What's new

Scientology Bait & Switch, part II

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Nothing personal but it's a sore subject and gets me grumbling for whatever reason.

I don't know why it does. That grumbling was the begining of the end. And out of it came the best things that could ever happen to me (starting and raising a family).

So while I grumble, I smile.

I don't know that I have anything else to add to this thread.

But this:

Every 6 months or so there would be something else about Clear and the Clear cog that we would all have to get corrected on and recheck cases to make sure they made it. I am not trying to negate what you say, but unless you were on lines 15 minutes ago and got a new star-rate and word clearing on the bulletin yet again, then you don't know what you are talking about. That's how it goes in the cult of never-ending changing standard tech!!!

The information I wrote above is as of 2004.
Oh, believe me, I understand. I went through the ever-changing Delivery routine.
I stopped doing these auditing cycles around the same time, so we're on the same page.

My all-time favorite CCRD cycle was a lovely Japanese guy whose Success Announcement included his enthusiastic statement, "I'm so happy to be Queer!" :)

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
This discussion about the state of Clear reminds me of a guy at my local org. He was a trained auditor but hadn't received much auditing so he was still at the bottom of the Bridge.

I was a member of public but I was a trained C/S and I knew this guy was figure-figuring about his case and he wouldn't get anywhere unless he stopped doing it.

One day he told me he thought he was Clear, even though he'd had virtually no auditing. It was none of my business so I didn't think any more about it. I just assumed the org would handle him. However, a few months later I heard he'd been sent to the Advanced Org for a CCRD and he passed it.

So this guy was now acknowledged in our org as a Clear, even though he'd had almost no auditing.

About a year later I was talking to him and he told me he didn't think he was Clear. He thought he'd falsely attested to Clear. Well, again I just left him to get handled by the org and soon after that I left Scientology.

Years later I was walking along the street and I met this guy shuffling along the road like a tramp. I asked him if he was still in Scientology and he said he'd left a few years after me. Apparently, after deciding he was no longer Clear he then had the realization that he was a Theta Clear! I think there are a few definitions of Theta Clear but to him it meant he was Clear on the whole track.

So initially he'd decided he was Clear, which meant he wouldn't need to receive any auditing up to Clear and now he decided he was Theta Clear so he wouldn't need any OT levels either!

Like I said before, this guy was just figure-figuring on his case and should have been told to knock it off but the org didn't handle him correctly. They just refused to allow him to attest to Theta Clear so he left Scientology.

I asked him what he did next and he said he went to see a psychiatrist who gave him Prozac!

But, he said to me in a conspiratorial tone, "the Prozac didn't work.". I asked why not and he said because it works on the reactive mind and he didn't have one because he was Clear.

I just acknowledged him and walked away.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Thank you ThetanExterior. Curious what year that was.

Back in the late 80's or early 90's there was an LRH reference found about undeclared states of Release and when someone had achieved a particular state, to acknowledge it, that person should attest to it at the examiner. People were attesting to all kinds of strange crap. Cleared Theta Clear was one of the main ones.

You could not attest to any Grade Chart level willy-nilly like that, but anything you wanted to make up (or find randomly in the technical dictionary), you could have at it.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you ThetanExterior. Curious what year that was.

Back in the late 80's or early 90's there was an LRH reference found about undeclared states of Release and when someone had achieved a particular state, to acknowledge it, that person should attest to it at the examiner. People were attesting to all kinds of strange crap. Cleared Theta Clear was one of the main ones.

You could not attest to any Grade Chart level willy-nilly like that, but anything you wanted to make up (or find randomly in the technical dictionary), you could have at it.

I left in late 90's, which is when he attested to Clear, but I don't know when his Theta Clear cog was, sometime around late 90's/early 2000's.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: Switcheroo!

A "Scientology tech person," reading that, might think re. the "Clear cog":

"But I erased a lot of engrams and secondary engrams and then became a keyed out Clear, and LRH [circa 1978] says that Keyed out Clear is Clear. Plus the 'mocking up my own reactive mind' part occurs after fabulous Dianetics has erased all the 'keyed in' mental image picture case and, then, the person realizes that, to run any more Dianetics, it becomes necessary to mock up that reactive mind. Thus the person - brought to keyed out Clear with Dianetics - then, cognites that he's mocking up his reactive mind, since he's already - thru Dianetics - erased all the 'keyed in' parts and, for any to be there, he must mock it up."

-snip-

The OT Cog: "I am mocking up my own BTs".

-snip-

Is that an actual "EP" Cog of NOTs?

Some people, leaving the CofS, might have that realization, but I don't recall that as being a cog that a CofS Scientology "OT" would have.

What is the "cog" expected from a NOTs completion in the CofS?

In any event, the "cogs" which lead a person out of the CofS, and then out of 'Scientology outside the CofS', are the ones that count. :)

The "mocking up my own BTs" is not any COS cog/EP that I have ever heard of. In fact, it would be rather blasphemous to infer that Hubbard ran Scientolgists on 36 [STRIKE]days[/STRIKE] years worth of false pictures in an Incident-II-like implant, wouldn't it? LOL

As far as the NOTs "cog", never heard of that either. When it first came out there was a Hubbard HCOB that contained a reference to how the Pre-OT's body will become transparent (to the Pre-OT) when they have cleaned house of BTs. I seem to recall that reference faded away as the pre-eminent EP--or possible it was even removed from the pack--does anyone remember?

As far as I know, the EP of OT VII was "Cause Over Life" without any particular "NOTS COG" that had to accompany it. The inference was that all BTs were gone--much like they were "gone" after OT III, LOLOLOLOL.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Thank's everyone for this very much enlightening thread.

Special thank'sfor Bea's Tech informations - very much interesting to know now! (easy to grasp the way she puts the situation\tech info)
(I did not realize you were tech trained - I like the way you bring light with your perspective.

These discussions where everyone contribute with purpose of sharing what was happening then,
becomes very much reliable information and helps to connect dots.

Thank's very much!
:thumbsup:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Re: Switcheroo!

The "mocking up my own BTs" is not any COS cog/EP that I have ever heard of. In fact, it would be rather blasphemous to infer that Hubbard ran Scientolgists on 36 [STRIKE]days[/STRIKE] years worth of false pictures in an Incident-II-like implant, wouldn't it? LOL

As far as the NOTs "cog", never heard of that either. When it first came out there was a Hubbard HCOB that contained a reference to how the Pre-OT's body will become transparent (to the Pre-OT) when they have cleaned house of BTs. I seem to recall that reference faded away as the pre-eminent EP--or possible it was even removed from the pack--does anyone remember?

As far as I know, the EP of OT VII was "Cause Over Life" without any particular "NOTS COG" that had to accompany it. The inference was that all BTs were gone--much like they were "gone" after OT III, LOLOLOLOL.
Additionally, "Are you just mocking up BTs?" is a line from an OT Correction List and is addressed and handled as an error/outpoint in OT Review.

The actual EP attested to is "No more PT (Present Time) BTs." (The Auditor first clears the definition of PT/present time.) It may have changed recently.

The "I mocked up my BTs" as an EP is misinformation, just as the "I mocked up my Past Lives" idea about the EP of New OT8 is misinformation except for a very odd thing... in a strange, roundabout way, these ideas are also kinda true... as long as they're true for you, that is! LOL

Gib

Crusader
After the absurd amount money that is paid to the cult in order to go "Clear", the Clear Cog should rightfully be:

"I am mucking up my own bank (account)"

I believe it should go like this, if one were to break it down.

Each level of the Bridge to Total Freedom has a stated EP. So each level is a goal. Or you might say a self-affirmation or self hypnosis to obtain. Afterall, one paid money, exchange, for all the auditing hours received and trained.

But, each level is a evaluation of what is wrong with a person. Although the auditor doesn't evaluate the PC's (person) answers to the question or realizations.

But, the very first evaluation is that such a state of "clear" exists

and is sold by Hubbard in Dianetics. Along with his ideas of what a "clear" should be, as far as attributes are concerned. LOL

and hubbard constantly is selling us on the state of "clear" and then "OT" throughout his books & lectures.

All turn out to be self affirmations, although outside the scientology world no state exists. LOL

And now DM is trying to correct the impossible. :laugh:

Isene

Patron with Honors

Exactly.

I will add this (from a comment I made on my blog):

I think Miscavige knows that Scientology ethics, tech and policy all have fundamental and critical flaws. At the same time he is adamant at trying to make Hubbard’s dream come true. He will try to fix it anyway he can. But he can’t, because the flaws are deeper than he thinks and he will never get to the root of it if he is to abide at least somewhat to KSW. Yes, he is stretching it and gets a lot of flak by the independents for it. But since no independents are able to demonstrate that Scientology done straight by the book can accomplish the dream of Hubbard, I think the rap dished out to Miscavige is largely unfair.

Isene

Patron with Honors

Exactly.

I think Miscavige knows that Scientology ethics, tech and policy all have fundamental and critical flaws. At the same time he is adamant at trying to make Hubbard’s dream come true. He will try to fix it anyway he can. But he can’t, because the flaws are deeper than he thinks and he will never get to the root of it if he is to abide at least somewhat to KSW. Yes, he is stretching it and gets a lot of flak by the independents for it. But since no independents are able to demonstrate that Scientology done straight by the book can accomplish the dream of Hubbard, I think the rap dished out to Miscavige is largely unfair.

Exactly.

Poor old Dave. :confused2: