What's new

Scientology as a multi-level game

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Go to Ethics! Go directly to Ethics! Do not pass The Basics. Do not collect your FSM Commissions!

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
ClamSource, help me here.

I got curious.

Let's say daltonic (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/daltonic) sees things in backward colors, what do we need to say:
1. He doesn't see a reality.
2. He sees a reality unlike we.
3. His reality is different from the one we have.

Which one is good? (for all of us?)

P.S. What is he runs a red light? - Should we forgive him or what?

Their experience of reality is different. Doesn't change the reality that he ran a red light. People who are red/green colour blind watch for whether the light at the top or bottom is on.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
scientopoly18hu.jpg

^ Taken from the culthelp.info website

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
"The Freezone Role Playing Game is an open source port of the original Church of Scientology MUD - Multi User Dungeon. The objective is to proceed through increasingly intense levels of pretending to know best, whilst experiencing deeper and deeper levels of indignation and self-righteousness. Concern has been expressed recently after it has come to light that many players have forgotten that it is just a game, and have actually come to believe that they really do know best, and that their constant feelings of indignation are a response to some event in the real world. The ultimate goal of the game is to eradicate all other viewpoints, and destroy the playing field itself - ie The Freezone. Player dropout is very rare, having occurred in only two instances, when players found a girlfriend and left to have sex. This is such a rare occurrence that it presents no threat to the continued existence of the game."

--- Re-post from another thread.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Sorry, Smilla, you know I really like you and your sense of snow (joke I've been DYING to use for ages now) but I think that the comment about the FZ is untrue and not very nice.

Everyone who professes an ideology does so cuz they think they know something. In my experience, there are a lot of know bests amongst those who criticize FZers for being FZers. I tend to view that differently from the phenomenon of those who critique (the actions of) doing Scn outside CofS.

But, ehhhh, that and about four bux will get ya a latte at Starbucks...

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Sorry, Smilla, you know I really like you and your sense of snow (joke I've been DYING to use for ages now) but I think that the comment about the FZ is untrue and not very nice.

Everyone who professes an ideology does so cuz they think they know something. In my experience, there are a lot of know bests amongst those who criticize FZers for being FZers. I tend to view that differently from the phenomenon of those who critique (the actions of) doing Scn outside CofS.

But, ehhhh, that and about four bux will get ya a latte at Starbucks...

It's satire VC, and as such, doesn't have to be true

Satire:

"The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues."