What's new

Scientology & Children: What is a Child Audit, Process and Security Check? Discussion

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology & Children: What is a Child Audit, Process and Security Check? Discus

Reading through the book Child Dianetics..one quick observation is how NEGATIVE it all is. Full of comments about parents fighting, children being overly dramatic or sullen, children being accident prone (sounds more like you dont want your kids to play and run around and just be kids!) mothers wanting abortions or thinking their children are ugly..none of this seems at all healthy.

Anonycat

Crusader
Re: Scientology & Children: What is a Child Audit, Process and Security Check? Discus

Reading through the book Child Dianetics..one quick observation is how NEGATIVE it all is. Full of comments about parents fighting, children being overly dramatic or sullen, children being accident prone (sounds more like you dont want your kids to play and run around and just be kids!) mothers wanting abortions or thinking their children are ugly..none of this seems at all healthy.

It's horrible. I think what a big deal it is to a child to ask them even one or two blunt questions, but dozens in a row? Cruel and traumatic.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

If I recall correctly, Child Dianetics was not written by LRH, and therefore not studied. I think Mary Sue wrote it. It has not been in use since the 80's or so.

Unless DM re-re-re-re-released it.... somehow....

MissWog

If I recall correctly, Child Dianetics was not written by LRH, and therefore not studied. I think Mary Sue wrote it. It has not been in use since the 80's or so.

Thank you & good to know! Just the intro was credited to LRH..the rest said it was based on lectures and compiled. A little Internet search and I see folks are upset on fb that this book is no longer sold. I guess it got too much bad PR.

Might anyone know if there is anything out there online that shows how a child auditor hatted? Or any more recent examples of a child session? The example sessions were helpful but if it is not done that way anymore I'd like to know more about what is done today.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Thank you & good to know! Just the intro was credited to LRH..the rest said it was based on lectures and compiled. A little Internet search and I see folks are upset on fb that this book is no longer sold. I guess it got too much bad PR.

Might anyone know if there is anything out there online that shows how a child auditor hatted? Or any more recent examples of a child session? The example sessions were helpful but if it is not done that way anymore I'd like to know more about what is done today.

There is no specific training for auditing children. From what you have probably already surmised from Scn, they do not consider children any different than an adult, in most cases. "grow up", "figure it out" and such things are common. No-one takes the time to explain things. They expect you to remember from your previous lives, I guess.

The other thing is that the actual technology of auditing has not really changed. Its the same basic technology, just "lost tech" being found by DM. He is trying to find ways to streamline and speed up training of auditors. Hard to believe, with how much he keeps sending people back to start over. Its ridiculous in a big way.

The auditing of children essentially comes from a book/binder that was released in the 90's sometime. I am not sure if it has been updated, but it is basically excerpts from different LRH references and is the entrance point to auditing. This book is processes that can be done on anyone new to Scientology, no matter the age, but the directing of which processes are done is advised by the Case Supervisor.

------

I am not trying to complicate your thread, or your question, but I think you may mean to ask about children in the Sea Org and how they are audited and treated currently. Children of public Scientologists would pay for auditing and get these light processes that hook them in and turn them into die-hard Scinos who would leave their family and everything for Scn. Kids know nothing else.

Sea Org does not have children anymore. At least not the young ones that they had when I was in. I think now the youngest may be 10 years old, but it may have to be older even now. If they have any children in, they are in the Cadet Org until they are at least 14 or 15. At that age, they will be recruited to join the Sea Org. If they join, they are supposed to be put on full time training (which does not always work out, and this is where CPS needs to catch them) until they are old enough to hold a post.

Hope this helps some.

I hope it keeps people away.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

In my experience, auditing a child is done pretty much the same as any auditing. As Bea commented, it requires high ARC and a light touch but so does auditing very upset (ARCXn) adults. The rule of thumb is, the worse off the Case, the more ARC and light touch required.

Word Clearing is usually done with a method where you work with the child to ensure understanding of auditing commands/questions and help them understand the words being used.

Best ever experience auditing a kid about 10 years old;

Auditor: "If you could communicate to your Father (a Sea Org Exec), what would you say?"

Kid: "Fuck off!"

(Momentary pause whilst I consider whether that's something he'd say to his Dad or is he telling me, the Auditor, to Fuck Off?)

Auditor: OK!

Kid: (Big smile, big floating needle) "I'd really love to tell him to "Fuck off!" maybe I can do it by telling him it was a session win!" (gales of laughter - known as "line charge" in scientology for about 5 minutes - end of session.)

Last edited:

MissWog

Thank you Bea! Feel free to write ANYTHING in this thread, please! You are totally helping me understand!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

She's the Bea's Kneas when it comes to this stuff. :)

Gib

Crusader

no, not re released.

MSH is to be erased from history. LOL, it's true.

Gib

Crusader

In my experience, auditing a child is done pretty much the same as any auditing. As Bea commented, it requires high ARC and a light touch but so does auditing very upset (ARCXn) adults. The rule of thumb is, the worse off the Case, the more ARC and light touch required.

Word Clearing is usually done with a method where you work with the child to ensure understanding of auditing commands/questions and help them understand the words being used.

Best ever experience auditing a kid about 10 years old;

Auditor: "If you could communicate to your Father (a Sea Org Exec), what would you say?"

Kid: "Fuck off!"

(Momentary pause whilst I consider whether that's something he'd say to his Dad or is he telling me, the Auditor, to Fuck Off?)

Auditor: OK!

Kid: (Big smile, big floating needle) "I'd really love to tell him to "Fuck off!" maybe I can do it by telling him it was a session win!" (gales of laughter - known as "line charge" in scientology for about 5 minutes - end of session.)

TOOOOOOOO funnnnnny. :laugh:

That would be from my current viewpoint, there is no case or reactive mind.

So a person comes into session and is all upset or whatever, what the person is actually experiencing is da shit no work,

so a light touch is needed to convince the person to continue. :yes:

And all of hubbard's endless significance (that would be training to Class 12 auditor) to handle a "case" is downright BS. Since there is no "case" to begin with, it's all mocked up by Hubbard and he got us to mock it up. LOL

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Lol, it's ONLY the rule-of-:thumbsup: within the scientology paradigm. :)

Same goes for things like Case, Floating Needle, Line Charge etc.

Doesn't that "Fuck off, Dad" tell you that there was "something" there?

Gib

Crusader

Lol, it's ONLY the rule-of-:thumbsup: within the scientology paradigm. :)

Same goes for things like Case, Floating Needle, Line Charge etc.

Doesn't that "Fuck off, Dad" tell you that there was "something" there?

It's funny, I look at Floating Needle, line charge as pure evaluation and BS.

I watch a good movie and I'm happy, a good comedy and I line charge, a good conversation here with somebody and I'm happy, a good conversation with a "wog" I'm happy,

I don't need no stinking "meter" to indicate I have a F/N or floating Tone Arm or "line charge". :yes:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Neither do I. Still, these things are observable phenomena in auditing as well as in life. :)

tetloj

Thank you for the reply! Wow, that seems like way too much to even grasp at such a young age. I also do think your experience is very relivent to what I was asking about "today".. I really was just trying to focus on modern day and not so much chain lockers on the Apollo, only bc it can be dismissed as treatment of children in the past and it could be argued that those were the old days and such things have been reformed.

Clearly Leah is thinking the way she was raised is relevant to how children are raised today.

I think Leah could reasonably have expected that any processing of her daughter - under whatever guise - would have meant questions about Leah or trying to undermine that mother-daughter relationship

Nicole

I was born and raised in the cult and my mother was a highly trained auditor. With that being said, I've never had child sec-checking.

What I experienced was a lot of TRs and Objectives type stuff. And when on the cans, it was usually ARC breaks and withholds. Light stuff. Also, they can't force you to audit. The child has to be willing to "be" there and be audited. My mother struggled with this because I never wanted to sit in session. It was boring to me. I would come to her, however when it felt like my life was having trouble, but again, it was just the light stuff.

I would have been a poster child for sec-checking, but I never received it and from what I and society can tell, I grew into a fairly normal self-determined individual without it.

Maybe you had luck that your mother was your auditor... :)
I remember forced auditings. I got sec checked, because imo I was always a rebell and didn't cooperate very well. I lived by my "Wog" mother. She had the custody, maybe that was a reason too. I never did something by my own choice. I hated it and wanted to do different things on my own.

I still hate it to do "forced" things or anybody tells me what to do and how to do. But sometimes in life I have to do it. Maybe it is a result of it.

Nicole

In Germany Child Dianetics doesn't get published anymore (you can buy it Second Hand).

But eg in the (German) Scientology Handbook are parts of it inside.

A link to the English one, maybe someone has a better one.

http://www.scientologyhandbook.org/children/SH14.HTM

Edit: I had a look at one German Scientology Onlinestore and you still can find the book overthere. http://www.primabuch.com/produkte/hardcover/kinder-dianetik-ehrlichkeit-und-vertrauen-familie.html

Last edited: