What's new

Sappy big thankyou to a fellow ex Sea Org veteran, who helped me, Paul Adams

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
This post is more for longrange researchers and nerds of the ex Scientology member speaking out tradition, and "relay" race of ex speaker outer ex Sea Org members.

I want to sappily and publicly thank Dull Old Fart Paul Adams!

Paul and I both were at some moments in our Sea Org careers, both "Course Supervisors" at the International Training Org, a sub unit of the Sea Org that actually had about 60 despatches to this Sea Org sub unit's credit, from L. Ron Hubbard.

I lived the initial traffic, in fact I was in the Int Training Org during ALL of Hubbard's traffic to it, all of that traffic fell to two Sea Org famous all time executives, first Greg Wilhere (one time Hubbard Apollo vintage "butler" for LRH, later Commanding Officer of DC org in Washington DC, later Commanding Officer Flag Service Org, and at the time of the LRH traffic to Int Training Org, Greg was the In Charge of the "Exec Training College" that became the Int Training Org, at LRH's orders. (And the more ballsy, more gutsy and fortunately for himself, less patient, Bill Franks, who took Hubbard's orders seriously, where Greg rolled with the flow, and Greg knew when LRH said shit that couldn't just be taken seriously, since Greg understood that top level appreciation when the top guru was saying shit that just had to be delayed in execution since the guru, one had to admit without really ever admitting it mentally or public, the guru (Hubbard) was being "human" and normal idiot, or worse). Bill Franks is a huge sub subject in Scientology histoy, who had he somehow been delayed, Bill would have done a hell of a LOT less damage than Miscavige, had Bill learned his Ps and Qs, but Hubbard's BS just ejects wise players who WOULD take Hubbard's reform and responsibility options for real. (People who know what i say and opine, know I have great respect for Bill Franks, Bill's strenghts, I was just NOT of the type to even venture my opinions, all my opinions were as then unformed in my head, my opinions and 'arches' of thought have only taken form AFTER I've gotten out, I'm an admitted way too much time wasting my thoughts in hindsight observer of the Hubbard Scientology history mess trajectories.

Back to Paul.

Paul Adams, was a later Course Supervisor (scholars should think "courseroom" mentor and syllabus chaperone and reading guider and definition and clarification mentor expert), which Paul rose up to, coming from the Advanced Org (Continental exorcism church of Scientology, in this case for the UK) Saint Hill UK. Paul was an OT 3 Course Sup, risen up to the Int Training Org, then at LA, in the HGB middle management building, Paul saw the mix of people coming through the LA "middle management" sector of the movement.

One thing about "middle management" is they get the raw no bullshit view from the hard working troupers in the Class 5 orgs and the Missions (Franchises) of the movement.

Middle Management do the actual handholding, and make their decisions based on what they think best, unless overruled by "top management" (Int Base the rididulous cult compound almost Jimmy Jones crazy cult compound in Riverside County, which the Riverside County Board of Supervisors is just ignoring in their supreme ignorance of the cult compound in their back yards).

LA is home of Scientology "middle management" the realistic, no bullshit managers, like Curt Hahn (when Curt defects, please call me Curt, 412-260-1170, Curt Hahn at this point is my number one pick for one of the most realistic middle management viewpoints of the whole damn Scientology last 30 years history, Curt's lived 25 plus years of the TRUE real life of what goes on in the Class 5 Scientology churches, CALL ME CURT, please, if you ever see this, 412-260-1170; I helped train Curt on his exec training courses when he came to Clearwater to the then "Exec College" and Clearwater original version of the "Int Training Org" (a misnomer because Int is the Hemet secret "base" and Int Training Org was Hubbard's name for "us" when we actually were originally at Clearwater and our "Exec College" expanded to the name Greg Wilhere then proposed which was "Int Training Org", which made such a reputation, the name sorta stuck, anyways I was an original johnny come lately, but still very much respected and appreciated 2nd generation, myself, Int Training Org Exec Training Course Sup, I helped train Curt Hahn, who is just one of the ultra longest term most dedicated Sea Org mangers in Sea Org history, bar fucking NO ONE (nod to you Curt when you read this, man, I mean it); Curt Hahn, has been put through MORE wringers than ANY middle management person in the history of the movement, Curt's done ALL of the middle management BS carrying, for all time!) (This all said, anyone who appreciates my crazy "expert" views, you who trust me, if Curt talks, PLEASE listen, that man will know a SHIT load of truth, like no one. Curt wrote the reports that eventually were excerpted and relayed the "truth" to the bigger cheezes who thought they were the big cheezes. Naw, life is built on the littler middle management diehards, and Curt was one of that class.)

Back to Paul Adams, and my thankyou Paul Adams, though, since Paul hauled Sientology's BS in the UK before coming to service the middle management realistic staffers, the Curt Hahns, the wonderful honest and courageous middle managers, to likes of which Paul was a Staff Course Supervisor who daily, or sporadically had to deal with the Curt Hahns who always had some perfect Hubbard justified alibili for "not making it to staff study", which for some years Paul Adams oversaw.

Paul was a stable UK contribution to the HGB, middle management, setup that continues in LA.

I often wonder who the "staff course sups" are today, I heard that my 2nd wife, Janet Findley Parker, is the admin, the librarian sort of, for the staff in the HGB building who come do their 2 and 1/2 hours study 5 days a week, that Hubbard's staff policies order them to all do!

Well, thankyou Paul Adams.

Paul to his English credit, does NOT go into any ego pumping of himself, but I who directly benefited from Paul's staid stoic Englishman nature by Paul's posting on ARS, by Paul's giving me acknowledgements and help in my first postings, us being "Course Sups" class Scientology Sea Og vets, we knew where we came from, Int Training Org, where Astra Woodcraft later on came from, and the good she's done is so appreciated by the media.

Paul Adam is sort of the regular UK conservative type person, and being so calm, Paul Adams had (still has) a boosting good influence on me, back in the summer of 2004, when I had to absorb Elliot Abelson's threatening letter to me, I"ve shared that threat letter publicly.

Paul and Dan Garvin, hugely influenced me, since I was more like Paul and Dan, I was the middle level guy, but I also sorta temporarily got boosted into the for a tiny few years of time into the upper "priveledged" ranks of the Sea Organization (into ASI, into INCOMM, into Int Base staff for various short periods, months, but totalling altogether 2-4 years "facetime" at the Int Base).

Beacause Paul was who he was, so staid and UK Brit like, and Dan Garvin who is ultra genius level brainy and humorous, I took their baton of free speaking outness, and wanted to pass it on to the MANY others I knew from being inside, were outside, and who had such HUGE amounts of history to tell that the world should hear!

Paul, you helped me set up my today still amateur and shoddy web site, and Ellitot Abelson had his "cow" about my meager "fresh for that time" history postings, and Abelson (now put out to pasture per Marty Rathbun's latest news, and Soter is the Abelson of the Ableson era, today), in my tiny window of being the most listened to "ex" member with "new" news, was OSA and Elliot's tiny "problem."

The 2004 era speaker outers, Paul you did major good by me, and helped me, so thankyou and an historical thankyou to my stint as "relayer" of the baton of revealing NEW NEWS about Scientology, from the staff insdiers, no BS good raw history.

So thankyou, and put this in your file, for your family to have, a BIG thankyou to you, Paul Adams, for helping launch me, an inbetween "flavor of the month" (Frank Oliver's assessment of me, but we course sups know a hell of lot better, we drank a whole lot more kool aid that the OSA manipulator classes who drank Hubbard's Sun Tzu Clauswitz rotten human nature "tech" tech that plagues Scientology members and their enemies ever since).

You're a longterm defector who has been true to the UK Brit stable and boldly public tradition.

THis is just my ESMB long term thankyou to you Paul Adams!!!!

Your family ought be proud of your efforts, and that you even were interested in the internet chat sites relating to Scientology.

A lesson for anyone who reads this!

Ideas shared over long stretches of history DO matter.

Please share the history!

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you Chuck for the insight and history into the inner workings of middle control in Scientology.

You really must be a very big Special Person(SP) to be thanking such an Open Minded Person That is Special such as Paul Adams.:coolwink:

I must thank you Chuck for being broadly known as a trustworthy individual who I was able to email the very first week I left Scientology.

I didn't know who Dan Garvin was but here is a Tory Christman interview video of him on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tZPk72TaAE

It will be great when Curt Hahn defects and connects up with you. I assume he knew Paul and Dan also?

By the way I have never seen the Abelson's threat letter. Could you provide it or a link here please?

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chuck, thank you for publically recognising one of the many unsung heroes in the fight against the cult.

And, I would like to thank you. You see, when I was still officially ‘in’ the cult, but looking on the internet for answers, your voice was one of the small number that helped me to see that I was stuck in a brainwashing cult. It took a long time, but I finally managed to break free.

There was one event in particular that I recall, that had a big impact on me. You posted on OCMB that a 27-year veteran (who I now know to be Jeff Hawkins) had recently left the Sea Org and had thrown his SO veteran’s ring into the ocean. I thought, how must this person be feeling after dedicating so much of their life to the SO and then thinking that they had wasted their life? Even though I still called myself a Scientologist, I couldn’t help but know that this was an indicator of something being terribly wrong.

Axiom142

Terril park

Sponsor
Chuck, still trying to wrap my mind around how someone who creates a Robot Auditor is a "conservative type person". :)

Incidentally your website with my phone no as the UK contact for those wishing to leave the SO only got around 5 people who had already left the SO in about 4 years.

But 3 newspapers in 3 days this last week :)

TG1

Angelic Poster
Chuck,

I don't know you IRL. But I've read you for some time now on a variety of forums. The thing that always impresses me is that you seem like such a nice, kind, polite person. You speak your mind, but you don't take opposition personally or get led into "No, U!" arguments. As a result, you are one of the best communicators online among the many stripes of those in ex-Co$ community. I've learned so much from you.

You are absolutely top-drawer!

Best,

TG1

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Chuck, still trying to wrap my mind around how someone who creates a Robot Auditor is a "conservative type person". :)

But it's a very conservative robot, Terril.

Like the conservative robot doll bodies (Elron and Astar) in my latest animated video. Complete with the Galactic Patrol Marching Song for Veda. :) (It's in High Definition, with subtitles. You might need to tweak the settings at the bottom.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJWsyfjPI0

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
What a lovely thread. It makes me feel all warm & fuzzy. Truly. :hug:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Chuck,

I don't know you IRL. But I've read you for some time now on a variety of forums. The thing that always impresses me is that you seem like such a nice, kind, polite person. You speak your mind, but you don't take opposition personally or get led into "No, U!" arguments. As a result, you are one of the best communicators online among the many stripes of those in ex-Co$ community. I've learned so much from you.

You are absolutely top-drawer!

Best,

TG1

I know him IRL and you're absolutely right. :)

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors

Incidentally your website with my phone no as the UK contact for those wishing to leave the SO only got around 5 people who had already left the SO in about 4 years.

But 3 newspapers in 3 days this last week :)

Terril,

It's the INFORM people who get the media calls, and INFORM has you as their UK contact, is the real why.

And yes, you recall a couple years ago, my asking practically pleading for you to please DO media, remember?

It's a whole scene moved on now for sure.

Scientology will slowly become one of the more understood "new religions" because of its unique mix of controversies that generate so much attention to it.

So people, like you and other critics and expert Scientology ex members and hobbiests, the word of mouth is totally unloosened these last 20 years, accelerating so that major media go sleuthing for details of even technical auditing procedures!

Sheesh!

Next thing I think, is for some person to be a "splinter" Scientology history moderator, someone who knows the whole splinter group history since the 1950s, and does a "time track" of links.

The time track done by the freezone ought be a little bit more expanded.

Anyways, on the 866-XSEAORG what happens, is almost ALL calls are from families and from people asking advice how to get Scientology to stop disseminating to them.

It's so odd, to advise people the two techniques I have through trial and error discovered, work.

One method is polite.

One method is rude, but polite.

What's so interesting when I step back and see how ex Scientologists almost wish ALL communication to please stop, which is sort of the polite asking for someone to please stop communicating (disseminating Scientology) to them. The trick I advise, is be respectful and ask that one's UN Declaration of Human Rights right to change religions without penalty be respected. That's the polite approach.

If the polite approach doesn't work, then throw in the line that you don't believe that Xenu caused the Wall of Fire 4th Dynamic Engram, and say to whoever is trying to phone you from Scientology asking you why you are leaving or don't wish further contact from Scientology, then tell them also that you don't believe that Xenu gave billions of people the R6 implants, and that you don't believe that you will ever want to do the OT levels 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 and do that massive amount of exorcism to get rid of all the dead souls that supposedly infest us all. And then politely ask that you be allowed your UN Declaration of Human Rights right to change your religion and for them to please respect your decision, and just be kind and polite with them.

That's been working so far, with the most callers who call me, pleading for advice how to get the phone calls from Scientology to stop.

Be sure to encourage some splinter Scientology history writing Terril.

And help the UK INFORM people!

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
But it's a very conservative robot, Terril.

Like the conservative robot doll bodies (Elron and Astar) in my latest animated video. Complete with the Galactic Patrol Marching Song for Veda. :) (It's in High Definition, with subtitles. You might need to tweak the settings at the bottom.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJWsyfjPI0

Paul

great stuff Paul!

What'd be interesting, is to do scenes from the "Hole", from the "RPF", I mean the possibilities are endless.

How events, with Jeff Pomerantz doing his introductions, how about doing Danny Sherman, and DM speaking at events.

Paul, I think if Gerry Armstrong had this program during Gerry's funniest scripts and scenarios that Gerry wrote years ago on ARS, Gerry could come up with some truly brilliant crap.

Love the Idle Org "walk through" or "exec daily inspection" and "BP coordination", stroll one you did.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks, Chuck.

I'm hoping that others will download this free Xtranormal Desktop program from http://www.xtranormal.com/about-desktop/ and start producing stuff we can all see. It's not that difficult at all. They say the minimum computer requirements are Windows, 1.9 GHz single-core processor, and 2 GB RAM. It costs next to nothing. I've used about $5 worth of sets/characters so far, and it costs nothing to make more movies using the same sets and characters. It is a lot more creative and fun than sitting in front of the TV for hours a day, and you can read ESMB while your videos are rendering. :)

And yes, the possibilities are endless. I will certainly be doing more. Look out for more in the Fun at the Idle Org series and the Aboard the Mothership series especially.

I've subtitled them all now. For anyone that missed it, here's the Idle Org "exec walkthrough" you mentioned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yBsqbAmiy0

Paul

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
I would like to add my thanks to Paul. He helped me especially when I was new here. :itstrue::itstrue:

I enjoy his incisive humour, and his pedantry about grammar, spelling, punctuation, and paying attention to the correct form of using ESMB, though he has been a bit quiet on that front of late.

And I'm pleased he didn't lose his Britishness during his sojourn in the USA. That would have been tragic. He does have some odd interests. :coolwink: I guess that's part of being a dyed in the wool eccentric Englishman. :biggrin:

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril,

It's the INFORM people who get the media calls, and INFORM has you as their UK contact, is the real why.

And yes, you recall a couple years ago, my asking practically pleading for you to please DO media, remember?

It's a whole scene moved on now for sure.

Scientology will slowly become one of the more understood "new religions" because of its unique mix of controversies that generate so much attention to it.

So people, like you and other critics and expert Scientology ex members and hobbiests, the word of mouth is totally unloosened these last 20 years, accelerating so that major media go sleuthing for details of even technical auditing procedures!

Sheesh!

Next thing I think, is for some person to be a "splinter" Scientology history moderator, someone who knows the whole splinter group history since the 1950s, and does a "time track" of links.

The time track done by the freezone ought be a little bit more expanded.

Anyways, on the 866-XSEAORG what happens, is almost ALL calls are from families and from people asking advice how to get Scientology to stop disseminating to them.

It's so odd, to advise people the two techniques I have through trial and error discovered, work.

One method is polite.

One method is rude, but polite.

What's so interesting when I step back and see how ex Scientologists almost wish ALL communication to please stop, which is sort of the polite asking for someone to please stop communicating (disseminating Scientology) to them. The trick I advise, is be respectful and ask that one's UN Declaration of Human Rights right to change religions without penalty be respected. That's the polite approach.

If the polite approach doesn't work, then throw in the line that you don't believe that Xenu caused the Wall of Fire 4th Dynamic Engram, and say to whoever is trying to phone you from Scientology asking you why you are leaving or don't wish further contact from Scientology, then tell them also that you don't believe that Xenu gave billions of people the R6 implants, and that you don't believe that you will ever want to do the OT levels 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 and do that massive amount of exorcism to get rid of all the dead souls that supposedly infest us all. And then politely ask that you be allowed your UN Declaration of Human Rights right to change your religion and for them to please respect your decision, and just be kind and polite with them.

That's been working so far, with the most callers who call me, pleading for advice how to get the phone calls from Scientology to stop.

Be sure to encourage some splinter Scientology history writing Terril.

And help the UK INFORM people!

All three papers who contacted me mention the ex SO website as the reason they had my phone no. None mentioned INFORM. However Dr David Barrett who did his PhD under the president of Inform Eileen Barker has
had at last writing to me done around 7 radio programs, and is probably doing more right now.

I did contact The Times, Guardian, Telegraph and Independent some years ago, and BBC after IIRC the BBC Panorama show, and got no response. I shall be contacting them again.