What's new

Scientology and North Korea

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Have you noticed the startling similarity between the Scientology cult and North Korea ?

The North Korean people are brainwashed into believing they are on the side of right.

They have an aggressive military to back them up

They are led by a diminutive despot

And Scientology ?

Adiren

Patron
Have you noticed the startling similarity between the Scientology cult and North Korea ?

The North Korean people are brainwashed into believing they are on the side of right.

And Scientology ?

I don't know enough about north Korean politics or Scientology in order to respond.
But I find a very close proximity between north korea and certain political movements in the USA, namely those that wish for the frontiers to close, the immigrants to be expelled, the security to be enhanced (as if a WWIII was at the door), the people being armed to the teeth, etc.

If one searches the net, there are plenty little korean like americans, although they don't admit it.
When I used to watch the Fox News, I almost felt I was in another planet - especially with Hannity, O'Reilly and the gone Glen Beck. If that is not brainwashing I don't know what it is.

On the other hand you have guys like Alex Jones or Michael Moore that find conspiracies everywhere - another type of brainwash, i.m.o.

smartone

My Own Boss
I feel sorry for those poor buggers in North Korea. They don't know any different. According to them, America keeps threatening to blow them all up (lies of course). We all know that North Korea are the ones who keep threatening America.

I watched BBC Panorama's programme last week called "Inside North Korea". John Sweeney went there recently with some London School of Economics students and secretly filmed the place and showed how people are so hungry that they have become cannibals and the horrendous gulags full of "dissidents".

It does remind you of Scientology because the people are so afraid to speak against their leader. Even families will rat on each other.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Though there are parallels in some of the control mechanisms, the system comparison is apples and bananas to me. That Hubbard stole, used, and manipulated materials on how one should live their life/lives, and be such a fucking fruit-bat, and be believed, still confuses me :p
Korea, interesting history. NK is to me but a pale shadow of a world ruled by Hubbard's massive construct.
If you didn't accept the way it should be, then you're gonna be filtered? Hm.
Run-the-fuck-away!

:dance3: :dance3:

:cheers:

Carcassed

Patron

And Scientology ?
So what's the point with this thread? To differ/similarise(spell check) scientology and north korea? But anyway, two repressive sides: A cult and a regime.

Since this is my first post, i'm still trying to get used to this. In general, i think that many cult leaders regardless of cults have in some way been inspired by dictators more or less. The similarities i made between Scientology and each regimes like North Korea, Stalin's USSR and Nazi Germany is this. Scientology vs North Korea similarities: You're not allowed to leave, LRH is to Scientology what Kim Il Sung is to North korea. Even though Kim Il Sung is dead since 1994, he's still considered as president there. Scientology vs USSR: LRH's Guardians office (later OSA) is similar to Stalin's NKVD. You know, the law enforcement agency of the Soviet Union that directly executed the rule of power of the All Union Communist Party It was closely associated with the Soviet secret police which at times was part of the agency and is known for its political repression, during the era of Joseph Stalin. The last similarisation I'll made will be Scientology vs Nazi Germany. Or at least Miscavige vs Hitler. Of course Hitler leads in general cruelty but I'm talking about their way to hold their speech. Both prefer/prefered to speak to a cheering crowd. A speech followed by hysterical cheerings. I'ts like a cult of personality around him. That made me wonder if Miscavige is trying to create the forth reich. A short difference also, but really huge is prison camps. Before I begin to compare this, I want to make clear that this is a extreamly sensitive subject. It's not my intention to offend anyone who have been, had or have any friends, family members or siblings held at goldbase, RPF etc and I have the fullest respect of you and what you've expericed there. If anyone gets offended, then you have my deepest apology. But I recommend that you read the following at your own risk. The conditions in RPF's and goldbase is not as cruel as North korean prison camps. For an example: If prisoners tries to escape NK camps they get shot or hanged, both of them always in public execution. The same if they see anyone trying to escape or hear anyone discussing escape plans and don't immediately report to the camp guards. That's not happening at rpf and gold. No public executions, no extreme mass starvations and no electric fences that fries escapers from the inside and out. Not that I mean it's ok in RPF and gold but i think it's wrong to call RPF, and gold base for concentration camps.

Last edited:

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
For those respondents who seem to be getting a little bent out of shape over this thread,

Are you familiar with the term " Tongue in cheek" ?
:whistling:

purple haze

Patron with Honors
For those respondents who seem to be getting a little bent out of shape over this thread,

Are you familiar with the term " Tongue in cheek" ?
:whistling:

Thanks, Dart. :thumbsup:
Knowing you personally clued me instantly in to your intent, but I'm grateful for your clarifying it for others.
Must be that famous British humor.
:coolwink:

Last edited: