What's new

Scientology child abuse expose

Terril park

Sponsor
Talk about Cult Propaganda:
"students recently participated in a petition to support the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" This would be funny if it wasn't so bloody hypercritical.

This in fact was propaganda. However an Ofsted inspector
would just report the surface facts here. What else could he do?

That Ofsted are there reporting is a great safeguard.

Zander

Patron with Honors
Child abuse in the UK?

Here is OFSTED's latest report (June '07) on the CofS Walsh Manor School in Crowborough

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports/pd...eName=\\school\\131\\s163_131204_20070725.pdf

Interesting points:

• 70% of pupils don't have English as their first language
  • No external examination
  • Students move on to Saint Hill Manor at age 16
  • No coherent curriculum
  • No formal career guidence
  • No framework for evaluating performance
  • Students work for the cadet org after school
  • Welfare health and safety are unsatisfactory
  • No child protection policy
  • Criminal Records Bureau checks on staff are not done

There are plenty of good things said about the school, but some of them read like they have been written by a Scientology staff member and handed to the Inspector! :duh:

Anybody got any personal info about the school that would be useful?

I also noticed that the report says they're very weak in providing experience in science and technology. I suppose any science education would not be terribly useful to future SO members and might only confuse with systematic thinking.

I wonder if the inspector was careful to provide some positive sounding statments in the fear of being labelled anti-religious?

But those criticisms you've sumarrised above are certainly damning enough.

Zander

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Child abuse in the UK?

Here is OFSTED's latest report (June '07) on the CofS Walsh Manor School in Crowborough

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports/pd...eName=\\school\\131\\s163_131204_20070725.pdf

Interesting points:

• 70% of pupils don't have English as their first language
  • No external examination
  • Students move on to Saint Hill Manor at age 16
  • No coherent curriculum
  • No formal career guidence
  • No framework for evaluating performance
  • Students work for the cadet org after school
  • Welfare health and safety are unsatisfactory
  • No child protection policy
  • Criminal Records Bureau checks on staff are not done

There are plenty of good things said about the school, but some of them read like they have been written by a Scientology staff member and handed to the Inspector! :duh:

Anybody got any personal info about the school that would be useful?

This is a pretty damning report. It seems that the whole purpose is to provide a place where children of Sea Org members can be indoctrinated before being fed to St Hill. Yes, fed as in fodder. The fact that there is no formal career guidance is hardly surprising. After all, their future for the next billion years has already been decided.

The report mentions that “There have been no complaints by parents”. Well, that’s not very likely is it? Even if there were, I doubt that any outside agency would ever get to hear about it.

When Walsh Manor was opened in 1995 (ish), the public were invited to tour the place. I went along and was told about the school. The reasons that I was given for setting it up, were that the children of staff got bullied in the state schools and that they didn’t want them to be subjected to all the drugs, out-ethics etc present in the ‘wog’ world. But of course, when it suits them, the CoS will happily tell us that they enjoy good relations with the local community.

Also, it must have caused embarrassment to the ‘church’ when all the staff kids left school without any qualifications. A couple of years before this, I was told by a 15 year old Sea Org member that she had effectively left school and wasn’t going to take any more exams. Her only pass was in French. Which was not difficult as she had been speaking French all her life.

This is one of the things that I hate the most about the CoS. It’s one thing to make a decision about your own future, but to force your children into a life of servitude and poverty, without even giving them a chance to experience anything else, is just plain evil.

Axiom142

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for the feedback Axiom142. :thumbsup: We are passing it on to the authorities.

So your data is from 93/95? correct? Anything more recent?

Thanks also for the support from Anonangl, Tamasin, & Zander

Mrs A & I will push this as hard as we can to stop this exploitation of children.

Any more recent data, anybody?

To clarify and for those who don't know: Walsh Manor near Crowbourough in Sussex is where the SO from Saint Hill are berthed. It also is home to the RPF. SO kids live there and attend Walsh Manor School which is situated on the property. It is unlikely any kids of Public Scientologists attend as Walsh Manor is an SO establishment.

It appears from the OFSTED report that for part of the day they study and for part of the day they work for the Cadet Org (similar to Melbourne) before moving on at 16 to work for the SO at St Hill.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is a pretty damning report. It seems that the whole purpose is to provide a place where children of Sea Org members can be indoctrinated before being fed to St Hill. Yes, fed as in fodder. The fact that there is no formal career guidance is hardly surprising. After all, their future for the next billion years has already been decided.

The report mentions that “There have been no complaints by parents”. Well, that’s not very likely is it? Even if there were, I doubt that any outside agency would ever get to hear about it.

When Walsh Manor was opened in 1995 (ish), the public were invited to tour the place. I went along and was told about the school. The reasons that I was given for setting it up, were that the children of staff got bullied in the state schools and that they didn’t want them to be subjected to all the drugs, out-ethics etc present in the ‘wog’ world. But of course, when it suits them, the CoS will happily tell us that they enjoy good relations with the local community.

Also, it must have caused embarrassment to the ‘church’ when all the staff kids left school without any qualifications. A couple of years before this, I was told by a 15 year old Sea Org member that she had effectively left school and wasn’t going to take any more exams. Her only pass was in French. Which was not difficult as she had been speaking French all her life.

This is one of the things that I hate the most about the CoS. It’s one thing to make a decision about your own future, but to force your children into a life of servitude and poverty, without even giving them a chance to experience anything else, is just plain evil.

Axiom142

'Nuff said. I hadn't even heard of this "school" before I joined ESMB.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron

Where i think Ofsted fail is in announcing their arrival.This is with all schools.
I have heard from my own child how the teachers run around like headless chickens prior to the Inspector coming.Repeatedely telling the children to be on their best behavior.

Unannounced inspections should be made.

We have heard many times how in the SO, things are changed rapidly, all hands on deck to make an appearance of normality.The "show" must go on.Its all a big illusion.

Jeez! They see well behaved kids.
How rare!

I was a well behaved kid in the SO, well behaved because i was scared witless to be anything other than well behaved.Well behaved or a trip to the Ethics Officer - which would you choose, when there was no choice?

asagai

Patron Meritorious

Where i think Ofsted fail is in announcing their arrival.This is with all schools.
I have heard from my own child how the teachers run around like headless chickens prior to the Inspector coming.Repeatedely telling the children to be on their best behavior.

We have heard many times how in the SO, things are changed rapidly, all hands on deck to make an appearance of normality.The "show" must go on.Its all a big illusion.

How rare!

I was a well behaved kid in the SO, well behaved because i was scared witless to be anything other than well behaved.Well behaved or a trip to the Ethics Officer - which would you choose, when there was no choice?

Exactly! In the UK the SO has a long history of faking things for inspections. I understand that Walsh Manor was set up after lies about the numbers berthed at Stonelands was exposed as being higher than the numbers reported by the SO to inspectors!

The SO moved to nearby Crowborough which my guess is under a different council authority.

So as exes we would expect this OFSTED inspection to be done under cleaned up conditions. I think the head writes up an account of the school for the inspector and if he sees nothing to the contrary, I suspect parts of the head's PR gets its way into the report.

Nevertheless despite the sanitisation the school will have done in preparation for the inspection, the inspector still itemises these serious flaws. Makes you wonder what the report would have said if he'd inspected unannounced and seen the RPF slaves and the true conditions the SO operates under.

As far as I see it, this report is another example of the exploitation exposed on Aussie TV and as Jason Beghe says the string should be pulled.

Anyone know if this OFSTED report data has been posted on ExScnKids? Anyone got recent data we can give to the authorities?

Terril park

Sponsor
The pennies just dropped. The opening page of the ofsted report said no boarding provision. I missed the bit inside where it said the children lived on the premises with their parents.

Its actually an SO establishment. Still not sure how this works with a no kids
rule in the SO.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
The pennies just dropped. The opening page of the ofsted report said no boarding provision. I missed the bit inside where it said the children lived on the premises with their parents.

rule in the SO.

Terril,

There isn't a "no kids" rule for the Sea Org. They just have to be at school age. That way, you can pack them off to school during the day and don't have to provide childcare. Yes, I know school kids should be looked after as well, but I guess that the CoS figures that the older ones can look after the younger ones while their parents are slaving away in the orgs.

Back in '86, the ED Int (Lesevre) said that there were problems with providing childcare and that it took up a lot of resources etc. So, the new rules came into force which said that any new SO members with pre-school children or existing SO members having children had to be assigned to Class IV orgs.

I know that this upset quite a few people and there were many problems when members got pregnant. I had to sit on the board of a Comm-Ev where someone was accused of deliberately getting pregnant (found not guilty as this wasn’t a crime).

The childcare facilities at St Hill were a disgrace. This basically consisted of a hut at Stonelands, with a grass (and mud) area enclosed by chicken wire. The children, many of them babies, pretty much had to fend for themselves. One time, I got a ride on the kid’s minibus. There were only two adults (including me) to look after about eight small children. And no child seats or seatbelts of course. I had to have a very lively toddler on my lap for about 5 mins.

Axiom142

asagai

Patron Meritorious

rule in the SO.

Clunk! Well done Terril. :duh:

Like I said, Walsh Manor is the SO berthing for Saint Hill. The "school" is the grooming school for the Cadet Org and the Sea Org.

I got your point about the catchment area and the kudos that St Hill has. Nevertheless, in my time, it was unusual for overseas people to come to the SO in EG with their children.

These children are either simply children of regular overseas recruits as you described, or there is something new going on where the SO is actively recruiting foreign immigrants. The UK has had a huge influx of people from countries like Poland and the SO would view immigrants, legal or illegal, as good raw meat and presumably would have to have catered for their children.

The string to pull is the percentage. 70% of the 19 children don't have English as their first language. That's 13 out of 19 children not native English-speaking! This is unusual for the SO in EG.

But all that is, for now, a minor issue unless it reveals employment of illegal immigrants or unethical employment of EC citizens.

The major points are the others that I listed, which indicate an inadequte education and child exploitation, along the lines of Melbourne.

Strings are being pulled. More data is needed by anyone with recent knowledge of Walsh Manor.

asagai

Patron Meritorious
An interesting comparison can be made with the inspection of Greenfields School (non SO)

http://www.isi.net/report/1571.htm

Greenfields is a member of the Independent Schools Council whereas of course Walsh Manor is not as it nowhere near meets their standards for membership.

It contrasts well the difference between treatment of Public Scientology families and SO Scientology families.

It seems that Walsh Manor, being an "Independent School" falls outside the regulation of the State Education system, but does not fall within the Independent regulatory system. It seems the SO children are not being protected by either body.

Strings are being pulled .....

Neo

When I started on staff at Melbourne Org there were no children on staff. I think there were around 45 - 50 adult staff at the time. Around about three years later they started to recruit the children. Perhaps they were reaching a recruitable age at similar times. Mostly I think it was because they were struggling to recruit adults.

When I was recruited onto staff it was all about IGN Bulletin 44 'Wake Up Call' where DM talks about the need to hurry up in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks (or was he just creating a dangerous environment?). This, together with the staff number requirements from the GAT, were what were being heavily pushed in the last few years I was on staff to create the Ideal Org, and to make it Saint Hill size. Minimum of 120 staff, including 20 Class V auditors.

Because of the struggle to recruit adults, children were being targeted. They were all children of current staff members. Four of them started at 12 years of age. Three of them are still 13. A few of them started at 14 or 15.

From the Bulletin:

Today we do have many large organizations. But all of
them must expand and be large. No org can 'wait to do
better' before they get big. The way to do better is to get big.
An org with a few dozen staff will struggle. With 200, it will
thrive and really expand. After all, it takes numbers
to perform the full role of a Scientology Church. Lots of
auditors. Lots of supervisors. Lots of people to lecture and
provide introductory services. Lots of people to further
disseminate in their communities. And the administrative
staff to hat and train those staff, and keep the lines
administered so they can provide Scientology services.

And beyond even that, it also requires we expand by
establishing many more Churches, each one in turn
composed of large numbers. 10,000 missions and 1,000
Class V orgs is not just a nice figure to postulate in the
future. It must become a reality. But again, that requires
every Scientologist doing their part. In other words, it
requires YOU.

Children would be getting recruited at all orgs, if that is what it takes for them to make these numbers. All orgs are expected to become an Ideal Org, and here on the outside we know how unfeasible that is - but they don't see it that way.

The reality of the Melbourne scene is - 1 Class V Org, with currently about 75 on Day and 10 on Fdn. 4 Class V auditors, with 2 more in internships. Both of these 2 have taken 5 years to reach this level. At this rate, even with the numbers already recruited, the Ideal number of auditors is over 5 years away.

1 Mission, which sells maybe half a dozen books per week. 1 Life Improvement centre which does better, especially with the purif.

Between 50-100 (varies weekly) on study per week. Sometimes much less.

About 6 Clears made in the last 5 years.

So, perhaps a wakeup call to DM - something here isn't working (Scientology perhaps?). Children are not the solution to your problem. They are children. The world is watching you on this issue.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I started on staff at Melbourne Org there were no children on staff. I think there were around 45 - 50 adult staff at the time. Around about three years later they started to recruit the children. Perhaps they were reaching a recruitable age at similar times. Mostly I think it was because they were struggling to recruit adults.

When I was recruited onto staff it was all about IGN Bulletin 44 'Wake Up Call' where DM talks about the need to hurry up in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks (or was he just creating a dangerous environment?). This, together with the staff number requirements from the GAT, were what were being heavily pushed in the last few years I was on staff to create the Ideal Org, and to make it Saint Hill size. Minimum of 120 staff, including 20 Class V auditors.

Because of the struggle to recruit adults, children were being targeted. They were all children of current staff members. Four of them started at 12 years of age. Three of them are still 13. A few of them started at 14 or 15.

From the Bulletin:

Children would be getting recruited at all orgs, if that is what it takes for them to make these numbers. All orgs are expected to become an Ideal Org, and here on the outside we know how unfeasible that is - but they don't see it that way.

The reality of the Melbourne scene is - 1 Class V Org, with currently about 75 on Day and 10 on Fdn. 4 Class V auditors, with 2 more in internships. Both of these 2 have taken 5 years to reach this level. At this rate, even with the numbers already recruited, the Ideal number of auditors is over 5 years away.

1 Mission, which sells maybe half a dozen books per week. 1 Life Improvement centre which does better, especially with the purif.

Between 50-100 (varies weekly) on study per week. Sometimes much less.

About 6 Clears made in the last 5 years.

So, perhaps a wakeup call to DM - something here isn't working (Scientology perhaps?). Children are not the solution to your problem. They are children. The world is watching you on this issue.

Very interesting Neo.

Six clears in five years isn't going to clear the planet very fast.

I used to think that the struggling orgs were just a peculiarity of the UK, and that things must be much better everywhere else. After all, we were constantly being told how the stats were going through the roof all the time. And it must be true, because it was all these super-ethical, super-able beings who were telling us. :duh:

Actually, from the numbers that you have given, I would say that Melbourne is doing somewhat better than almost every UK Class V org, but still well below what would be expected if Scientology policies really did work.

I like the idea of a ‘Wake Up Call’. Perhaps we could write an SCN (Scientology Critics Network) Bulletin No. 1, ‘Scientologists Wake the F**k Up’? In which we could list all the major outpoints and suggest that Miscavige be immediately sacked and investigated for criminal acts. This could be sent to all orgs and missions on the Planet. If we kept it truthful and accurate, I’m sure someone would listen.

Oh, and a belated Very Well Done for getting the situation at Melbourne in the public eye. :thumbsup:

And, I hardly need to say it, but I will anyway, another Very Well Done to Emma for bringing us all together. :thankyou:

When the CoS gets brought down, it will only be because people such as yourself and Emms (and others obviously), had the guts and determination to do something about it.

Axiom142

Neo

thanks Axiom142 :)

Although the stats mentioned for Melbourne are not all that good, this is the Birthday Game winning Org for the last 2 years in a row for ANZO. I think they won it 3 out of the last 4 years, coming 2nd the other year. No other Class V Orgs in Australia created any Clears in those 5 years that I am aware of. In fact, most of their PCs come to Melbourne to get audited.

I fell for the hype whilst I was in, but since reading posts here about how things were in Melbourne in the early days, especially from what Alan has written, I see that the reality is vastly different. Scientology is not booming. And the world doesn't need Scientology's help, so what difference does it make anyway. Well, if it wasn't for the issue of the children, maybe it wouldn't make any difference.

It's a house of cards. Just knock out the correct card.

Neo

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
I like the idea of a ‘Wake Up Call’. Perhaps we could write an SCN (Scientology Critics Network) Bulletin No. 1, ‘Scientologists Wake the F**k Up’? In which we could list all the major outpoints and suggest that Miscavige be immediately sacked and investigated for criminal acts. This could be sent to all orgs and missions on the Planet. If we kept it truthful and accurate, I’m sure someone would listen.

Axiom142

Yes, this is a great idea....a "Wake - Up Call" to SCN ....worth putting it on Enturb Axiom...pitch it--those guys are like production machines....

Terril park

Sponsor
Clunk! Well done Terril. :duh:

Like I said, Walsh Manor is the SO berthing for Saint Hill. The "school" is the grooming school for the Cadet Org and the Sea Org.

I got your point about the catchment area and the kudos that St Hill has. Nevertheless, in my time, it was unusual for overseas people to come to the SO in EG with their children.

These children are either simply children of regular overseas recruits as you described, or there is something new going on where the SO is actively recruiting foreign immigrants. The UK has had a huge influx of people from countries like Poland and the SO would view immigrants, legal or illegal, as good raw meat and presumably would have to have catered for their children.

The string to pull is the percentage. 70% of the 19 children don't have English as their first language. That's 13 out of 19 children not native English-speaking! This is unusual for the SO in EG.

But all that is, for now, a minor issue unless it reveals employment of illegal immigrants or unethical employment of EC citizens.

The major points are the others that I listed, which indicate an inadequte education and child exploitation, along the lines of Melbourne.

Strings are being pulled. More data is needed by anyone with recent knowledge of Walsh Manor.

There has been comment on how Flag has been recruiting staff in eastern europe and they end up in the SO without their passports. I would imagine this would also happen at St.Hill.
However about 4 months ago on an open day at St Hill, under the auspices ofthe Sussex tourist board, no non native speakers were around. I was last on lines there in 1991 or so.
My impression was that about half the people there were not english. Receptionists were multi lingual.Mostly german as I recall. If you look at current completions list there are very few english names.

Scientology has not penetrated far into Poland. I only know of two polish FZers. They know of few polish churchies Iwould imagine that Hungary and former Russian states would be the bulk of eastern european reccruitment. Much activity by COS there. Also I'm sure many from germany
would stil lbe there.

Greenfields, and in fact family ofcommitted scientologists
has been a lucrative recruit pool.

Terril park

Sponsor

How rare!

I invented a scale:-

lies
Damned lies
Statistics
COS PR

Maybe we can add SO PR?

Is there in fact an actual school there? That the COS
would spend money required for such an institution is
extremely unusual.

My guess is that in having to account for children's schooling to the authorities they had to invent one?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
There has been comment on how Flag has been recruiting staff in eastern europe and they end up in the SO without their passports. I would imagine this would also happen at St.Hill.
However about 4 months ago on an open day at St Hill, under the auspices ofthe Sussex tourist board, no non native speakers were around. I was last on lines there in 1991 or so.
My impression was that about half the people there were not english. Receptionists were multi lingual.Mostly german as I recall. If you look at current completions list there are very few english names.

Scientology has not penetrated far into Poland. I only know of two polish FZers. They know of few polish churchies Iwould imagine that Hungary and former Russian states would be the bulk of eastern european reccruitment. Much activity by COS there. Also I'm sure many from germany would stil lbe there.

Greenfields, and in fact family ofcommitted scientologists has been a lucrative recruit pool.

They must be doing badly then, because I've met the guy who claims to have taken Scn behind the Iron Curtain before the fall of the Soviet Union (Alan Ambrose). Clearly they haven't made much progress in all that time.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

Is there in fact an actual school there? That the COS
would spend money required for such an institution is
extremely unusual.

My guess is that in having to account for children's schooling to the authorities they had to invent one?

Well, there is a school building there. Can't imagine that they wouldn't actually run a school, or would they?

Axiom142

Attachments

• School Building.jpg
    School Building.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 46