LOL

Vicki was - in the immortal English word - a complete tosser.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
dean was a tyrant in many ways. when i first joined staff her wasn't at the mission. maybe vicki played the good cop. i liked her. when she and rick were leaving she wanted me to come with them to open a mission in houston. i had a lot of "wog" friends in dallas that, in the back of my mind i was pretty sure i was going to be needing fairly soon, so i stayed put. sure enough i woke up one morning and all my belongings, (one steamer trunk) were out on the sidewalk.

as is the way in $cn. all kinds of shit was going on behind the scenes that staff were ignorant of, dean eventually got a bunch of the bigger guys to be his body guards. word was someone was trying to kill him :omg:

I would suggest getting a deeper understanding of the cult personality before discussing Scn with your sister again. There's a ton of information here and elsewhere that will help you understand where she's coming from as opposed to telling her what a scam it is and hoping she'll see the light and quit. There are a great deal of people who will eagerly assist you in putting together a plan to get your sister out. Simply asking for help on this message board should provide you with plenty of contacts. Good luck!

Thanks, Booj.

You are supposed to know this, if you are a scientologist. I'll give you my DVD of: The Event That Changed Scientology Forever - Golden Age of Knowledge for Eternity, featuring COB to spell it out for you.

Also, Clears do remember fucking everything.

Are you messing with me right now?

Bowie, sister Olivia, and mom Anne are on the (San Fernando) Valley Org lists as recent as 2012. I don't know what Bowie is doing now. His attempts at selling insurance via the Internet and web design venture (Rapture Development) didn't last long. If you're on FB, you can message him..

https://www.facebook.com/bdink

https://www.facebook.com/odinkel (Olivia has a 90s photo of her & Bowie on her FB page)

If you message him, ask him how many doors he purchased... :biggrin:

[video=youtube;QJ2MIqc-8kI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2MIqc-8kI[/video]

Thanks, smurfy. The real bitch of it is that the vast majority of Scientologists are really nice, cool people. They just operate off the wrong set of rules.

not really relevant, but vicki aznaran was the wife of dean stokes, mission holder in dallas when i was on staff there back in the late seventies. once, when dean was a flag for a few months all the sudden vicki (at that time stokes) and rick aznaran would start coming down for breakfast together every morning, lol.

my first daughter was born in 1987... she was a year old before i got married to her dad, (at the pasadena org) but thank - god i had the good sense to stay away from scn. after she was born. i cannot imagine having a scientologist teenager...lol. your using TR's on your dad cracked me up and was also scary;)

i'm loving your story!

Oh, I'd say that's relevant! Does anyone know what she's up to these days? What exactly happened with that whole thing? What did she do?

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, I'd say that's relevant! Does anyone know what she's up to these days? What exactly happened with that whole thing? What did she do?
With a little help from my friends here, I did find out that she and Rick are still together, somewhere in Texas, doing some business thingie. For all I know, Vicki simply tried to be ethical and be in scientology at the same time. That is enough to make you publick enemy number one in the cult. And Rick was awesome too. That is my story, from when I knew them, and I am sticking to it;) After all these years, I am not able to quite wrap my brain around how Dean came out to be a hero and Vicki came out to be a villain. HEY! I am still looking forward to more of your story! It sounds like you spent a good deal of your childhood, goin' on down the road. Covina for gradeschool? That was a long way to go everyday... Sheeesh. This is for you;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBso-UG8R_E :hifive: "Them two dollah shoes hurt your feet." Maybe that is why they told you to bring plenty of socks;)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Yes, he was Vicky Azneran's auditor. I asked my mom about it when I was 16 or 17 when I was just starting to really go balls deep into the religion. She told me that he had falsified auditor's reports on Vicky Azneran. I asked my dad about it and all he would say is that I should never violate policy just because a senior told me to.

As for never auditing again, I've never heard that, but it could be true. But it could also be rescinded at the wave of DM's hand, like everything else in Scilonville.

How do you know about it? I'd be interested to hear any tidbits you might have. I am fascinated by that period in Scientology's history. It was always so mysterious and cloaked in mystery for me. I read L Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman and it was pretty cathartic.

God, I don't remember. It was a hundred years ago. Someone told me.

The only thing I remember, personally, is that your dad was a total hottie. :p No wonder he wound up in RTC. They always went for the good looking ones.

Sorry. I'm sure that wasn't what you wanted to know. :eyeroll:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
But I kept using my TRs on him and that enraged him further. Nothing worse than using TRs on a person who knows what they are when they're pissed.

Yeah, my mum hated that too! :biggrin:

Love your posts, how it was. We are on different sides of the world, different ages and cultures and yet the stories have the same elements. It makes me angry, sad and frustrated at what happens to families ... keep talking mate.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
With a little help from my friends here, I did find out that she and Rick are still together, somewhere in Texas, doing some business thingie. For all I know, Vicki simply tried to be ethical and be in scientology at the same time. That is enough to make you publick enemy number one in the cult. And Rick was awesome too. That is my story, from when I knew them, and I am sticking to it;) After all these years, I am not able to quite wrap my brain around how Dean came out to be a hero and Vicki came out to be a villain. HEY! I am still looking forward to more of your story! It sounds like you spent a good deal of your childhood, goin' on down the road. Covina for gradeschool? That was a long way to go everyday... Sheeesh. This is for you;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBso-UG8R_E :hifive: "Them two dollah shoes hurt your feet." Maybe that is why they told you to bring plenty of socks;)

Vicki was a pain when she was IG in RTC - she just was an absolute little DM ass kisser and a nasty little thug. When she blew she then made an affidavit about how bad the cofs was and then when she got nailed by the cofs she recanted it and said she was lieing.

She is a pusillanimous little git imHO - but that does not mean that you did not have a totally different experience with her.

To most scientologists Dean was a headbanger. Vicki turned into a total plonker.

There is also a personal reason I detest this woman so much - she did something I consider unforgiveable. as iot deals with someone else's privacy thats about as far as I will go.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Vicki was a pain when she was IG in RTC - she just was an absolute little DM ass kisser and a nasty little thug. When she blew she then made an affidavit about how bad the cofs was and then when she got nailed by the cofs she recanted it and said she was lieing.

She is a pusillanimous little git imHO - but that does not mean that you did not have a totally different experience with her.

To most scientologists Dean was a headbanger. Vicki turned into a total plonker.

There is also a personal reason I detest this woman so much - she did something I consider unforgiveable. as iot deals with someone else's privacy thats about as far as I will go.
well, i understand that. i admit to be totally cluless back then. i feel like i was just almost getting on my feet like a real person, and then somehow landed in the mission, on staff... looking back, i am still am not that sure what happened. but dean was really cruel to me, for no good reason...meh. i am just glad, or at least i hope, nothing like that will ever happen to either of my daughters.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

My kids were a big part what got me out of Scn. My oldest is very brilliant, and would have had CMO recruiters salivating. When she was young, I started thinking about the kind of pressures that she would be put under to join the Sea Org, and the ethics shit that would come down on my wife and me if we said one word of discouragement about the idea.

This lead to me thinking "Why would I want to be part of a group, from which I would have to fear this?"