What's new

Scientology and the Aftermath Coming Back for Season Three!!

triumph

Silver Meritorious Patron
Pop Culture

Leah Remini Shades Father in Tribute to Husband Angelo Pagan: 'Daddy to Our Daughter I Wish I Had'

By Daniel S. Levine - June 17, 2018

Leah Remini threw shade at her estranged father in a Father's Day tweet, in which she thanked husband Angelo Pagan for being the "daddy to our daughter that I wish I had."
"[Happy Father's Day] to my honey [Angelo Pagan]," the Kevin Can Wait star wrote. "You have been the daddy to our daughter that I wish I had. Thank you for showing her what love is."

#HappyFathersDay to my honey @apangelo. You have been the daddy to our daughter that I wish I had.
Thank you for showing her what love is. pic.twitter.com/Y5L5t5yEZ3

snippet:
Last year, Scientology enlisted George to appear in a video denouncing Remini's A&E series, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath after the series was renewed for a second season. Remini previously wrote about her father, who is not a Scientologist, in her book Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology. In the book, she wrote, "My dad sold cocaine (and committed various other crimes), and then served time at Rikers Island," reports Tony Ortega

more@link
http://popculture.com/celebrity/201...hades-father-tribute-to-husband-angelo-pagan/

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From Deadline.com

Leah Remini Sees Shift In Questioning Scientology Since Start Of A&E Series – The Contenders Emmys Video
https://deadline.com/video/leah-rem...interview-mike-rinder-contenders-emmys-video/

There's a short, but very good video interview at the above link with Leah and Mike.

Excerpt:
In Season 3, Remini says the focus of the series is the shift to what will happen when the authorities become involved.

She urged congressman, senators, police officers, and the FBI to prepare themselves for what the pair says will be uncovered.

:drama:

From Deadline.com:

A&E Renews Leah Remini’s Scientology Series & Orders 4 New Shows As Network Hits Milestone In Ratings Comeback
http://deadline.com/2018/03/leah-remini-scientology-series-renewed-ae-new-shows-slate-1202337569/

Excerpt:

As for what the new season would be about, “I would say it’s certainly staying within Scientology, and I think there’s hope that there can be a little bit more action that can be taken, that it’s a little bit more active. That’s probably all I should say at this point,” Frontain Bryant said.

[Note: Elaine Frontain Bryant, is A&E’s EVP and head of programming]
Has anyone heard when they will be announcing a release date? I've heard August 15th... but just a rumor. No confirmation from any source.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
[bcolor=#ffffff]Leah Remini on the cover of the newest Variety Magazine promoting the new season of the Aftermath which starts on August 15th.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]So much for all the Cult programs to try to get it shut down. Losers ![/bcolor]
[bcolor=#ffffff]
Leah.Variety.cover.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]See the sequential issues of Variety here.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=#ffffff]Its the latest issue of Variety.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]https://variety.com/access-digital/[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]Leah Remini on the cover of the newest Variety Magazine promoting the new season of the Aftermath which starts on August 15th.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]So much for all the Cult programs to try to get it shut down. Losers ![/bcolor]
[bcolor=#ffffff]
Leah.Variety.cover.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]See the sequential issues of Variety here.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=#ffffff]Its the latest issue of Variety.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=#ffffff]https://variety.com/access-digital/[/bcolor]
Hey Karen-
Does the inside of Variety actually say the 15th? Thx.

Scientology the Aftermath will not be premiering on August 15. Born this Way and Raising Tourettes will have new episodes that day as shown in A&E and the TV Guide.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180801-040406.jpg
    Screenshot_20180801-040406.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20180801-040339.jpg
    Screenshot_20180801-040339.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 3

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Sunset Boulevard is arguably THE most traveled street in Los Angeles. It is a major artery with 1000s of cars on it at any given time. It cuts through Los Angeles East to West all the way to the Pacific Ocean, sometimes traffic is at a crawl due to the sheer amount of traffic. And right up on a prominent part of Sunset Boulevard is Leah. (just happened.)
This photo was shot by Mike Rinder.
leah.sunset.blvd.jpg

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Sunset Boulevard is arguably THE most traveled street in Los Angeles. It is a major artery with 1000s of cars on it at any given time. It cuts through Los Angeles East to West all the way to the Pacific Ocean, sometimes traffic is at a crawl due to the sheer amount of traffic. And right up on a prominent part of Sunset Boulevard is Leah. (just happened.)
This photo was shot by Mike Rinder.
leah.sunset.blvd.jpg
Sunset and Havenhurst. Very nice location:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.097...322.24667&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 6.00.38 PM.jpg

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks but the son said he made this all up about his father ...then said he didnt then recanted. What actually happened?
Bent Corydon, former ED of the Mission of Riverside, who wrote "L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman," talks about LRH Jr. recanting here, at about 05:00.

JustSheila

Crusader
Can anyone please tell me re the hate crimes that are being done against cos and are being claimed by cos as a direct result of leah's aftermath show. I have someone (a scn) telling me her show is causing religious hate etc - I do know that one of the hate crimes perpetrator was on her show and was actually the subject of disconnection from his brother and he just lost it when he got the disconnection letter. But this scn is saying there are 6 hate crimes and when i look online the church is saying there are hundreds of hate crimes against them now. I would like to really find out the truth if anyone knows?!
The truth is the Church of Scientology is full of shit and creates drama because the cult wants the show shut down so it can go on scamming people and ruining their lives for profit.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can anyone please tell me re the hate crimes that are being done against cos and are being claimed by cos as a direct result of leah's aftermath show. I have someone (a scn) telling me her show is causing religious hate etc - I do know that one of the hate crimes perpetrator was on her show and was actually the subject of disconnection from his brother and he just lost it when he got the disconnection letter. But this scn is saying there are 6 hate crimes and when i look online the church is saying there are hundreds of hate crimes against them now. I would like to really find out the truth if anyone knows?!
They just make it up. The average scientologist believes everything the cos tells them so they believe they are being persecuted. Scientology management will do and say anything to protect the cos. If you assume that everything they say is a lie then you'll be right more often than you are wrong.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
In the 1970s, Scientology made the same claim of "hate crimes" being committed by a journalist called Paulette Cooper against their religion. After she wrote a book about Scientology, they claimed that she had made a written bomb threat against one of their organisations. The bomb threat even had her fingerprints on the paper.

Unfortunately, as was subsequently discovered as a result of an FBI raid on the Church (investigating crimes that the CHURCH had committed against the IRS and other government agencies), the bomb threat was manufactured by the CHURCH, who obtained Paulette Cooper's fingerprints with the help of the man whom she ASSUMED was her boyfriend, but was actually someone from the Church of Scientology, planted into her life with the object of (per Scientology policy) 'ruining her utterly'.

The above is an early instance of the lengths to which Scientology will go to "dead agent" (i.e. discredit) people who criticise it. Their policies on this haven't changed much since the 1970s. According to the Church of Scientology, ANYONE who criticises it is BY DEFINITION a degraded being, suppressive person, or at the very least a Potential Trouble Source, being influenced and misguided by a suppressive person. Knowing that, you should realise that when the church invokes 'religious hatred' (as it did in the Paulette Cooper case), it is merely employing a tool in its arsenal to try to neutralise the effect of a critic.

Of course, the best way for the church to neutralise its critics would be to follow the precepts of its own booklet, 'The Way to Happiness'. Clean hands make happy living, and if the church relinquished its business model of fleece-and-shun, and replaced it with something that involved actually delivering value to its parishioners, then most of the so-called 'hate crimes' against it (which just means someone daring to point out the way it treats its parishioners and others) would disappear.

Scientologists pride themselves on being able to spot the true source or cause of anything. The claim by your church friend that Leah Remini's show is causing 'religious hate' misses the point. Whether Leah's show causes some viewers to become indignant at the Church is of secondary importance to what Leah's show is actually depicting. Leah's show illustrates the appalling way in which the Church of Scientology treats both its own parishioners and those who dare to leave and speak out against it. The most relevant point is not "Is Leah's show causing 'religious hatred'?" The most important point is "Are the stories told on Leah's show TRUE?"

Don't allow your attention to be misdirected away from the real questions. If anyone leaves Scientology and criticises it, you should be asking yourself whether their claims are true. The 'religious hatred' claim is a misdirector.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
When I was in Scientology, the number one Suppressive Person in the UK was Jon Atack. All Jon did was, after getting up into OT V and realising that it hadn't delivered to him the gains that he had been promised, he left and, eventually, wrote a very comprehensive and well-researched book about Scientology, called "A Piece of Blue Sky" (which is available again now). The church harassed him and bankrupted him. A friend of mine at St. Hill narrated to me how he, at the request of the church, knocked on Jon Atack's door and asked him "why are you attacking my religion?". He told me that others had been asked to do the same.

I didn't know Jon Atack. But, nevertheless, I knew his name and I knew his face, and I had been taught to believe that he was an evil person who was, because of his own crimes and evil purposes, attacking mankind's only hope for spiritual salvation. That is the mindset that is instilled in members.

When I was later declared an SP myself (for looking at the OT levels on the internet, and showing them to others), I was sent a letter, on a golden-coloured piece of paper, stating that I was a Suppressive Person. A copy of the same piece of paper would have gone up on the wall in my local org, announcing to everyone in the org that I was an SP. What the SP declare didn't mention is the the fact that, at the age of 21, I was tens of thousands of pounds in debt as a result of Scientology registrars persuading me that getting loans and credit card debts to pay for Scientology was OK, because Scientology was more important than the so-called 'wog world'.

When I got into Scientology, at the age of 17, I was solvent and had savings. By the time I left, my finances were in a mess, and it would take several years for me to repair them. But that was OK, because I was on the way to spiritual salvation. I was lucky that I got into Scientology when I only had a few thousand pounds in my bank account and, because of my age, only limited ability to borrow. In the end, I borrowed AS MUCH AS I POSSIBLY COULD to pay into the Church of Scientology. I even had a registrar come to my house and ask St. Hill to repeatedly take another £1000 out of my credit card account, until the last transaction was finally refused. He didn't have to explain this in detail to the person at St. Hill on the other end of the phone - they knew what he meant when he said "see how much you can put on his card".

I shudder to think what would have happened had I got into Scientology in my forties or fifties, as some people do, with money in the bank, a house, and investments. Can you imagine going from being solvent, owning your own home and having savings and income, to being penniless, living in rented accommodation, and having no savings or even income? This happened to a friend of mine. As far as I know, he is still trying to 'get to OTIII' before he 'drops his body', having sold his house, depleted his savings, and had to work long hours just to pay for the rest of his Bridge. He has been sent back to square one ("we have determined that you are not Clear") numerous times.

So I don't think that the claim "people are committing hate crimes against Scientology" is credible. Most people who join Scientology leave quietly and say nothing. This is what the church management hopes for. Some, however, are so indignant at the loss they have suffered, and in some cases have nothing to lose, having wasted three or four decades of their lives in the church. So they criticise or protest the church, or even write a book about it. This is not "religious hate crime". It's a justified reaction to having been scammed.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
When people like Jon Atack, who was actually a Scientologist and concluded he'd been scammed, write a book, it is an understandable reaction to their having been scammed: they want others to know what happened to them, so they don't fall into the same trap. But even academics and outside observers, such as Roy Wallis in the 1970s, have been brave enough to write about Scientology. Wallis' book "The Road to Total Freedom: A Sociological Analysis of Scientology" came out of his PhD research into Scientology. I read it, and I thought it was a fair, and not particularly critical, discussion of the Church of Scientology and its practices. After he published it, the church sent plants into his lectures at Stirling University to foment discord among his students, and sent a homosexual love letter purporting to be from Wallis to his boss.

Wallis, it seems, was also guilty of 'religious hate crimes'. The underhanded retaliation of the Church to his book, on the other hand, was presumably totally legitimate and justified in the eyes of the church. Wallis later committed suicide. I do not know whether his suicide was related to Scientology harassment. Presumably the church would say that he committed suicide because he realised that he had been attacking mankind's only hope for spiritual freedom.

This is an example of the confirmation bias that is systematically installed into the minds of adherents of Scientology. If you do well in life whilst in Scientology, it is because of Scientology. If you do badly, it is because of your own overts and withholds. If a person criticises Scientology or leaves the church and then subsequently fails in some way, it is because they are an enemy of mankind, reaping the karmic consequences of their attacks on Scientology. Of course, the Scientology machine does its best to ENSURE that prominent critics fail in their lives. All for the greatest good, mind you.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I didn't know Jon Atack. But, nevertheless, I knew his name and I knew his face, and I had been taught to believe that he was an evil person who was, because of his own crimes and evil purposes, attacking mankind's only hope for spiritual salvation. That is the mindset that is instilled in members.
Upon reading this section I recalled an earlier similar incident...of MINE. (well, not sure if it's actually earlier. )

But I was taught to believe that certain people were some of the most evil beings in the universe, amongst them, Paulette Cooper and Michael Flynn.

Flynn's crimes included being an attorney who represented litigants against the CoS and speaking the truth about Scientology during the hearings in Clearwater back in the early 80's.

Contrary to what Hubbard wrote in policy, the highest crimes one can commit in this universe from the Scientology perspective are using one's rights of free speech to publicly tell the truth about the criminal nature of the Scientology organizations. And Cooper and Flynn are guilty of that.

Scientology continuously uses the First Amendment rights given to religious organizations here in the U.S. to defend itself from those who object to it's criminal activity, yet it respects no one else's First Amendment rights to free speech, but instead seeks to silence and/or destroy those individuals.

Last edited: