What's new

Scientology and CCHR attack mental health care for veterans at Memorial Day service

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Tampa Bay Times: Scientology group's flier causes stir at Memorial Day service
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...r-causes-stir-at-memorial-day-service/2181662

Excerpts:
PALM HARBOR — The Citizens Commission on Human Rights presented itself as a group working to help veterans avoid suicide and asked to put inserts in the program for the annual Memorial Day service Monday at a local cemetery.

What the group didn't say was that it has ties to the Church of Scientology, and the fliers reflected the church's opposition to psychiatry by attacking mental health care for veterans and suggesting the federal government is responsible for "psychiatric drugging gone rampant."

The flier upset at least one guest and was inappropriate, said Keenan L. Knopke, the president of Curlew Hills Memory Gardens, the family-owned funeral home, crematory and cemetery at 1750 Curlew Road.

"It takes away from the event itself," Knopke said.

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights provided about 250 inserts, but didn't pay the funeral home anything, he said. About 500 people attended the event, Knopke said.

If he had known the group's background, Knopke said, he wouldn't have allowed the fliers in the program.

"It's become a political statement and viewpoint, and we try to keep our public events non-political in every way, shape and form," he said.
U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis' office contacted him to let him know the group would be reaching out to him, Knopke said. The Bilirakis staffer who contacted him didn't endorse the group, but Knopke said he assumed their materials were appropriate for the occasion since Bilirakis' office had become involved.

"Maybe I assumed some things," Knopke said.

Bilirakis' staff doesn't endorse groups. A veteran affairs liaison in the congressman's office just passed along to the funeral home that the group had asked about well-attended Memorial Day gatherings, said Elizabeth Hittos, a Bilirakis spokeswoman.

"It was certainly not an endorsement," Hittos said.

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Re: Scientology and CCHR attack mental health care for veterans at Memorial Day servi

I hope this really pissed people off in the Clearwater area.

Here is the pic from the article.

original.jpg

FoTi

Crusader
Re: Scientology and CCHR attack mental health care for veterans at Memorial Day servi

I hope this really pissed people off in the Clearwater area.

Here is the pic from the article.

original.jpg

Hell......CCHR/Scientology can't even prevent their own people from committing suicide......what a fu*king farce!!!! :grouch::angry:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Scieno-Scenario: A Scientologist shows up at a Veteran's Day memorial service and starts stuffing event programs with Scientology promo.

VETERAN
Hey! What are you doing there?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Helping veterans to avoid suicide.

VETERAN
How are you doing that exactly?

SCIENTOLOGIST
By promoting L. Ron Hubbard's miraculous Scientology technology.

VETERAN
Really? What is that "technology" supposed to do?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Get rid of the reactive mind--the source
of all insanity. That's why people commit suicide!

VETERAN
So, if I feel suicidal, you can help me?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Absolutely! 100% guaranteed!

VETERAN
Okay, where do I sign up?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh, you can't sign up.

VETERAN
What? Why not?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Because Ron states that people who are
suicidal are illegal PCs and should not be helped.

VETERAN
Huh? I thought you said you had the
technology to help suicidal people. . .

SCIENTOLOGIST
We do! Absolutely! 100% guaranteed!

VETERAN
So, you can help suicidal people
but you won't help them, right?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Right.

VETERAN
So then a suicidal person should not try
to do Scientology but should, instead,
stick with psychiatry, right?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Absolutely not!

VETERAN
Okay, let me see if I've got this straight.
A suicidal person should not seek help from Scientology
and they should not seek help from Psychiatry. Right?

SCIENTOLOGIST
Right!

VETERAN
I don't get it. If I don't get help
I will commit suicide. What
am I supposed to do then?

SCIENTOLOGIST
I already told you.
Apply L. Ron Hubbard's miraculous
Scientology technology.

VETERAN
I see. Well...thanks! I think you really
helped me. I don't feel suicidal any more.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Well done! Do you want to tell me your win?

VETERAN
Sure. My life had no purpose before I met you.
And so I wanted to kill myself. Now I have a real purpose.
To rid the world of the incredibly stupid evil of Scientology.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Hell......CCHR/Scientology can't even prevent their own people from committing suicide......what a fu*king farce!!!! :grouch::angry:

0.jpg

"I'll toast to that!"
-Quentin Hubbard-
OT VII, Class XII, SSS
(Suicided Son of Source)

FoTi

Crusader

Scieno-Scenario: A Scientologist shows up at a Veteran's Day memorial service and starts stuffing event programs with Scientology promo.

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh, you can't sign up.

VETERAN
What? Why not?

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
Right.

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
Absolutely not!

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
Right!

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
I already told you.
Scientology technology.

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

This is the way I saw things handled at Flag......

Scientologist: Have you ever had any suicidal thoughts?

PC: Mmmm.....yes. I slit my wrists once....tried to kill myself.

Scientologist: Anyone who has had suicidal thoughts is an illegal PC....

PC: Donates large amount of money to IAS, pays for L's and rest of OT Levels.

PC: Receives auditing.

PC: Tells me that they are no longer an illegal PC.

I ask how that can be, since PC not only had a thought about committing suicide, but actually slit their wrists and tried to carry it out.

PC: Says.....It wasn't really ME....it wasn't really MY intention.

Me: Huh??? :blink: :wacko:

So....even though this PC had the thought and carried out the action of slitting their own wrists.....it wasn't the PC that did it and it wasn't the PC's intention. :ohmy: :dizzy:

Hmmm.....:hmm: I wonder who was responsible for this happening in the PC's life????? :questions:.....obviously not the PC. :no:

So....the PC is no longer an illegal PC and the PC is donating big time to the coffers of CoS and the IAS, etc. :eyeroll:

What a convenient way for the CoS to handle this problem while retaining their cash cow.

It's amazing what money will handle....in the Church of Scientology.

When LRH said that communication is the universal solvent, I think what he really meant, but didn't really say was....communication with money is the universal solvent.....at least in the CoS. One can talk until they are blue in the face in Scientology and get nowhere, because only money talks in Scientology. No one in Scientology gives a shit about what you have to say.....all they want is your money. The staff in Scientology won't give you the time of day unless you are paying the org for services and for the right to be there. If you aren't a paying customer, they have no time to talk to you....especially at Flag....the "Friendliest Place in the World" (lie, lie, lie).

I guess they were hoping to gain access to the retirement funds of those veterans. Scientologists...the ultimate sleeze bags.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie

There are groups all over the country that reach out trying to help vets. The Stand Down Events, motorcycle events to raise funds & awareness, kayaking groups to help get the vets outside & interested in doing things, bicycle groups, support groups, groups that help with fixing & adapting housing for disabled vets, the list goes on.

What the hell have the sciobots actually DONE to help a vet? Do the give FREE classes? FREE auditing? FREE housing at sciobot locations? FREE transportation to a local VA hospital? Do they cook meals for the homeless vets? Do they provide assistance while the returning vets are looking for work?

NO! They just say how evil something else is... what a crock.

Come to think of it I only personally know of one vet that was a sciobot. I am sure there are more - but I did not know of them per say when I was in. Back when dinosaurs ruled the world.... my friend was a Nam vet.

What about you guys - have you ever seen or verified sciobots as an organization helping vets??

:duh:

FoTi

Crusader

There are groups all over the country that reach out trying to help vets. The Stand Down Events, motorcycle events to raise funds & awareness, kayaking groups to help get the vets outside & interested in doing things, bicycle groups, support groups, groups that help with fixing & adapting housing for disabled vets, the list goes on.

What the hell have the sciobots actually DONE to help a vet? Do the give FREE classes? FREE auditing? FREE housing at sciobot locations? FREE transportation to a local VA hospital? Do they cook meals for the homeless vets? Do they provide assistance while the returning vets are looking for work?

NO! They just say how evil something else is... what a crock.

Come to think of it I only personally know of one vet that was a sciobot. I am sure there are more - but I did not know of them per say when I was in. Back when dinosaurs ruled the world.... my friend was a Nam vet.

What about you guys - have you ever seen or verified sciobots as an organization helping vets??

:duh:

:no:

The_Fixer

Class Clown

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh, you can't sign up.

VETERAN
What? Why not?

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
Right.

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
Absolutely not!

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
Right!

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST
I already told you.
Scientology technology.

VETERAN

SCIENTOLOGIST

VETERAN

I couldn't laugh at this, because it is so true and it really points out the truth of the tragedy of scientology in a nutshell.

An excellent post Hoaxy!

This is the way I saw things handled at Flag......

Scientologist: Have you ever had any suicidal thoughts?

PC: Mmmm.....yes. I slit my wrists once....tried to kill myself.

Scientologist: Anyone who has had suicidal thoughts is an illegal PC....

PC: Donates large amount of money to IAS, pays for L's and rest of OT Levels.

PC: Receives auditing.

PC: Tells me that they are no longer an illegal PC.

I ask how that can be, since PC not only had a thought about committing suicide, but actually slit their wrists and tried to carry it out.

PC: Says.....It wasn't really ME....it wasn't really MY intention.

Me: Huh??? :blink: :wacko:

So....even though this PC had the thought and carried out the action of slitting their own wrists.....it wasn't the PC that did it and it wasn't the PC's intention. :ohmy: :dizzy:

Hmmm.....:hmm: I wonder who was responsible for this happening in the PC's life????? :questions:.....obviously not the PC. :no:

So....the PC is no longer an illegal PC and the PC is donating big time to the coffers of CoS and the IAS, etc. :eyeroll:

What a convenient way for the CoS to handle this problem while retaining their cash cow.

It's amazing what money will handle....in the Church of Scientology.

When LRH said that communication is the universal solvent, I think what he really meant, but didn't really say was....communication with money is the universal solvent.....at least in the CoS. One can talk until they are blue in the face in Scientology and get nowhere, because only money talks in Scientology. No one in Scientology gives a shit about what you have to say.....all they want is your money. The staff in Scientology won't give you the time of day unless you are paying the org for services and for the right to be there. If you aren't a paying customer, they have no time to talk to you....especially at Flag....the "Friendliest Place in the World" (lie, lie, lie).

I guess they were hoping to gain access to the retirement funds of those veterans. Scientologists...the ultimate sleeze bags.

You got that right FoTi.