What's new

Scientology Books and Media receives a Takedown Notice from the Church of Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology Books and Media receives a Takedown Notice from the Church of Scientology.

Scientology Books and Media: A Takedown Notice from the Church of Scientology Removes its *Own* Doctrines from this Blog

https://scicrit.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/4834/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

I suppose this had to happen eventually.

The cloud service Mega, which I use to provide downloads from this blog, have deleted 14 files from my account after a complaint from the Church of Scientology that these are copyright material. These are all in the “Secret Scientology Texts and Media’ Section.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The files affected include:

Scientology’s Security Checklists (including the notorious Johannesburg ‘confessional’ and the abusive Children’s security check)

The Blue, Green and Red volumes

OT (operating thetan) materials – including the OT3 level, which contains the ‘Xenu’ story. This can surely look after itself – Hubbard claimed that anyone reading this material with out proper preparation by he Church of Scientology would die of pneumonia.

An audio recording of Hubbard, in which he describes “The wall of fire” through which he had to pass to learn the secrets of OT3

‘Revolt in the Stars’ a screenplay that Hubbard wrote which, incredibly uses the OT3 ‘Xenu’ story that is supposed to kill…

Scientology’s ‘Assists’ handbook, which describes Scientology’s form of ‘healing hands’ – including the tragicomic “bring back to life assist which consists of shouting “get back into the body” at a dead person.

‘The Hard Sell Pack’ a compilation of Hubbard’s remarks which teaches Scientologists to sell Scientology services in the same aggressive way as used cars

A Sea Org ‘training manual’

Please be assured, I still have copies of all the affected files and the links will be restored as soon as find a way of storing them online which will not be subject to take-down (suggestions are most welcome).

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

takedown.png

Anony

Re: Scientology Books and Media receives a Takedown Notice from the Church of Sciento

This is one of my favourite Scientology blogs for resource and I have been avoiding to link to the blog or mention it in messageboards because I was worried this might happen! Oh well...

*I was just going to say the to the owner that he/she could link to the wikileaks files directly but I guess he/she beat me to it!

The files are up again.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology Books and Media receives a Takedown Notice from the Church of Sciento

That is fricken awesome. :hifive::dancer::goodposting::lol::cheerleader::buzzin::dance3::dance3::thankyou::hyper::sing::sing::bow::thankyou::sing::party::party::party::party::party::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Es Pee's - I think the time has come where we have accomplished Phase I on destroying Scientology.

1. Scientology Suppressing Scientology and Scientologist's Suppressing Scientologist's. We can give this a DONE -a VWD, in fact!! This was actually acomplished when we had David Miscavige ordering BIG HUGE BUILDINGS PURCHASED and renovated and then only PANELS to talk to raw public. He lost faith in the staff and members. This was the turning point for the demise of Scientology.

Now - on to Phase II: Financially break the mother fuckers!

2. Expose the truth and make them spend money, make them spend lots if money so as to run out! PI's, Attorney's, Big empty buildings with no raw meat coming in, bad PR, people shunning Scientologist's and Scientology! The leader David Miscavige is known as "Captain Blackheart" - leader of a church...

The implosion of Scientology is near.

Scicrit

Patron

This is one of my favourite Scientology blogs for resource and I have been avoiding to link to the blog or mention it in messageboards because I was worried this might happen! Oh well...

*I was just going to say the to the owner that he/she could link to the wikileaks files directly but I guess he/she beat me to it!

The files are up again.

Thank you. Full disclosure: I'm a 'never in' - which is probably a good thing, too. The general public is now becoming aware of the behaviour of the CofS, are becoming inoculated against their pitch, and are starting to grumble.

It might also amuse you all to know that after the posts where I :
(1) announced having been censored and
(2) announced that the files were up again

the number of visits has boomed.Yesterday it was 5x average. Today it is already 6X, and it's only 10:00 AM here. Reddit and Stumbleupon have picked it up, along with a number of forums.

I may be going viral - me Mum always said that would happen if I didn't wipe me nose properly.

What's more,

1. They temporarily took down only 14 files out of 265 posts (almost all of which contain more than one download)... hardly worth the effort
  2. Hardly anyone looked at the files in question previously. Now, thanks to the actions of the CofS, hundreds more people are aware they exist, have read about them, and have downloaded them (just in case). It would have been far better for the CofS to simply ignore me.
  3. Having claimed to own copyright, they have confirmed that all this stuff is genuine
  4. Any future takedowns will be submitted to Wikileaks on the grounds that information in the public interest is suppressed. Judging by Wikileaks attitude to Scientology, this is likely to succeed - and display those files on a much larger site than mine.

This kind of action must be intended for internal consumption (they will report the takedown, but not the restoration) because it has exactly the opposite effect to what is intended.

PS WordPress blogs like mine are free - and there are many other options. Large files can be stored in cloud services like Mega and linked to. How about a network of people who post any file which the CofS tries to suppress? Trying to take down tens (or even hundreds) of duplicates would be ineffective, time-consuming and costly.