What's new

Scientologists are planning a documentary on Louis Theroux

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
So his signature move is to go inside and create documentaries from a very intimate personal position with the subjects. He has discussed how difficult it has been for anyone to get "inside" and calls this the Holy Grail of Stories so I am assuming that he actually did get inside to do this but how? I have been trying to imagine scenarios. It's a great mystery and I am stuck to it like glue! LOL

I watched a documentary where he went to live with different families, all of them having children on psych drugs. It was so good I can't get it out of my head. So I thought about that method -- spending time with Scientologists and their families in their homes. That would be cool but no Scientologist would agree to that without permission from the church and that would not likely be given, right?

He couldn't go inside the orgs, I don't think, without either being in disguise or with having permission which, again, seems unlikely.

This is just too wonderful to think about the possibilities. He seems cleverly low-key and not one to be hyperbolic so to say, "the Holy Grail of Stories" is just so intriguing!

Per Wikipedia article, he and his family moved to LA in early 2013......

1.) In a very well done disguise, he could have allowed himself to be "body routed" on Hollywood Blvd. No beard, different hair, colored contacts rather than glasses, and some acting skills should do it. Video recording devices are very, very small nowadays. With the financial backing of the BBC it would not be difficult for him to obtain the very latest in high tech devices. Think James Bond here.

2.) Someone very close to him could have become the "insider".

3.) Perhaps he AND someone else were the "infiltrators".

California law is that only one of the two parties must give consent to recording devices, right? Knowing the timing and the importance of 2:00PM on Thursdays, I would think there are times when ANYONE could be gotten in the door. Especially someone who did especially poorly in the "communications" area of the Oxford test. (That would be a bit of an irony, wouldn't it?)

From there, a cover story that indicates the presence of a large amount of money would be all that was needed. Nothing like money to make the $cientologists put their blinders on, I would think.

Oh, I do so hope he was able to infiltrate them! They must be quaking if they've now realized this is the type of reporting for which he is known.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
The suspense is killing me!
He never mentions this docu much because he is promoting other things right now.
Is it "in the can?"
Does anyone know when it might come out?

I was pretty gobsmacked about how he got The Westboro Baptist church members to open up.
He is almost as good as Jon Ronson, and more daring by a mile.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Per Wikipedia article, he and his family moved to LA in early 2013......

1.) In a very well done disguise, he could have allowed himself to be "body routed" on Hollywood Blvd. No beard, different hair, colored contacts rather than glasses, and some acting skills should do it. Video recording devices are very, very small nowadays. With the financial backing of the BBC it would not be difficult for him to obtain the very latest in high tech devices.

Oh, I do so hope he was able to infiltrate them! They must be quaking if they've now realized this is the type of reporting for which he is known.

Louis & his wife purchased a home in the Griffith Park area within walking distance to to Karen de la Carriere's home, so I can see why the OSA heads are running amok in their paranoia at the problems these two, together, can pose for their agenda. :biggrin:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Louis Theroux is my neighbor in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles.
I have grown to greatly admire him.

One day I asked him what his most favorite shows of all were.
He said that the one where people were taking experimental drugs to save their lives (cancer) etc ~~ many did die anyway.
I subsequently found the video on YouTube.

He also said he did one on Las Vegas with a very high net worth gambler ~~ how he lived, how he spent $$$ in Las Vegas and how they received him. I found that one too on YouTube. There is a such a versatility and spectrum in his interviews. He has over 1/2 million LIKES on his Facebook page.
DSCN1055.jpg

Day2LouisKaren.jpg

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
California law is that only one of the two parties must give consent to recording devices, right?

So...just curious.

Does everyone who comes into an org consent to have their conversations in the reg offices recorded and their sessions recorded?

I was staff at a SO sevice org in LA and I never remember that permission was asked....

Enquiring minds want to know.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ahhhhh- the REAL reason Scientology needs a Movie Production Studio.....:yes:

It is all so ecclesiastically theta...:whistling:

Glad I am not in right now - how mortifying to be connected to this "cherch":nervous:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sure. Why not do the same exact thing you just did for the last couple of months -- that completely blew up in your face --- even possibly getting millions (yes millions) more to watch Gibney's documentary than would have watched it otherwise. You just got through all of that and now you want to do it AGAIN? How about a break from your insanity for like a minute?

I think they've gone so mad that they cannot sit still in any calm, quiet space for even a second lest the horror of what they've been doing engulf them and eat them alive.

Moving, moving, moving, hurry, hurry, hurry, emergency, emergency, emergency, don't stop, can't stop, can't breathe, "god dammit, who drank COB's water?" "fuck!", go, go, go....must create madness, must spew hate, must say SOMETHING, ANYTHING against these SPS.

My opinion is that they cannot sustain this constant creation of seething hate much longer. Something has to give.

Until then, they'll surely catapult Louis Theroux's documentary into mainstream public view in no time.

Scientologists, what technical detail has failed you?

You may be onto something here.

Do you suppose it is possible Theroux has hired OSA through back door channels?

Please sue me! You can borrow my GPS! How much to have a bug planted? I want 5 of your most intimidating camera men for 2 hours this Thursday! Peeping Tom's extra?

Sindy

Crusader
Who knows, maybe they're just trying to figure out what to do with all the film studio space and equipment that they aren't even close to needing. Like Ron pretending to be a big shot Hollywood director -- creating hokey tech films, they're stepping it up, pretending to be documentarians, creating childish documentaries. The cult leader never falls far from the con artist.

Scientology is really very uncreative, boring and humorless. That said, for now it's the best show in town.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I heard from one of Mr/s Blanky's friends at the org that scientology is planning to launch their own series of interviews and exposes once the new media center is ready for operation. I don't know where s/he got that info and it's possible I was eavesdropping ....

mawena

Patron with Honors
I heard from one of Mr/s Blanky's friends at the org that scientology is planning to launch their own series of interviews and exposes once the new media center is ready for operation. I don't know where s/he got that info and it's possible I was eavesdropping ....

Is this related to the KCET-TV purchase?

God I hope they reno that thing fast and put it to work.

Nothing will bury them faster than having a 24hr network spitting out their bullshit. Maybe they'll have a live interview with DM. And is it just me but from the last new years video DM looks super gaunt. His guns don't look as bulgy as they used to. Maybe to poor sod RPF'd himself

Sindy

Crusader

Is this a statement and a confession at the same time :) :giggle:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
So...just curious.

Does everyone who comes into an org consent to have their conversations in the reg offices recorded and their sessions recorded?

I was staff at a SO sevice org in LA and I never remember that permission was asked....

Enquiring minds want to know.

If California is a "one party permission" state - which I am pretty sure it is - then Scientology would be the one person giving permission. And the permission of the second party would not be needed.

Here in Pennsylvania it is a "two party permission" state, thus both parties to a recording/video must give permission.

Remember "friend" Linda Tripp in the Monica Lewinsky case? She got caught up in the "two party" requirement when she tape recorded Monica without her (Monica's) permission. By the way, I just recently encountered a Saturday Night Live snippet of John Goodman as Linda Tripp...... still hilarious!

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Is this related to the KCET-TV purchase?

God I hope they reno that thing fast and put it to work.

Nothing will bury them faster than having a 24hr network spitting out their bullshit. Maybe they'll have a live interview with DM. And is it just me but from the last new years video DM looks super gaunt. His guns don't look as bulgy as they used to. Maybe to poor sod RPF'd himself

Yes, it is. HAHA ... and so true. Hard to imagine they could look worse but I'm willing to work at it ;)

Is this a statement and a confession at the same time :) :giggle:

I can neither confirm nor deny. :biggrin:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the Church Scientology's view, they are not doing the same exact thing. They are doing something different, something MORE.

The lesson the Church of Scientology learned from the Going Clear debacle is that the Church was insufficiently aggressive. The Church of Scientology did not threaten, much less make, a full-on documentary concerning Alex Gibney. It did not start black PRiing Gibney soon enough, or in sufficient volume (e.g., by doing a full documentary on him).

Who says the Church of Scientology does not learn from its mistakes? :confused2:

Yes! Thank you! We do need MORE not less!

OSA? There is no...."OSA". There is only: Out Sourced Attorneys!

These are just retired Guardians Office people living in Santa Barbara with a PO Box in Hemet. Nice people really. This Scientology thing is a great gig!

Completely misunderstood and under appreciated - They spend the Church's money to the tune of $10,000.00 per week for every guy sitting in a car down your street.

And now we know that Squirrel Busters have very expensive hobbies!

OSA is our friend. GO OSA!
jpg.gif

Attachments

• ATT000286.jpg
    ATT000286.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: