What's new

Scientology’s “Drug Prevention” Programs Infiltrate Hungarian Schools

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Drug Reporter: Scientology’s “Drug Prevention” Programs Infiltrate Hungarian Schools

http://drogriporter.hu/en/scientology

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

According to a new report, published by the HCLU’s Drugreporter on Monday, organisations backed by the Church of Scientology are infiltrating Hungarian schools, in order to increase the Church’s social influence.

The fight against drugs is a popular cause and an easy way to manipulate people. The Church of Scientology has created several organisations claiming to rehabilitate drug addicts or prevent drug use among young people. Narconon, a so-called “drug rehabilitation” program founded by Scientologists in the 60s, uses a pseudo-scientific method based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology. Its residential centres have been the location of several deaths, due to the intensive sauna and vitamin “detoxification” treatment undergone by their clients. Narconon has a very strong presence on the Internet, and their paid google ads help them to recruit thousands of drug-dependent people who are often unaware of the link to Scientology.

Scientologists founded the Together for a Drug-Free Hungary Foundation, an affiliate of the Foundation for a Drug-Free World, to launch a popular campaign targeting young people. The so-called 'drug-free marathon' campaign mobilises tens of thousands of young people to run for a drug-free Hungary and sign the drug-free pledge. Under the disguise of drug prevention, they distribute flyers with the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, identify potential new members, and build partnerships with schools, celebs, sportsmen, businessmen, and politicians.

According to a freedom of information request submitted by the HCLU to the Klebersberg Institute Maintenance Centre (KLIK), a government agency which controls public schools in Hungary, several schools have invited Scientologists to make presentations to schoolchildren about the dangers of drugs.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Tony Ortega now has the story.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/17/on...garcias-fire-back-at-scientologys-bench-memo/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Scientology front groups exposed | The Underground Bunker

A nonprofit watchdog has actually exposed Scientology’s front groups that are trying to infiltrate public schools.
Well, in Hungary, at least.

Peter Bonyai tells us that the Hungarian Civil Liberties Union has done what no one seems to be doing in this country — protect kids in schools from the sneaky way Scientology sends in its anti-drugs and other groups to get L. Ron Hubbard “technology” in classrooms.

It looks like the HCLU has produced a lengthy and thorough report about Narconon, the Foundation for a Drug-Free World and other Scientology fronts. But the report is in Hungarian, so you’ll have to put up with this brief description of the report.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Politics HU: State school agency provides information about Scientology Church activities

http://www.politics.hu/20150217/sta...ormation-about-scientology-church-activities/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

The state agency for schools (KLIK) provides up-to-date information to schools and school districts about the operation and methods of the Scientology Church and their front groups in Hungary, the agency said. Responding to an enquiry by MTI concerning a recent report by the Civil Liberties Union (TASZ) showing that the church had carried out self- promotion campaigns in several schools with state funding under the guise of “drug-prevention” initiatives, the agency insisted that schools are required to screen organisations before hosting such events.

TASZ earlier turned to the agency to find out whether there was any proof of cooperation between organisations close to the Scientology Church and schools. The church organised programs with state funding or in cooperation with the schools, the rights groups said, citing the agency’s documented response.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

ethercat

Cat in flight
Do we have anyone here on ESMB who speaks Hungarian and can help to translate the report found here:
http://drogriporter.hu/files/drogriporter/imce/2015_szcientologusok_vegso_uj.pdf

I'd like to include it on the Formal Reports section of Narconon Reviews, but would like to have a translation of it, and the google translation is not very good.

I have google's translated text as a starting point, if anyone is willing to do this. I'll be happy to give you credit on the site for it, if you like.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Do we have anyone here on ESMB who speaks Hungarian and can help to translate the report found here:
http://drogriporter.hu/files/drogriporter/imce/2015_szcientologusok_vegso_uj.pdf

I'd like to include it on the Formal Reports section of Narconon Reviews, but would like to have a translation of it, and the google translation is not very good.

I have google's translated text as a starting point, if anyone is willing to do this. I'll be happy to give you credit on the site for it, if you like.

Hi ethercat,

Sorry, I can't help you with that, but ESMB user mnql1 often posts translated information from Russian and IIRC other East-European counties. Maybe he can help?