What's new

Scientology and Hypnotism — Even some ex-members can’t admit its central role

Gib

Crusader
No, it would have been the beginning of a flame war had I responded. And anyone who would seriously ask what I mean by this person doesn't like that one would have to have never been on this board or any board more than five seconds in any event.

I do not have to answer all questions. No one here answers all questions.

I am not going to back down on this. You can nag and hector and harass all you like; it will avail you nothing.

Let me know when you decide to get the bees out of your bonnet, dump the pet peeves, stop trying to make others do what you think they should do and actually have a real discussion.

Frankly, I'm not holding my breath.

we ain't having a flame war, there is no profanity being used, aye.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
we ain't having a flame war, there is no profanity being used, aye.

I said there would have been one. I trust you're familiar with the conditional tense. If not, you may want to rectify that lack.

I am positive because it's gone down that way a number of times before. There've been many times people have asked things like that, only to have the granddaddy of all flame wars erupt when they get detailed answers with examples. She wants examples of whom doesn't like somebody else? Oh please. Pull the other one.

In any event, I can and will answer whatever I please. Just like everyone else here.

I will knuckle into your everlasting nagging and hectoring about sixty million years after hell freezes over for the 87 billionth time. I have absolutely NO responsibility to you.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Gib , I do not consider not interacting with particular people for particular reasons having blinders on .

You could have a born again Christian who you work with every day try to convert you and have a right to say you do not want to keep talking to them and not have blinders on .

Actually the phrase is used as an ambiguity fallacy to me here .

have blinders on to not be able to recognize or accept what is happening around you I don't know why I thought he was innocent - I guess I had blinders on. Usage notes: sometimes used in the form put blinders on (to refuse to accept something): They put blinders on because they found it easier to ignore her behavior than to do something about it.

I think I can recognize if I choose to not talk to one person that is what is going on and I accept it .

You are free to talk to anyone you want .

I have an agenda like many others ( whether they say or realize it or not ) and am allowed to add to ignore if it serves my agenda better than not using it .

I am not interested in getting into a bunch of insults with folks and can proceed in a different manner regarding how to handle certain situations .

I am not perfect and could in error do anything I do .

I hope people will respect my right to interact with who I choose to when I choose to .

I will try to respect their right .

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Emphasis mine.

Gib , I do not consider not interacting with particular people for particular reasons having blinders on .

You could have a born again Christian who you work with every day try to convert you and have a right to say you do not want to keep talking to them and not have blinders on .

Actually the phrase is used as an ambiguity fallacy to me here .

have blinders on to not be able to recognize or accept what is happening around you I don't know why I thought he was innocent - I guess I had blinders on. Usage notes: sometimes used in the form put blinders on (to refuse to accept something): They put blinders on because they found it easier to ignore her behavior than to do something about it.

I think I can recognize if I choose to not talk to one person that is what is going on and I accept it .

You are free to talk to anyone you want .

I have an agenda like many others ( whether they say or realize it or not ) and am allowed to add to ignore if it serves my agenda better than not using it .

I am not interested in getting into a bunch of insults with folks and can proceed in a different manner regarding how to handle certain situations .

I am not perfect and could in error do anything I do .

I hope people will respect my right to interact with who I choose to when I choose to .

I will try to respect their right .

Yep, most of us do have an agenda and it's to "Meet other exes. Share our experiences and ... Reunite with old friends".

We yell and shout now and again but overall don't seem to take things (including ourselves) too seriously.

When you put someone on "ignore" you don't need to tell us anything about it (it's insulting to the person on the receiving end and acts like the dreaded ad hom). You can just quietly add as many of us as you like and no-one need know.

:happydance:

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well , I told you I was trouble - Gib was pointing out something to me and I did not want him to not understand why I did not have or want certain info .

I did not want to seem to insult him .

If I put someone on add to ignore and then others refer back to them it can ALSO be a difficulty as I do not know WHAT they are referring to !

That is it and I wanted to point out I am allowed to do it !

I am not trying to be insulting or leave out a simple fact that will explain WHY I do not even KNOW what some posts are .

I can just move to another thread now and let this one...whatever .

Gib

Crusader
Well , I told you I was trouble - Gib was pointing out something to me and I did not want him to not understand why I did not have or want certain info .

I did not want to seem to insult him .

If I put someone on add to ignore and then others refer back to them it can ALSO be a difficulty as I do not know WHAT they are referring to !

That is it and I wanted to point out I am allowed to do it !

I am not trying to be insulting or leave out a simple fact that will explain WHY I do not even KNOW what some posts are .

I can just move to another thread now and let this one...whatever .

Bob Blinder was not intended for you, Mockingbird. :no:

Maybe I should not have used HH's Bob Blinder pic, but I just love it because it is a perfect picture & words of

"Scientology and Hypnotism"