What's new

Schiavo, McPherson Cases Spotlighted In “Ticket To Murder”

Anonycat

Crusader
Joan Wood had already once changed the findings of an autopsy which eventually led to the end of her career. She wasn’t about to do it again.

She had joined the Medical Examiner’s Office in 1975 under Dr. John Shinner who was ME at the time of Michael Niesen’s autopsy. Wood then succeeded him in 1982. She was later appointed to head the Florida Medical Examiners Commission.

Wood was the ME for Pinellas-Pasco County for 18 years, from 1982 until September 2000 when she resigned. She conducted over 5,600 autopsies.

But the autopsy in the 1995 death of Lisa McPherson led to the loss of her medical license and her career.

Article: http://www.northcountrygazette.org/2013/05/09/schiavo_spotlighted/

Last edited by a moderator:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> Initially, Wood said that the blood clot that was listed as the cause of McPherson’s death was due to “severe dehydration”... <snip>

Four months before the trial was to begin, perhaps as a result of intense pressure from the church, Wood changed the manner of death from “undetermined” to “accident”. </snip>
This kind of stuff gives me a headache. (As opposed to 'out/int, which never does .. <-- Scientology insider joke)

Wood changed the cause of death from Blood clot resulting from severe dehydration, which in plain english means death from thirst, to .. something or other.. It's insignificant. Lisa Mc.Pherson died from thirst, while being forcibly kept prisoner by Scientology!

:yes:

Anonycat

Crusader
This kind of stuff gives me a headache. (As opposed to 'out/int, which never does .. <-- Scientology insider joke)

Wood changed the cause of death from Blood clot resulting from severe dehydration, which in plain english means death from thirst, to .. something or other.. It's insignificant. Lisa Mc.Pherson died from thirst, while being forcibly kept prisoner by Scientology!

:yes:

Since Marty spoke about heading the entire McPhearson murder cover-up, I'd think that he dealt with this. I don't think he'll answer that question here, but since the publication is available for various held devices including Kindle for ~$5, it will probably be asked of him sooner or later.

I'm really glad that these crimes are being published. The cult will be stopped.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hrrmpf.. Changing it to 'accident' make no sense at all.. Wood is not the judge. She can't, and should not, pass judgement on whether Scientology's keeping Mc.Pherson from water in 14 days was an accident or not.

:screwy:

Anonycat

Crusader

Lisa McPherson Scientology case drove Joan Wood from medical examiner to recluse

Dr. Joan Wood once enjoyed prominence and prestige as a medical sleuth like the heroes of the mystery books she read.

As the Pinellas-Pasco medical examiner for 18 years, she conducted more than 5,600 autopsies and testified in hundreds of murder trials.

But the case she will be remembered for most is the one she botched: the 1995 death of Lisa McPherson.

Based on Wood's findings, prosecutors charged the Church of Scientology in connection with McPherson's death. Their case crumbled when, four months before trial, Wood changed her conclusions.

The decision cost Wood her reputation, her job and her Florida medical license. The fallout so scarred Wood that she slipped into a reclusive retirement.

Full article: http://www.tampabay.com/news/obitua...ve-joan-wood-from-medical-examiner-to/1182478

Last edited by a moderator: