What's new

Scientology buys land for $37 million to build new Australasian headquarters

It is an interesting question E.

I had never thought of looking at it like that. It does awaken me to the idea that we have not been looking, maybe, at all the angles. Something about this does not make any sense at all .

I occasionally see someone who has a property at Lane Cove who is into investments. I might be able to eventually find out a bit more about it. However there is a revamped (finally) Sydney Org, not far away that may as well be a morgue.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
It had been mentioned here on ESMB that the Cult did a buy at inflated prices for Chick Corea's recording studio in Los Angeles? There was a post about that....

Then Chick could have turned around done anything with the money....like channel it back into the IAS or pay some to a "silent" partner.....IMO.

Don't have any facts or docs....just speculating....

Maybe "OSA" the News guy Bryan could do some digging around in Public Records and ascertain all the parties involved in this land purchase in Australia....and get some answers?

Sounds like a perfect story for Bryan to investigate.

Well ................ Perth is destined to be the first Clear City! It will be even more convenient for the droves of happy Scientologists to advance up the Bridge and have new career options, without having to fly overseas. :omg: :hysterical: :omg:

Joking of course.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It is an interesting question E.

I had never thought of looking at it like that. It does awaken me to the idea that we have not been looking, maybe, at all the angles. Something about this does not make any sense at all .

Yeah, and as long as we are speculating, I have always wondered if there is perhaps another hidden component to the real estate & and cash investments portfolio of the many Scientology corporate shells. One where major whale earners are able to leverage their donations to the church for greater tax write-offs against their enormous capital gains.

Big whales have big tax liabilities and "need" to find/create offsets, write-offs, charitable donations and even "carry forward losses". Nobody will likely learn about all the super-secret financial "crimes" of cult leaders (and their elite donors) until the cult network collapses into the hands of federal, state or regulatory forensic accountants.

My guess would be that, aside from the rampant inurement schemes perpetrated by Hubbard, Miscavige and certain cult lawyers---there are likely to be certain cult crusaders (think Tom "Mr. Ethics" Cruise) who have their fingerprints all over some skim-scam schemes that would make Reid Slatkin blush.

Scientology: It's always a good wager to bet they are lying.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, and as long as we are speculating, I have always wondered if there is perhaps another hidden component to the real estate & and cash investments portfolio of the many Scientology corporate shells. One where major whale earners are able to leverage their donations to the church for greater tax write-offs against their enormous capital gains.

Big whales have big tax liabilities and "need" to find/create offsets, write-offs, charitable donations and even "carry forward losses". Nobody will likely learn about all the super-secret financial "crimes" of cult leaders (and their elite donors) until the cult network collapses into the hands of federal, state or regulatory forensic accountants.

My guess would be that, aside from the rampant inurement schemes perpetrated by Hubbard, Miscavige and certain cult lawyers---there are likely to be certain cult crusaders (think Tom "Mr. Ethics" Cruise) who have their fingerprints all over some skim-scam schemes that would make Reid Slatkin blush.

As the saying goes "You can tell a $cientologist is lying because his/her lips are moving.":yes:

Like this DA is saying that CLO crew will secure before 10pm EVERY NIGHT and obediently catch the bus back to their (disgustingly dilapidated) berthing at Dundas.:omg:

YEAH, RIGHT !!!:duh:

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron

Wonder where they picked up that nasty little habit ? Mr acceptable truth or I never had a second wife or I make less than staff or so on and so forth :hysterical:

DNA proof that the good Shepherd Hubbard did fuck his sheeple, paternity test !!:hysterical:

HelluvaHoax!

Wonder where they picked up that nasty little habit ? Mr acceptable truth or I never had a second wife or I make less than staff or so on and so forth :hysterical:

DNA proof that the good Shepherd Hubbard did fuck his sheeple, paternity test !!:hysterical:

In Scientology, it's not considered "out-ethics" to lie.

It is, however, deemed a "high crime" and "suppressive act" to be caught lying--because that is "out PR" for the cult.

Those particularly skilled at grinning treachery and deception are afforded "ethics protection" and Freedom Medallions.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron

It is, however, deemed a "high crime" and "suppressive act" to be caught lying--because that is "out PR" for the cult.

Those particularly skilled at grinning treachery and deception are afforded "ethics protection" and Freedom Medallions.

Hell you might even get a cosey little hideaway built for you and your girlfriend while the lawyers figure out
how to dump your 1st wife.

hmmmmmmmmmm Freedom Medallion bet that lil bobble wears a bit heavy around the neck of Mr Riskey Bussiness :hysterical:

and yes Tom I would say it to your face despite your incredible ethics presence, but you would have to tell me
which face, ya two faced bastard :angry::yes:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Scns are allowed, encouraged, and required to lie IF THE LIE BENEFITS SCIENTOLOGY, or the truth would harm Scientology.

Lying TO senior Scientology executives, however, will get you in trouble (ref: "HCO PL 2 Apr. 65 FALSE REPORTS").

You can lie to public and people junior to you, NEVER upstream.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Because the deal was done through lawyers, if there is an additional agreement, it would be protected by attorney client privilege and thus be undiscoverable to civil litigation outside of RICO cases.

The sharp angle is if a NON PROFIT needs work done that is not "Charitable" Like.. call girls and call boys for the past friends of Senator Xenophon so they do not speak to Sen Xenophon any more, and then destroy his reputation... you just pay more for the property if you are buying it and have the buyer pass on X amount of cash to another Lawfirm who hires the prostitutes, rumor mongers, and "internet activists" to get the results desired. It's just money, the cost of doing business for an international psychopolitical terrorist organization....

To create a large appraised tax value, you have the members of your cult, buy the property and flip it a couple of times, each time doing some nominal improvements, (paint job, granite counters..), while getting your cult member who is an appraiser to boost the valuations.. This is done in Clearwater routinely, and eventually a bank is left holding the bag for the mortgage, and the money goes into scientology from the perpetrators. < described to me by a real estate person in Tampa...via telephone

As a sellor, there are also opportunities...Here is one real example from memory from, The Minton Wars, If you are the sellor, and say you want influence with the head of the Arbitration Board in Florida, you might sell him your Palm Beach condo at a very nice price, in exchange for a future favor, if and when needed...

Of course only religious bigots would dare question the motives of a "church"....right?

The best place to hide something is right in front of you.(note)

arnie lerma

Note: After a decade watching the activities on ARS newsgroup I thought this observation of mine was MY line, years later I found it stated word for word as a CIA maxim in a book I read: The CIA: The world of Arts and Letters

"There was only one sin in Scientology, which was repeated to me at least a few thousand times, which is, getting caught." Ron DeWolfe

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Scns are allowed, encouraged, and required to lie IF THE LIE BENEFITS SCIENTOLOGY, or the truth would harm Scientology.

Lying TO senior Scientology executives, however, will get you in trouble (ref: "HCO PL 2 Apr. 65 FALSE REPORTS").

You can lie to public and people junior to you, NEVER upstream.

LOLOLOL

Two stable datums in Scientology:

Outpoints & Out-Ethics always lie downlines.

Despite the fact that nobody ever has any clue what is happening in their screwed up, flapping, downstat area, there are wise beings with total knowingness handling it somewhere uplines.​

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
LOLOLOL

Two stable datums in Scientology:

Outpoints & Out-Ethics always lie downlines.

Despite the fact that nobody ever has any clue what is happening in their screwed up, flapping, downstat area, there are wise beings with total knowingness handling it somewhere uplines.​

Yes, indeed. An Ethics Officer who writes up the out-ethics of a senior exec is in trouble. Likewise an Evaluator who mentions a senior as a "Who".

Ethics is what happens downstream, never up.

Anonycat

Crusader
Re: speculation -- Enthetan, Phenomanon, Hoax -- Yes, there is plenty of good reason to speculate that they did get lots of that money back. But still, no way (yet) to know.

When I was a manger of something-or-other, I got to select my contractors. It was common for them to say: hey, if you promise to spend X during the next year, I'll kick you down group vacations to Hawaii for 2 weeks, etc. You could select the purveyor by the gifts they handed back. Sleezy!

But, if we're in a small circle, what's to say Davey didn't have his lawmen put together a NPO called Save The Spicy Dill Pickles, and have them do the business through lawyers, and layers. And - Why the F pay cash? Well, if I speculate a little harder, it's because STSDP is scooping a big slice right off the top, and the lawyers are making a secret deal with the real estate selling company. $35,000,000 estates are not "sold by owner". Nor are any of the mega and historical properties that they buy. The Spicy Pickles assure that the property can be gotten for $10,000,000 and the other $25,000,000 can go from the Spicy Pickle NPO to the Save The Pine Cones NPO, run by lawyers. Save The Pine Cones buys "things" and gives them to the dwarf.

It's really pretty easy, given the cash in these transactions. And it's always cash. Maybe the Dwarf wants his $25,000,000 in off-shore or gold. No way to know what they're doing. But I'd bet my ass, someone did a whole lot better than a 8 person trip to Hawaii for 2 weeks. And, this kind of transaction doesn't need a year to transpire, just a month or 3. Cash gets things done really fast.

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: 37 million MOTIVE: Mosey is being "Wollershiemed"

I bet this is part of a plan, a plan with historical precedent... those able should try to follow this reasoning carefully

Isn't Marty and Mosey suing CSI? It does not matter really, cause the very last filing by Lawrence Wollershiem, in perhaps his 6th attempt to force $cientology to pay his 6 million of what they trumpeted as "not one thin dime for wollershiem" that he had been owed for TWENTY YEARS before he finally collected... for, amongst other things: Intentional Infliction of Emotional Duress, and Tortious interference in his business... was a motion to have the corporate structure declared a "SHAM corporation"

You see Lawrence tried to get his money after he won his original case from CSI, but they did not 'have' it, seems, (he finds out 20 years later) that they had moved some enormous figure, I think it was 60 million in cash out of CSI to one of their UK Corporate shells.

Ken Dandar never mentioned that he actually made a secret deal with the devil at the very beginning of The McPherson Case, which was and is ONE of several key incidents that destroyed that case... the best damn case the State of Florida ever had to bankrupt scientology and drive those loony tunes out of their city...

Ken, KNOWING that Wollershiem had spent most of his judgement before he even got it, on 20 years of collection litigation trying to GET his judgement satisfied.... was offered this deal by CO$ lawyers

DANDAR AGREED TO LEAVE DAVID MISCAVIGE OUT OF THE LISA CASE and Scientology agreed to not "WOLLERSHIEM" (Verb transitive) him... that is, do to him what they did to Lawrence for 20 years....

It was just a business deal, for the money....

This peculiar "color of law" excuse, may be merely a "Suitable Guise" or "Shore story" to make cash disappear from the entities that Marty and Mosey may get a damn big judgement against...

Perhaps we are watching preparations,

perhaps we are watching them, being "Wollershiemed" (Verb Tr.)

"The Best place to hide something is right in front of you"

Arnie Lerma

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Scientology’s own plans show it paid $37 million for a building to serve only 87 people

Let's do the math one more time. . .

$37M to service 87 people

Minimally, another $13M to remodel the building to make it "Ideal".

So, let's just estimate $50M.

And let's allow for "unprecedented expansion" and add another 13 people. LOL

Total = 100 people at a cost of $50M.

Per person cost = $ 500,000.​

Hey! That's the same exact amount it costs one Scientologist to do the Bridge.

What a coincidence!

Okay, finally the math makes perfect sense. Now all we have to figure out is why a sane human being would pay a half-million dollars to pretend they are OT.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology’s own plans show it paid $37 million for a building to serve only 87 people

Let's do the math one more time. . .

$37M to service 87 people

Minimally, another $13M to remodel the building to make it "Ideal".

So, let's just estimate $50M.

And let's allow for "unprecedented expansion" and add another 13 people. LOL

Total = 100 people at a cost of $50M.

Per person cost = $ 500,000.​

Hey! That's the same exact amount it costs one Scientologist to do the Bridge.

What a coincidence!

Okay, finally the math makes perfect sense. Now all we have to figure out is why a sane human being would pay a half-million dollars to pretend they are OT.

Did you factor in $5 million bus-stop?:omg:

Well I am going to visit, when it is built, since it is a place of worship for the public, at a time where it is envisaged that they may be sort of slightly busy. Well I mean ............... the Gardener might be the only one busy, trimming the shrubs. :hmm:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I went and had a peek at this building today. I say a peek because it is so extremely secluded there is not much you can see. It is a huge building, about a city block in size, a solid mass of concrete with not a single window. Someone who has previously seen the inside of the building described the walls as a metre or more thick. I have never seen anything so creepy in my life. And it is surrounded by bush on a very large grounds. It was purpose built as some sort of acoustic testing place. So this building is designed to be absolutely soundproof. Anything could go on there and no-one would be the wiser. Kinda scary, really, knowing the history of Scientology.

But I can see why it would appeal to Miscavige.