Scientologist Cures Cancer with Vitamins and Scientology Courses

The_Fixer

Class Clown
That's the "after scientology/vitamin healing" scan.

That's a PET scan, where the patient is given marked radioactive glucose to reveal parts of the body which have a high metabolism. Since malignant tumors have a high metabolism, they would show up as black spots on that scan. But so will organs which also have a high glucose consumption, such as the brain and heart.

You can also see a bit of it in the kidneys, which is normal since they are involved in its excretion, and a little bit in the liver, which stocks sugar. The two dark spots below the brain are the thyroid, which often concentrates radioactive substances. The very dark spot down is the bladder filling up with the marker for excretion IMO.

Hey, thanks for that explanation. Very informative.

Could you explain what the other two pictures (CT scans?) are and what they show please?

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the epitome of QUACKERY.

This is one of the things that got COS into trouble in the olden days.

This is ANECDOTAL evidence.

Peer review? You know, science? Scientific method?

The nul hypothesis (statistical term meaning "prove it") is that vitamins and Scientology cure cancer.

How big is the sample size? one?

How many times DIDN'T Scientology cure cancer (quite a few per the testimonies)?

How many others will now dump their life savings into Scientology because of the testimony of one guy.

I'm glad his cancer is in remission.

Correlation is not causation.

How many times does one have to say that?

Boojum, to be fair, the medical literature does allow for anecdotal evidence, but treats it with some skepticism. Those anecdotes are called "case studies". If enough case studies accumulate in the literature (e.g. kidney failure after taking a specific drug), then they may provide evidence for making a case that money should be spent on a controlled study.

But the level of evidence in those case studies has to be high in order for them to get published. In this case, that would mean all the PET and CT scans, not just the initial diagnosis and one from long after the second incident. In fact, the scans from the second incident are absolutely necessary to substantiate this claim, which is why I'm suspicious that they are not there.

And, given how imminent destruction seems to concentrate the mind, I can't figure out why his Oat Tee powers only worked on the recurrence, and not on the original cancer. If Oat Tee whatever can't save the family jewels, what the fuck good is it, anyway? Why was that elephant left unremarked upon? I mean, Samuel Hall still has one up on him...

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Pic stolen from somewhere else on this thread......

b4ZgQiW.jpg

Yes, well, there is Udarnik's explanation and then there is mine.
That is correct, I am not a doctor in any shape or form, but when I was a kid, a lot of the girls in my neighbourhood *thought* I was. But, *ahem*, that's another story.....

My diagnosis?

The above X-Ray shows he has swallowed a couple of rocks. There are a couple of strategically placed rocks around him, but did any of you notice the biggest one was in his head?

Side effect of Scientology. For sure.

On a more serious note, I congratulate him for beating cancer (if it really was) and it is a scary thing to have to deal with. So I am happy he got well.

As for the scientology cure? The X-Ray pic of the rock in the head says it all.

Oh BTW, I forgot to add that the above post was an OPINION and that we all know that an opinion means more than the data, facts and/or the truth, right?

Lone Star

Crusader
This story really pisses me off because it will be used to deceive gullible people that "going up the Bridge" and doing Scientology processing can cure diseases such as cancer.

I remember when I was in the hallway in my org before a course one evening reading an announcement bulletin board. On the board was a write-up of a long time member out in CA who had recently died of......Yes....you guessed it, cancer.

It said that he was told by a doctor that he had terminal cancer a few months prior to his passing. It said he spent the time getting his affairs in order and "saying goodbye" to all of his friends and family. Then he died. No mention of doing any kind of processing to "cure" him.

That write -up, or death notice had a profound affect on me because I was told that "going up the Bridge" pretty much guaranteed that you would not get a terminal illness, especially if your ethics were kept in. This guy was an OT something or another, and from the write-up seemed to be a member in good standing, so I assumed is "ethics were in".

Of course now I know that it's VERY common for Oatees to die of cancer and various other diseases. Whether the rates are higher than the general public I don't know. It certainly isn't lower. Not by a long-shot.

It's just all a load of bullshit.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
This story really pisses me off because it will be used to deceive gullible people that "going up the Bridge" and doing Scientology processing can cure diseases such as cancer.

I remember when I was in the hallway in my org before a course one evening reading an announcement bulletin board. On the board was a write-up of a long time member out in CA who had recently died of......Yes....you guessed it, cancer.

It said that he was told by a doctor that he had terminal cancer a few months prior to his passing. It said he spent the time getting his affairs in order and "saying goodbye" to all of his friends and family. Then he died. No mention of doing any kind of processing to "cure" him.

That write -up, or death notice had a profound affect on me because I was told that "going up the Bridge" pretty much guaranteed that you would not get a terminal illness, especially if your ethics were kept in. This guy was an OT something or another, and from the write-up seemed to be a member in good standing, so I assumed is "ethics were in".

Of course now I know that it's VERY common for Oatees to die of cancer and various other diseases. Whether the rates are higher than the general public I don't know. It certainly isn't lower. Not by a long-shot.

It's just all a load of bullshit.

I'm going to cross-post an OP from another thread from some years ago as it's related to what you say here.

It is from Michel, former SOLO NOTS DofP, Europe (Director of Processing, for you never-in's).

I'm sure that all the regulars including yourself have already seen it, but am putting it here for the benefit of some newbies who may not have seen it as yet:

(color red added by me)

Hello! This thread is to answer Tommy Davis’s glibness.

I met Tommy during my second EPF in the Sea Org (actually a 2 months Boot Camp type of EPF), he was eating beans and rice every day, washing our clothes, doing the worst MEST work you can imagine, doing pumps up for hours...because he fucked up a "VIP" cycle.

At that time he wasn’t so proud to be a Sea Org Member, I can tell you.

Now, let’s talk about cancer and suicide on Solo Nots. Here are some data for you guys.

There is a tag status for each Solo Nots auditor:

Green tag: audit 4 to 6 sessions daily and comes on time for his 6 months check.

Grey tag: audit less than 4 sessions daily and doesn't come on time for his 6 month check.

Orange tag: Not allowed to solo audit because of out ethics situation.

Purple tag: Not allowed to audit because of illness or sickness.

Black tag: Disaffected with the church.

See the way it works? One starts the level with a Green tag then, depending on his "ability to be Cause over Life" one keeps his Green tag or, follow the dwindling spiral to Black tag.

There are about 5,300 Solo Nots Auditors worldwide and about(depending on their current status):

1,000 Green tags
1,100 Grey tags
900 Orange tags
800 Purple tags
1,500 Black tags

The 10,000 on Solo Nots is just a dream. There is only 1,000 of them auditing regularly.

I was Solo Nots D of P Europe and i personally met the following Solo Nots Auditors. They were all with advanced cancer:

• Roberto B. – Italy
• Antonella B. – Italy
• Beppe G. – Italy
• Sonia B. – Italy
• Pierluigi G. – Italy
• Bernard C. – Switzerland
• Jo R. - Switzerland
• Tasa D. – France
• Helene M. – France

There is more, but I do not remember their names.

Before I blew the Sea Org in November 2006,two of them died of committed suicide; Jo R. and Beppe G.

I don’t know if the other ones are still alive.

The majority of the 800 Purple tags and 1,500 Black tags are with cancer, HIV, diabetes and non optimum physical conditions.

The majority of the 900 Orange tags committed financial irregularities to be able to “pay for services and/or donations” to the Cult.

Rex Fowler is a typical Orange tag product of the Cult.

You all know the PTS/SP tech “theory”, right?

How many of them had to disconnect from their family and friends because they where the ”SP”?

Why, after an entire bridge people are still sick, ill, criminal, commit suicide, etc..?

Maybe they didn’t find the real SP yet..... or, if they did, they invalidated the read.

At one point every body on Solo Nots had to do or re do the PTS/SP Course GAT.

And the SNR C/S FSO Richard Reiss (pushed by RTC, of course) was constantly harrassing the Solo Nots C/S "because they didn't apply the PTS tech at 100%" during their C/Sing.

Well, a cancerous tumor is not detectable by a SN C/S as far as i know!

I can attest! Beppe G. had a cancerous tumor the size of an egg in his brain while at Flag to "Attest to OT7"! I went with him to the Clearwater Hospital. He was sent back to Italy right away by RTC....

Imagine the Flap if Beppe died in the middle of the Solo Nots HGC!

These data should be widely disseminated. It’ s not a joke. These guys are really in danger.

Michel.

PS: the medical associations should be aware of this data. Scientology technology doesn't cure cancer....when a cancer isn't detected on time, it's too late. Unfortunalely, from a Scientologist view point, a doctor is considered a charlatan.

Full Thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?16796-MICHEL-CANCER-AND-SUICIDE-ON-SOLO-NOTS

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I'm going to cross-post an OP from another thread from some years ago as it's related to what you say here.

It is from Michel, former SOLO NOTS DofP, Europe (Director of Processing, for you never-in's).

I'm sure that all the regulars including yourself have already seen it, but am putting it here for the benefit of some newbies who may not have seen it as yet:

(color red added by me)

Good! Thanks,. And I am going to cross post a link of this thread to Michel's thread ( IMHO, one of the most important threads on this forum)

Kemist

Patron with Honors
Hey, thanks for that explanation. Very informative.

Could you explain what the other two pictures (CT scans?) are and what they show please?

In that image, the denser the structures are, the more white they are.

It's a cross section of the abdomen, below the ribs. The triangular structure at the bottom is a vertebrae. The white circle immediately in front of it is the spinal chord, and between them you can see the vertebral canal. Those gray half moon shapes and the cloud-like stuff around the vertebrae are muscles. The darker gray background inside and outside the muscles is fat. The two black blobs on each side are parts of the colon. It is often filled with air or CO2 for the exam so that it can be easily identified (that is just as fun as it sounds, and yes you fart a lot afterwards:melodramatic:)

In the abdominal fat you can see the right kidney (the big light gray blob on the right) and bits of small intestine. If you go back to the center around the spinal chord, you can see a small gray circle. That is the aorta. There is a big white blob stuck to it that should not be there. My guess is that this is the tumor he is talking about. It is not unusual for tumors to attach themselves to existing blood supply. In the second image on the right, that circle is very bright. I think this image has a special computer treatment and/or a signal sequence that activates a contrast agent that highlights the tumor.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
Well, I know an OT7 who had brain and lung cancer and died a few years ago from the cancer, hoping and believing the entire time that auditing would cure his cancer.

It didn't happen. Very sad. He was only in his early 60s. :bigcry: