What's new

Scientology buys land for $37 million to build new Australasian headquarters

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Church of Scientology buys land in West Chatswood for $37 million to build new Australasian headquarters.

The Daily Telegraph: The Church of Scientology buys land in West Chatswood for $37 million to build new Australasian headquarters

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...109422881?nk=5f13ad5fec91f303d5a287df181837a0

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

THE Church of Scientology has quietly snapped up a large tract of land on Sydney’s leafy North Shore where it hopes to build a new base for the religion in the southern hemisphere and usher in a new “golden age”.

The land in West Chatswood, which cost the church $37 million, will be the site of a sprawling new facility called the Ideal Advanced Organisation and Continental Base for Australia and the Asiatic region.

David Miscavige, the chairman of the International Association of Scientologists (IAS) and former best man of Scientology poster boy Tom Cruise, spoke publicly last month for the first time about the organisation’s plans to kickstart a “golden age” in Sydney.

At a Freedom Medal ceremony in Sussex on October 17, at which Australia’s highest profile Scientologist singer Kate Ceberano was presented with the secretive organisation’s highest award, Mr Miscavige revealed the redevelopment plans to an assembly of 7500 members.

The vast new facility, that will overlook Lane Cove National Park, will open seven days a week, from 8.30am-9.30pm, as both an administrative and theological operation and a place for public worship.

“Here, Scientologists from Tasmania to Tokyo will traverse the upper realms of the Bridge to Total Freedom,” the Scientology.org website reported of Mr Miscavige’s announcement at Sussex.

425626-bd9ce712-609c-11e4-bdd3-73a977145716.jpg

An aerial view of the proposed site for the new Scientology Centre in West Chatswood.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
A two storey parking lot :hysterical::hysterical:

On the bright side, neighbours are not going to notice any difference to traffic flow and noise.
They may wonder briefly about inward pointed spikes.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I had a thought about the rash of real estate buying over the last years. Has anybody close to the scene been able to check out who the sellers of the land are?

It occurred to me that a way for an insider to convert Church money to private money would be to buy up real estate, and then sell it (through a front company, to hide real ownership) to Scn. If anybody with access to local real estate records has spare time, it would be interesting to find out who the seller was, and if the seller had recently acquired the property before selling to Scn, and if the difference between the price it was sold to Scn was greatly more than the price it was originally acquired at.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

The COS already has over one Billion dollars worth of buildings, but....

They need $37M more for a new building which allows them to pretend they are attaining superhuman OT states that nobody even once achieved in all the other buildings over the past 64 years.

If the Scientologists can only just find the right building, planetary clearing will become a reality!

(graphic lifted from the internet)

0.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
EXCERPT FROM NEWSPAPER ARTICLE:
Chatswood West Progress Association member Ian Tanner, 71, who has lived in Millwood Ave for 36 years, said the development was better than new houses being built.
“Well I think it’s a lot better than having 56 townhouses beside my house and having five years of construction activity as well so I think it’s a better outcome all things considered,” he said.
“But they’re going to have 460 to 500 people on the site seven days a week so it’s going to be a busy little place.
“They’re making it user friendly to their staff. They’ve got two or three bus loads bringing in 180 people each day.
“You have to see how it pans out but in theory it should be all right. They’ve got quite an extensive car park their already for about 120 cars. They’re going to encourage people to use public transport.
I don’t know what they stand for, I think they stand for a few problems but I’m not affected by them at this stage.”

HELPFUL TIP FOR MR. TANNER & OTHER NEIGHBORS: Scientologists only stand for one thing. To applaud their avaricious cult leaders (Hubbard or Miscavige) who are lying to and defrauding both them and any other DB wogs in the area, like yourself, Mr. Tanner.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I had a thought about the rash of real estate buying over the last years. Has anybody close to the scene been able to check out who the sellers of the land are?

It occurred to me that a way for an insider to convert Church money to private money would be to buy up real estate, and then sell it (through a front company, to hide real ownership) to Scn. If anybody with access to local real estate records has spare time, it would be interesting to find out who the seller was, and if the seller had recently acquired the property before selling to Scn, and if the difference between the price it was sold to Scn was greatly more than the price it was originally acquired at.

It is an interesting question E.

I had never thought of looking at it like that. It does awaken me to the idea that we have not been looking, maybe, at all the angles. Something about this does not make any sense at all .

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

It occurred to me that a way for an insider to go to prison for fraud would be to buy up real estate, and then sell it (through a front company, to hide real ownership) to Scn. If anybody with access to local real estate records has spare time, it would be interesting to find out who the seller was, and if the seller had recently acquired the property before selling to Scn, and if the difference between the price it was sold to Scn was greatly more than the price it was originally acquired at.

fixt

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Right now the cult have two under-utilized SO buildings in the Sydney area - Dundas (CLO and SO berthing) and Glebe (AOSH ANZO.):yes:

Adding a third to that mix (along with expanding an already-empty CBD building at Castlereagh St. and purchasing a NarCONon out of town that they'll never get a DA for) is just the sort of cult stupidity that "we" all try to make sense of. :screwy:

I'd love to see the DA that was submitted but alas, it's no longer on the Council's webpage.:bigcry:

The story talks about 500 SO members being bussed in daily - NEVER has the SO had that many in Sydney.:roflmao:

Nor are they ever likely to get anywhere near that number.:hysterical:

So I'm presuming Slappy's looking at unloading the Glebe building - too easy for disgruntled SO to walk out the door into the streets there and never come back.:omg:

:drama:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

If it's anything like the purchase of the NarCONon out of town at Yarramalong, it's just plain stupidity from SO members all the way up Drunken Maggot Hisself who know nothing of the real world and so purchase land WAY over its value because "Command Intention" has OK'd it. :yes:

That land was bought from its original owners via a genuine Real Estate agent who had various culties on the phone to him, including some "from California" and they paid WAY over market value for that. And they'll never be able to put a NarCONon there unless they somehow subvert the entire planning process for the state of NSW.:omg:

From what I can see here, again they've paid WAY over market value for this land and it'll never be fully utilized anyway. :duh:

$cientology - where those who spend your donated money would never get around the board twice in a Monopoly game without being bankrupted.:roflmao:

And they'd keep claiming a Get Out Of Jail Free card every time due to Religious Beliefs.:yes:

Anonycat

Crusader
Right now the cult have two under-utilized SO buildings in the Sydney area - Dundas (CLO and SO berthing) and Glebe (AOSH ANZO.):yes:

Adding a third to that mix (along with expanding an already-empty CBD building at Castlereagh St. and purchasing a NarCONon out of town that they'll never get a DA for) is just the sort of cult stupidity that "we" all try to make sense of. :screwy:

I'd love to see the DA that was submitted but alas, it's no longer on the Council's webpage.:bigcry:

The story talks about 500 SO members being bussed in daily - NEVER has the SO had that many in Sydney.:roflmao:

Nor are they ever likely to get anywhere near that number.:hysterical:

So I'm presuming Slappy's looking at unloading the Glebe building - too easy for disgruntled SO to walk out the door into the streets there and never come back.:omg:

:drama:

I thought that press was pretty funny; saying that 7,000 attended. O rly? I went by the old Sydney org when it was still open, driving up what we would call a good sized ally, over here. As I passed by, there were 3 staff outside smoking, and all wearing black, as I recall. But oh, right across the street? 10 anons. Good luck with the 7,500 and the tens of millions to build another ultra-compound. Hey, isn't Australia the home of the UK locations too? And it was found that the address given was to a home owned by a gardener, who had no idea and had lived there 20 years or so? Maybe now they can dodge that bullet.

thefatman

Patron with Honors
Re: CoS buys land in West Chatswood for $37 million

The DA can be found here:

https://epathway.willoughby.nsw.gov...on/Web/GeneralEnquiry/EnquirySummaryView.aspx

"Alterations and additions to existing buildings at 126 Greville Street for ecclesiastical management, theological studies and church activities. Demolition of existing dwellings at 23 & 25 Millwood Avenue and construction of a bus layover and pedestrian access path to 126 Greville Street, and associated works."

Lodged: 8/10/14
Responsible Officer: Arthur Tsembis.

Anonycat

Crusader
Re: CoS buys land in West Chatswood for $37 million

Looks like ol Davey is trying to open another Gold Base out in West Chatswood (in North Sydney). According to one local they're saying they'll have 450-500 people on site every day.

Interestingly, this is the first time I've heard Virginia Stewart's name mentioned in a while.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ian-headquarters/story-fnpn118l-1227109422881

I see ... although the Sydney Org died of loneliness, and West Chatswood has a population of ~1,500. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatswood_West,_New_South_Wales

Yes, that sounds like a massive hideaway, not a place of "worship".

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Church of Scientology spends $37MILLION on huge new site in Sydney

Church of Scientology spends $37MILLION on huge new site in Sydney for Asia Pacific headquarters.

The Daily Mail now has the story:

Church of Scientology spends $37MILLION on huge new site in Sydney for Asia Pacific headquarters
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ctare-site-new-Asia-Pacific-headquarters.html

The International Association of Scientologists has purchased at least three properties at Chatswood West in Sydney's north

They have lodged a development application with the local council to create an Asia Pacific headquarters for the church

David Miscavige, the Chairman of AIS, first announced the plan to build a '130 thousand square feet' facility in October

However, Terry Fogarty, the Secretary of the Chatswood West Progress Association, told Daily Mail Australia that Willoughby City Council was unlikely to approve the organisation's development application until early 2015.

Prior to lodging their application a month ago, Mr Fogarty said that church members had informed local residents in the area of their development plans, and assured them 'that they're not door-knockers'.

1414905937668_wps_4_scientology_map_gRAPHIC_j.jpg

A development proposal for the sites on 126 Greville Street, 23 and 25 Millwood Avenue at Chatswood West in Sydney's north have been submitted to the local council

'There will be no development on the site – they'll be doing an adaptive reuse of the existing building,' Mr Fogarty said.

Anonycat

Crusader
Re: Church of Scientology spends $37MILLION on huge new site in Sydney

Prior to lodging their application a month ago, Mr Fogarty said that church members had informed local residents in the area of their development plans, and assured them 'that they're not door-knockers'.

Wait, so how did they inform all the area residents? Put it on their website? Skywriting? :omg:

thefatman

Patron with Honors

"Alterations and additions to existing buildings at 126 Greville Street for ecclesiastical management, theological studies and church activities. Demolition of existing dwellings at 23 & 25 Millwood Avenue and construction of a bus layover and pedestrian access path to 126 Greville Street, and associated works."

From: https://epathway.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/ePathway/Production/Web/GeneralEnquiry/EnquiryLists.aspx

Development Applications > Search "Greville" under Street Name > It should be the top result.

That's all I can find on the website, I'll see if I can obtain any supporting documents over the week.