What's new

Scientology case against Anon dropped

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
http://glosslip.com/2008/04/03/scientology-case-against-los-angeles-member-of-anonymous-dropped/

Transcript follows:

Infamous lawyer Graham Berry, known for his commitment in supporting those who’ve been harassed and sued by the Church of Scientology, has announced a major win for an outed member of Anonymous, Sean Carasov (aka Rorshach) who was currently under investigation by the the Los Angeles Police Department for alledged crimes related to protest activities at LA Scientology Org centers. Here’s Berry’s letter on the matter;

To Anonymous:

I have just concluded a telephone call from a Los Angeles Police Department representative assigned to the major crimes division.

During that telephone call I was advised that both the Los Angeles District Attorney and the Los Angeles City Attorney had decided not to proceed any further with the filing of criminal charges against outed Anonymous participant Sean Carasov. This means that the case is over and there will be no further court appearances required by Sean.

The decision not to prosecute was made before I had emailed the existence of a video/audio report of the entire incident. This, or the CD copy, is now needed immediately by the LAPD. I said we would try and have it there tomorrow.

From the LAPD’s perspective the video/audio might indicate that the offense of filing a false police report had been committed. From Sean Carasov’s perspective it may support a law suit seeking damages for false arrest and imprisonment.

The 70 page draft declaration I provided this morning is now being read. It would not surprise me if the L.A.P.D. Decided that the best action would be to take action in connection with matters in that document already.

During the conversation I obtained the distinct impression that the Scientology enterprise has a number of Anon participants under surveillance. I also received the message that provided Anon acted lawfully, and picketed lawfully, they would be just fine. However, the Scientology enterprise is going to great effort to try and find any unlawful conduct by Anon. And we know that if Scientology cannot find your “crime” then it will “manufacture” the allegations.

Obviously the entire incident should teach us all a lesson in not providing the cult an inch with which to take a mile! Let DM be the only one who “goes postal.”

Congratulations Sean.
Graham E. Berry

Sean, one several members of Anonymous who’ve been targets of “Fair Game” by the CoS. One of the more chilling elements to emerge from Sean’s case, is a report of his cat being poisoned at some point throughout the investigation. While no one witnessed who poisoned Carasov’s cat, there have been past incidents where the Church of Scientology has been accused of poisoning and torturing the pets of critics. Again, these are alleged.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
That is just too cool for school!!!

On with the prosecution of the CofS for filing false charges.

la scn

Last edited:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is good news. Now if only the authorities can bring charges against the CofS will it be GREAT news.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
IIRC, the anons were quite careful to conduct their protests courteously, not blocking entranceways, etc. I'm glad that this frivolous bullshit harassment is being dropped.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
IIRC, the anons were quite careful to conduct their protests courteously, not blocking entranceways, etc. I'm glad that this frivolous bullshit harassment is being dropped.

I agree Fluffy....Anon exceeded my expectations! Courteous, opening doors for people at the shops, polite to police, knowledgable, motivated and engaged in peaceful assembly.

It upset me that the C of S behaved that way with them....

But the good news is that the C of S shows it's true face for all to see.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
If you look at the first article on this fellow when he first outed himself after the church served him, there is mention of a feral cat. Here something about it:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/a57647870470f6ff

Yes. Thank you very much. I wonder if the CofS people specifically order that pets be poisoned as part of their ops, or if they merely turn a blind eye to it. Either way, it is hard to fathom how these people sleep at night, in the little time allocated for such anyway.

Paul

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
Yes. Thank you very much. I wonder if the CofS people specifically order that pets be poisoned as part of their ops, or if they merely turn a blind eye to it. Either way, it is hard to fathom how these people sleep at night, in the little time allocated for such anyway.

Paul

I guess that if it's ok to fair game you in their books it's ok to fair game your pets. I am usually able to put myself in others' shoes, but in this case I cannot.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Duddins,

I do agree with you! I saw the Anons in action in Seattle...like I said, ultra courteous and very careful to not block access.

CofS should have played the noble martyr card or just been plain ol' nice and decent about it.

Lokimike

Patron
I feel sad for the cat.

Yet I personally know of three instances where abusive people wound up
bringing their own rather horrible deaths on themselves. So I believe that the poisiners are also setting themselves up for something equally nasty to come their way. Karma exists, in my view, and it will catch them up.

But I wish it could have done so before the cat was killed.

Scientologists have lied to me; but cats aren't phony. I know which I'd rather be around.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I agree. I would take my cats and also the dog I used to have over a lot of people I've known- and not just people I didn't like or whatever.

I think that people who victimize animals are about as low as people who victimize helpless people, like elderly, handicapped or juvenile individuals. Or pretty damn close, anyway.

Cavalier

Patron

Paul

Don't know if it's part of their ops, but it does seem to be a fairly consistently used tactic. This isn't the first cat they've killed, after all.

RIP Mudkips. We do NOT forget.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Don't know if it's part of their ops, but it does seem to be a fairly consistently used tactic. This isn't the first cat they've killed, after all.

RIP Mudkips. We do NOT forget.

santa1-1.gif

This is my Xmas card from 1998. The cat is the one found dead on Bob Minton's doorstep in Boston that year. There is no proof that the 'Church' killed the cat. Or that it left it there.

Is it likely?

Ummmm

Zinj