What's new

Scientology child abuse expose

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
I just watched the videos and I am in tears. This is so important! These stories don't usually get told until the kids grow up and escape, and by then it's too late. It has been so frustrating for so long that no matter how many times the cult has been reported and investigated in the past they seem able to weasel out of it and keep the victims silent and hidden.

Neo, you are fabulous!!! Thanks so much! Emma, you are making such a huge difference!!! David Graham, thank you too!

Funny how all Vicky Dunstan can do is attack the reporter and David...Oh yeah...Bryan Seymour rocks too!

Ladybird

Gosslip:The Church Of Scientology’s Child Labor Abuse Exposed

http://glosslip.com/2008/07/07/the-church-of-scientologys-child-labor-abuse-exposed/

Australia’s Channel 7 reporter Brian Seymour did a brilliant expose on the Church of Scientology’s long-standing child labor abuse, and their wide-spread deprivation of education to children of staff members. The expose, done in conjunction with an ex-child Sea Org member, exposes children being forced to work over 40 hour weeks and not providing these children with basic education.

Of course Scientology’s response to the report was typical. They accused the reporter of being an agent who is working with Anonymous, because of course, no one in their right mind would question a sinister cult which seeks to undermine families, rob people of their money AND their dignity, and violate both moral and legal codes of conduct. Right?

WRONG. Thank you to Brian Seymour for having the courage and to Channel 7 for backing him up. Also, many thanks to WS for forwarding this story.

Also, Anonymous will be staging their SIXTH protest this weekend, Saturday, July 12th. Clearly, their efforts are hammering away at the crumbling facade of deception Scientology has precariously built on its web of lies.

Glosslip will have more on the next protest later this week.

anonmom

Patron with Honors
Neo, David and Emma,

Wow! What more can I add? You haven't just helped scientology kids in Australia, you have helped them all over the world! God bless you all and thank you so very very much for your efforts!

It was already awesome, but when they even included the OT III xenu story... it blew me away!!! Love it, love it, love it!

:cheerleader: :heartflower: :smoochy: :cloud9:

Neo

Well there you have it, folks.

See what we can achieve. Not bad for a bunch of misfits, hey?

:happydance:

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Child abuse in the UK?

Here is OFSTED's latest report (June '07) on the CofS Walsh Manor School in Crowborough

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports/pd...eName=\\school\\131\\s163_131204_20070725.pdf

Interesting points:

• 70% of pupils don't have English as their first language
  • No external examination
  • Students move on to Saint Hill Manor at age 16
  • No coherent curriculum
  • No formal career guidence
  • No framework for evaluating performance
  • Students work for the cadet org after school
  • Welfare health and safety are unsatisfactory
  • No child protection policy
  • Criminal Records Bureau checks on staff are not done

There are plenty of good things said about the school, but some of them read like they have been written by a Scientology staff member and handed to the Inspector! :duh:

Anybody got any personal info about the school that would be useful?

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Child abuse in the UK?

Here is OFSTED's latest report (June '07) on the CofS Walsh Manor School in Crowborough

Interesting points:

• 70% of pupils don't have English as their first language
  • No external examination
  • Students move on to Saint Hill Manor at age 16
  • No coherent curriculum
  • No formal career guidence
  • No framework for evaluating performance
  • Students work for the cadet org after school
  • Welfare health and safety are unsatisfactory
  • No child protection policy
  • Criminal Records Bureau checks on staff are not done

There are plenty of good things said about the school, but some of them read like they have been written by a Scientology staff member and handed to the Inspector! :duh:

Anybody got any personal info about the school that would be useful?

I've never heard of this school. It seems there is no child abuse here. The full ofsted report in the URL below. Its interesting that the checksheet method of study appears to have been evaluated by Ofsted and is certainly not castigated per se. Having known several children who graduated from Greenfields, a fee paying school nearby run on scientological
study tech principles, a disadvantage is that generating enthusiasm in subjects is a very weak point which seems to be mentioned in the report.

I havn't found any mention of fees but I'd imagine that
there are fees. Seems to be for the children of local scientologists.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/education/04/school_tables/secondary_schools/html/845_6041.stm

sandygirl

This is fantastic. Let's hope that someone in the media in Clearwater or LA pick this up as these two areas are filled with minors working for the cult.

The churchs response was lame as usual. Totally unbelievable and makes them look like asses. The always attack never defend policy may be their downfall in the war of the media.

Jason-you rock!!! So much more truthful and believeable that the cult!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!(i bet there is some MAJOR scrambling around and cleaning up at FLO and ASHO)

asagai

Patron Meritorious
I've never heard of this school. It seems there is no child abuse here. The full ofsted report in the URL below. Its interesting that the checksheet method of study appears to have been evaluated by Ofsted and is certainly not castigated per se. Having known several children who graduated from Greenfields, a fee paying school nearby run on scientological
study tech principles, a disadvantage is that generating enthusiasm in subjects is a very weak point which seems to be mentioned in the report.

I havn't found any mention of fees but I'd imagine that
there are fees. Seems to be for the children of local scientologists.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/education/04/school_tables/secondary_schools/html/845_6041.stm

I've always given you the benefit of the doubt, Terril, despite your obvious Scientology loyalties, but your un-informed reply to my post is dreadful! :grouch:

To carry the CofS PR line, unfiltered by common sense or even accurate observation, puts you in a role of child exploitation condoner, in my opinion. To promote Scientology study tech blatently like you have just done and to try to use the OFSTED report to support your ridiculous claims is disgraceful! It gives the impression that the FreeZone has been lurking on these good-news threads waiting for the chance to hit back with cult PR.

Shame on you Terril! We are trying to save kids here who have been given no choice about their cult indoctrination! I say again, shame on you! These innocent children have been placed outside the educaation system so that they will provide new fodder for the cult!

I added the URL to the OFSTED report onto my message, this evening, because I realised I'd forgotten to do it.

To clarify your wrong assumption - Walsh Manor School is a Sea Org school where the SO is berthed. And as we all know the SO education is superlative and a shining testimony to LRH's wonderful tech! Not! :no:

If you read the report you will see some of the obvious cult propaganda has been copied by the inspector into his report. Nevertheless the obvious outnesses that I listed clearly show the inadequacy of the school and the exploitation potential the school's system has. We don't even have a breakdown of school hours vs child labour hours.

Hells teeth they don't even do a Criminal Records check on the staff, which every respectable, caring school in the UK does these days!

From the language situation of the children, it is fair to assume that the CofS is recruiting immigrants (legal or illegal) into the SO together with their children.

Shame on you Terril for tipping-toeing in here with your cult propaganda! :grouch: :grouch: :grouch:

I'll see you at the London picket, if you are there, and will have this out with you. You need to re-evaluate your priorities! We are trying to save kids from the cult here! Are you with us or against us?

Here again are some of the key points of abuse from the report so that Terril's intervention doesn't derail the thread.

Anyone got any info about Walsh Manor School that we can add to the investigation into this child exploitation? Come on UK exes, these kids need our help! :thumbsup:

* 70% of pupils don't have English as their first language
* No external examination
* Students move on to Saint Hill Manor at age 16
* No coherent curriculum
* No formal career guidence
* No framework for evaluating performance
* Students work for the cadet org after school
* Welfare health and safety are unsatisfactory
* No child protection policy
* Criminal Records Bureau checks on staff are not done

quietheart

Patron Meritorious
These are the reasons I feel this school should be shut down:
* No coherent curriculum
* No formal career guidance
I home educate and I have to provide external examinations, coherent curriculum, career guidance and performance evaluations. I also have to allow unannounced inspections which covers the others points in my list.

asagai

Patron Meritorious
We are contacting OFSTED regarding these outnesses in their report and need evidence to present to them.

Anyone from EX Scn Kids have any info that we can use on Walsh Manor School?

Terril park

Sponsor
I've always given you the benefit of the doubt, Terril, despite your obvious Scientology loyalties, but your un-informed reply to my post is dreadful! :grouch:

To carry the CofS PR line, unfiltered by common sense or even accurate observation, puts you in a role of child exploitation condoner, in my opinion. To promote Scientology study tech blatently like you have just done and to try to use the OFSTED report to support your ridiculous claims is disgraceful! It gives the impression that the FreeZone has been lurking on these good-news threads waiting for the chance to hit back with cult PR.

Would be very happy to meet on saturday. :) You know how to find me.

I'm not promoting scn tech at all. I could, but am not doing so here. I was commenting on the ofsted report which was largely positive on the checksheet teaching as opposed to peripheral issues. I was rather suprised.
I pointed out the downside which you don't know about and which ofsted merely hinted at.

Its perhaps worth noting that Ofsted also reports on inner city schools with appalling social situations. In that context a well funded, presumably relatively
wealthy clientele in a school with only 19 pupils would be expected to shine.
Walsh didn't seem to do that exactly.

Shame on you Terril! We are trying to save kids here who have been given no choice about their cult indoctrination! I say again, shame on you! These innocent children have been placed outside the educaation system so that they will provide new fodder for the cult!

This opens up many avenues of debate. However the thread is child abuse.
It seems clear that that is not happening at Walsh. Were the kids at Melbourne org treated such, the Aussie TV program would not have been made.

How do kids avoid their parents indoctrination?

The world is full of religions and the best english schools on the whole are the religious schools, particularly the catholic ones. My son went to one.

Funny story... He never bought into catholicism, or scientology or religion.
He's a true and proper Geek. He got grade B GSCE in religious studies, after years of reports of no homework, no interest etc. I asked him how come? In true geek fashion he said Religious studies had a small amout of religion and most of it was common sense. :)

Indoctrination is widespread. Walsh at least has ofsted inspecting and recomending. This is a good protection. It should ensure the future wider education of that schools children.

Many local scientologists are not happy placing children in Greenfields.
The SO go there to recruit. If a parent objects there may be severe problems.

To clarify your wrong assumption - Walsh Manor School is a Sea Org school where the SO is berthed. And as we all know the SO education is superlative and a shining testimony to LRH's wonderful tech! Not! :no:

I was wondering about that. If SO where is the funding coming from?
The students are not boarded.

If you read the report you will see some of the obvious cult propaganda has been copied by the inspector into his report. Nevertheless the obvious outnesses that I listed clearly show the inadequacy of the school and the exploitation potential the school's system has. We don't even have a breakdown of school hours vs child labour hours.

You need to back up your assumption that Ofsted meekly posts cult propaganda rather than doing its job!!! Jeez! They see well behaved kids.
How rare!

Complain to the appropriate authorities and report back.

Hells teeth they don't even do a Criminal Records check on the staff, which every respectable, caring school in the UK does these days!

From the language situation of the children, it is fair to assume that the CofS is recruiting immigrants (legal or illegal) into the SO together with their children.

You put a slant on the above. The actual situation is that St. Hill can reg and recruit throughout europe, and europe cannot do that in the UK. Also
St Hill has the cachet of being... well. Ron's home. Note also that many people in germany have severe restrictions on being scientologists. Thus many go to Sussex to live work ansd do scn.

Shame on you Terril for tipping-toeing in here with your cult propaganda! :grouch: :grouch: :grouch:

Shame on me? I've been associated with St Hill on and off for 40 years or so. I've known families with kids at greenfields through most of their school days. I'v told some of what I know. I've not actually mentioned the positives
I've seen happen.

You label me a child exploitation condoner?

From Ofsted report:-

" Students personal development is outstanding....."

Ofsted, the UK government, also exploits children?

Sharone Stainforth

To clarify your wrong assumption - Walsh Manor School is a Sea Org school where the SO is berthed. And as we all know the SO education is superlative and a shining testimony to LRH's wonderful tech! Not!

Shame on you Terril for tipping-toeing in here with your cult propaganda!

I'll see you at the London picket, if you are there, and will have this out with you. You need to re-evaluate your priorities! We are trying to save kids from the cult here! Are you with us or against us?

Here again are some of the key points of abuse from the report so that Terril's intervention doesn't derail the thread.

Anyone got any info about Walsh Manor School that we can add to the investigation into this child exploitation? Come on UK exes, these kids need our help!

* 70% of pupils don't have English as their first language
* Students move on to Saint Hill Manor at age 16
* No coherent curriculum
* No formal career guidence
* Students work for the cadet org after school

Where to begin?

The fact that there are no criminal checks on staff would be my first concern as a "non scieno parent", also being XSO myself, i would deffinitely want criminal checks on any body teaching the children.

Having said that, unfortunately the parents are Scientologists so would not see the need for this as they are the most ethical beings on the planet.Not.:no:

I would suggest that most of the curriculum is work based and not educational.Therefore assessments are not needed in this area.

Class discussions would mean thinking for oneself and as we all know that is not allowed in $cientology.The reason "Topics" are not introduced is because the sole topic is $cientology, Scientology is breathed, eaten and slept, if you are lucky enough to get sufficient sleep.Looking up words in a dictionary does not constitute learning.

The report says that Supervision is good. Yes i would imagine it is, is it to stop any one running away?

Talk about Cult Propaganda:
"students recently participated in a petition to support the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" This would be funny if it wasn't so bloody hypercritical.It is possible the students themselves don't know this but for gods sake, David Miscavige makes me sick.Hubbards "Tech" ruins lives, it destroys lives and steals childrens childhoods.I do not differentiate between LRH, his Tech and the organisations, its all the same to me.

David Graham has it right "brick by brick".

I want to talk to this Inspector
Asagai, keep it up. You do a lot of good.

:)