What's new

Scientology’s secret riches revealed (AU)

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Re: Scientology Australia spills its guts

Less than two weeks later, on May 23, 2011, Scientology in Australia reorganized itself. It became a non-profit type known as a “company limited by guarantee.” By law, that meant that Scientology would have to open up its books, but to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), and not to the newly formed charities commission.

]

Could some one explain to me what this means please? Does it mean that the cult has removed itself from consideration as a charity within Australia? Can it even do this while still masquerading as a religion, and therefore a church. I thought all religions in Oz were automatically considered to be charities, and were able to obtain various tax conscessions due to their altruistic work. I also thought that the Abbott government was going to disband the Charities Commission (too much heat for the Catholic Church I think). I am confused, but I've never been very good at this sort of stuff.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Gee, the CoS is playing games with money ?

Is that news ? Those bastards were crooked from day one.

Now, it look like their ball of lies is lowly - but surely - being unwound in the light of truth.

When the truth is known then scientology will be gone.