Scientology abuses eBay's VeRO program to practice religious, price discrimination

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
This is great stuff!

One more community (ebayers) who have a fresh level of disgust for the CoS.

This is like a Christmas groundhog day. Except each day it's a new entheta present!

neiljung

Patron with Honors
The VeRO program is ostensibly for sellers who wish to block the sale of such counterfeit goods as, say, fake Prada handbags. However, given that the e-meters being sold on eBay are authentic, it appears the Church is operating outside of VeRO's intended scope, and is thus guilty of, among other things, "price fixing, tortious interference with a contract, misrepresentation, perjury, unfair competition, discriminatory business practices, and religious discrimination."

Exactly.

Zinj

QFT

SabinaM

Patron
This is great stuff!

One more community (ebayers) who have a fresh level of disgust for the CoS.

This is like a Christmas groundhog day. Except each day it's a new entheta present!

Watch out, Santa! OSA has you in their sights!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That could be "time waster" because their listings were removed by CoS. They may be a bucket of ****, but I'll give them them the benefit of the doubt.

I want a good e-meter. That's the bottom line.

The "time-waster" is a seller's comment, not a buyer's one.

If you want a good digital meter, go with Ralph's C-meter. If you want one with a real needle movement etc. I would suggest one of Barry's Ability meters. You could get either one new for less than the likely price of a used Mark VII, and either one reportedly works better than the Mark VII. I would trust the sellers much more too. :)

Paul

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
The "time-waster" is a seller's comment, not a buyer's one.

If you want a good digital meter, go with Ralph's C-meter. If you want one with a real needle movement etc. I would suggest one of Barry's Ability meters. You could get either one new for less than the likely price of a used Mark VII, and either one reportedly works better than the Mark VII. I would trust the sellers much more too. :)

Paul

For a little more than a c-meter, you can get one of Ralph's "ula" meters that will operate digitally and has its own needle movement:

http://www.cmeter.org/ula.html

Or I doubt he would be averse to knocking you up one of his old analogue meters.

Nick

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
For a little more than a c-meter, you can get one of Ralph's "ula" meters that will operate digitally and has its own needle movement:

Or I doubt he would be averse to knocking you up one of his old analogue meters.

Im only looking at this - not really interested except to say this:

If it has a "digital" needle movement, you have to be really careful. Because this is one thing that is very hard to program properly. VU meters (for sound) have the same problems. It takes someone who reaaaallly understands ballistics AND computer programming to get it right.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Im only looking at this - not really interested except to say this:

If it has a "digital" needle movement, you have to be really careful. Because this is one thing that is very hard to program properly. VU meters (for sound) have the same problems. It takes someone who reaaaallly understands ballistics AND computer programming to get it right.

Only because the meter-'Tech' is based on reading meaning into an *undamped* needle in the VU. Mostly that's considered 'bad' in more scientific endeavors. Kind of like seeing sheep entrails is usually a 'bad' sign; for the sheep at least...

Zinj