What's new

Scientologists CANNOT answer these questions.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
All the contradictions supposedly pointed out by the OP are easily resolved using the phrase "because LRH said so!".

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
And as a further comment, it's not that scientologists CANNOT answer these Qs, it's more that they WILL NOT answer them ( nor even consider them as questions, in many cases).

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
And as a further comment, it's not that scientologists CANNOT answer these Qs, it's more that they WILL NOT answer them ( nor even consider them as questions, in many cases).

The official response would be something like "Have you read Dianetics, the Modern Science of Mental Health?".

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
Q1: Why does L ron hubbard Blvd in Hollywood, CA completely shut down at the sight on just one scientology protester?

Q2: Why does everybody walk past Anon Sparrow when he brings up legitimate issues to people walking in-and-out of the scientology org Washington, DC? (as shown on his many youtube videos.)

Q3: What kind of a BS story are we going to hear, when an attempt is made to fill up all those empty scientology/CIA-CIA-CIA buildings worldwide -- worldwide -- worldwide?

Q4: How is anybody ever going to take scientology or the indy-freezone serious as long as you believe in OT3 Xenu and the invisible Body Thetans (BT's)? Ha-ha-ha, ha-ha-ha.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
You may be 'decertified' Bea, but, *anything* but discredited :)
The 'certs' belong to them. Your integrity is yours.

Zinj

My sentiments exactly.

Years ago, I reasoned that the church giveth the certs, so the church can taketh away.

The training and experience, however, is mine. I take that away from the church.

The future is mine.

I don't need no stinkin' certs.

People still come to me for auditing and help.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Interesting take on it, I agree! So, therefore....

CANNOT ANSWER
is really
WILL NOT ANSWER
which is actually
NEED NOT ANSWER

Need not answer, because a Scientologist believes that they must "parallel the mind" of the person they are handling.

The "question" as you astutely observe, is not even considered a question as much as it is a "manifestation" of what needs to be handled.

In Scientology Think there ARE NO LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS, because all the ANSWERS are already found. There is only reference to the source answers. Every question is reinterpreted and reformulated as a reach for the appropriate LRH reference.

Therefore when a person erroneously thinks they are asking a question, they are really (according to Scn) showing what they need to be handled on. The job of the SCN is to handle them with the appropriate tech (word clearing, false data stripping, ethics conditions, rollback of black pr, pts handling, disconnection from evil beings, etc.....).

The Scn is proud they can increase production by eliminating the needless DevT called a "question" and get right down to the business of salvaging degraded beings who ask them.

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors

CANNOT ANSWER
is really
WILL NOT ANSWER
which is actually
NEED NOT ANSWER

Need not answer, because a Scientologist believes that they must "parallel the mind" of the person they are handling.

The "question" as you astutely observe, is not even considered a question as much as it is a "manifestation" of what needs to be handled.

In Scientology Think there ARE NO LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS, because all the ANSWERS are already found. There is only reference to the source answers. Every question is reinterpreted and reformulated as a reach for the appropriate LRH reference.

Therefore when a person erroneously thinks they are asking a question, they are really (according to Scn) showing what they need to be handled on. The job of the SCN is to handle them with the appropriate tech (word clearing, false data stripping, ethics conditions, rollback of black pr, pts handling, disconnection from evil beings, etc.....).

The Scn is proud they can increase production by eliminating the needless DevT called a "question" and get right down to the business of salvaging degraded beings who ask them.

This is one of the simplest and most accurate explanations I have seen for the behavior of most Scientologists. Also liked the KSW post.

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
The simple answer to all of these questions is that the cult is a scam designed to part fools from their money and enslave them if possible.

Scientology is the antithesis of everything it publicly proclaims to be.

dixi88

Patron

Excellent question!

I am guessing that since the CoS refuses (or cannot) answer a simple common-sense question about what they need your money for, it means:

* Your money is needed to protect and advance Scientology
* Specifically to get and keep in all the points of Keeping Scientology Working
* Specifically "KNOWING IT IS CORRECT" (the technology)

That's where your donation comes in.

You apparently do NOT know that "IT IS CORRECT" since you are questioning senior scientologists about their on-policy actions.

Therefore money is needed to "hammer out of existence" people like YOU asking questions like that. Kind of like making advance payments on your own funeral.
"
What about the Way To Happiness promoted most heavily on the public, stating Look, See what you see, not what someone tells you that you see, through some curtain of fear, cloud of prejudice, or interpretation of another. I'm trying to gently get them to LOOK. "

So... Do not ask for whom the IAS tolls, it tolls for thee.

toll  [tohl] –noun
1. a payment or fee exacted by the state, the local authorities, etc., for some right or privilege, as for passage along a road or over a bridge.
2. the extent of loss, damage, suffering, etc., resulting from some action or calamity: The toll was 300 persons dead or missing.
3. a tax, duty, or tribute, as for services or use of facilities.
4. a payment made for a long-distance telephone call.
5. (formerly, in England) the right to take such payment.
6. a compensation for services, as for transportation or transmission.
7. grain retained by a miller in payment for grinding.
–verb (used with object)
8. to collect (something) as toll.
9. to impose a tax or toll on (a person).
–verb (used without object)
10. to collect toll; levy toll
[/QUOTE

TA Jacker

Patron

CANNOT ANSWER
is really
WILL NOT ANSWER
which is actually
NEED NOT ANSWER

You seem to have answered your own question quite beautifully.

If $cientology was supposed to be removing additives from a being and increasing their ability to confront someone wasn't paying attention in their processing and training!

Of course a $cio can never answer these types of questions, that would require an original thought in response to unconfronted question after sifting through oodles of Tech Vol handlings parroted away for a rainy day!:duh:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
It doesn't bother me. It's a shorthand (scientologese) that I understand. I don't "talk scientologese" to people who are not former scientologists. Just as I don't talk football to people who don't watch. To me, it's a language that's evocative of a time in which I had very high hopes, very strong ideals, a great deal of energy and focus, and I make no apologies for that. I apologize for not doing better research prior to involvement, but I don't regret the instincts that got me involved, or the intention (which continues) to help other people when I can.

I guess I dont mind people using the words. I admit I have done it too - I guess its the ones who talk about their case as if they have one. To each his own, though, I guess.

I guess I am glad I dont deal with it daily.

Anyways, for example, I just found another friend (one of my RPF twins mentioned in my story), and we got back in touch. She is declared but not really doing anything about it that I can tell. She said she wont have time to do A to E this lifetime (I guess its the "this lifetime" thing - maybe I dont beleive in it? Not sure...) - but it was used in the Scientologese sense...

Good twin

Floater
I guess I dont mind people using the words. I admit I have done it too - I guess its the ones who talk about their case as if they have one. To each his own, though, I guess.

Anyways, for example, I just found another friend (one of my RPF twins mentioned in my story), and we got back in touch. She is declared but not really doing anything about it that I can tell. She said she wont have time to do A to E this lifetime (I guess its the "this lifetime" thing - maybe I dont beleive in it? Not sure...) - but it was used in the Scientologese sense...

I agree Bea. I speak the language mostly in reference to rejecting the philosophy and technology. I know this stuff runs deep and as exes I think we have multiple layers of indoctrination that can sometimes only be seen by other exes.

Eternity is spiritual junkie's Meth.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
When we were in and some reg would be haranguing us to spend money, put it on a credit card, get in debt to a/p something, my husband used to say "Would you guarantee that?" to the reg's promises that we wouldn't suffer financial devastation, that we'd make the money back from becoming that much more capable from doing the course or getting the auditing.

Guess what. They never were willing to guarantee it.

TA Jacker

Patron
Eternity is spiritual junkie's Meth.

Indeed it is!

Regarding Scientologees, well... I was a word clearer for 6 years and a sup and cramm off after that. We know that words ARE concepts, and that the mind is built of concepts and connections. In other words, we think with or through words. I found that using Scio speak kept me tied to certain realities that are predominantly Hubbardarian and made it harder to separate myself mentally from the subject or the old life, perspective, reality, whatever you want to call it. Each Scientology concept is represented by a word. When that word has been used enough times it becomes your own. I think it's the language that gets you. I remember how weird it all was at first, "your PTS" or "stop ser facing", etc.

I would only use the talk now in jest. Although it is pretty hard not to let the odd word slip out.:duh:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Indeed it is!

Regarding Scientologees, well... I was a word clearer for 6 years and a sup and cramm off after that. We know that words ARE concepts, and that the mind is built of concepts and connections. In other words, we think with or through words. I found that using Scio speak kept me tied to certain realities that are predominantly Hubbardarian and made it harder to separate myself mentally from the subject or the old life, perspective, reality, whatever you want to call it. Each Scientology concept is represented by a word. When that word has been used enough times it becomes your own. I think it's the language that gets you. I remember how weird it all was at first, "your PTS" or "stop ser facing", etc.

I would only use the talk now in jest. Although it is pretty hard not to let the odd word slip out.:duh:

Fascinating TA Jacker. I have explored this concept hard. The mental conditioning is via the language, imo. Initially with self. It is reinforced by group members yakking away with scio lingo.

I had a wild experience with this. By accident. I went to live in a foreign culture. I could not speak much due to not knowing the local languages. All I heard around me was "noise" i.e. non distinguishable speech sounds/language. Consequently I had to focus very carefully at conveying any vital communication - really work on basic concepts like "how much money do I owe you" to shopkeepers, etc. I was so utterly "in the moment" to get the basics of each day achieved.

It was like being a two-year-old in an adults body. I could not understand so many things. Wild stuff. Invigorating and at times, exhausting. My mind became very "lean" and I became very in tune with my environment. Had to, to get by, survive.

The added lingo of scientology was, by default, forced out of my mind as it was totally superfluous to basic requirement. Even the concepts of scientology, which I had for years and years framed life with, were abandoned, accidentally. I would see a man fall off his bike and just think "a man just fell off his bike" whereas for years I would have thought "that man has a PTS scene going on" or "he needs an assist", etc. I could cite thousands of examples of how this actually worked. Simplicity of thought returned to me. Think of this like being stripped back to your bare survival skills without the need for any fancy "isms". "Isms" were a luxury. It was a matter of just getting through the day the best damn way you could. No mental filtering required - just me and life. Hard up against one another.

Without that scientology lingo influencing my thoughts and without the reinforcement of hearing the lingo from other scientologists around me, huge changes occurred. At the time this happened, I loved scientology, wanted to be a scientologist, etc. So it was a huge shock to find myself, after several months of living without any scientology lingo, concepts, that I began to think differently, view things in a very new way and start to question what I had been involved in.

The language factor is KEY to making a scientologist and then UN-making a scientologist. In my own very well lived experience.

TA Jacker

Patron
That was an awesome account of the very crux of the matter. Thank you so much for sharing that experience! Sounds like a great thing to try, I think I'll have to give it a go some day.

I'm pretty sure wRONg was right onto this in creating $cientology.

Funny, this reminds me of something that happened to me while still on staff. I'd been suping a guy who was a long time Scio and had always fallen asleep while on study... how many of those are there, lol... and had him start to clay demo all of the basic Scio terms. I started looking myself at how this would work. I realized as an upshot of this that "Thetan" was a term not a thing, an abstraction not an object. I then had the idea, as I had been listening to a lot of basic lectures at the time also, to see if I could not know all of the Scio terms and concepts and relearn them in a new unit of time and have them still make sense... Well that didn't go so well, and the rest is history!

That was an awesome account of the very crux of the matter. Thank you so much for sharing that experience! Sounds like a great thing to try, I think I'll have to give it a go some day.

I'm pretty sure wRONg was right onto this in creating $cientology.

Funny, this reminds me of something that happened to me while still on staff. I'd been suping a guy who was a long time Scio and had always fallen asleep while on study... how many of those are there, lol... and had him start to clay demo all of the basic Scio terms. I started looking myself at how this would work. I realized as an upshot of this that "Thetan" was a term not a thing, an abstraction not an object. I then had the idea, as I had been listening to a lot of basic lectures at the time also, to see if I could not know all of the Scio terms and concepts and relearn them in a new unit of time and have them still make sense... Well that didn't go so well, and the rest is history!

That's interesting, in light of your last post, which I totally agree with.
I have seen long winded, hyperbolic discussions on "spiritual" things on this board. I am not saying that people don't make interesting points or nothing is gained, but sometimes there is a big fat NOTHING underneath these discussion's That's because the terms used are nothing but created significance. Created significance which has no referent or referents in reality.

Not that that will hold 'em back.