What's new

Scientology clergy force a mother to choose: son or daughter

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Daily Mail of London weighs in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...family-apart-forcing-choose-son-daughter.html

Daily Mail :::::
It had an average daily circulation of 1,991,275 copies in April 2012. Between June and December 2011 it had an average daily readership of approximately 4.371 million, of whom approximately 2.803 million were in the ABC1 demographic and 1.596 million in the C2DE demographic. It has over 100 million unique visitors per month to its website. (Wikipedia)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Now that is damning.
:yes:
From earlier in the thread. Even more damning in context.

Scientology denies mother permission to see son after son threatens to commit suicide

Posting picture again to add some necessary context. Think about this.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...-no-choice-but-to-disconnect-from-son/2170293
Scientology denies it orders disconnection. This letter undermines that claim. In June 2012, a few days after Nick Lister threatened suicide, his mother, Sara Goldberg, wrote Mike Ellis asking for permission to stay connected to Lister, a supressive person. She said he needed her. Ellis' reply is clear: No.
disconnection-letter-from-scientology.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I just walked outside to get my copy of the SP Times and this is what was staring back at me:

Sara1_zps0c7c034f.jpg

It get's even better though. :biggrin:

That's just the beginning.

This story takes up ALL of 2 other full pages plus 80% of a 3'rd page. :clap:

OSA probably has been engaged in an All Hands buying up as many of these papers locally as they can and putting them through the shredder.

Attachments

• Sara2_zps3f0e1577.jpg
    Sara2_zps3f0e1577.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 43

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Actually in a weird way, it is "voluntary."

You can choose (1) to think for yourself, decide your own future, make your own decisions, including being connected and close to the people you love,

OR

you can choose (2) to be connected to the CoS and NOT connected to the people you love. Can't have both. Your choice.

Here's hoping more and more people will make the first choice... fuck the CoS.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is heart breaking but they are both OT8s! They should have seen this coming.

When my wife was routing out of OSA I was called in to see her Commanding Officer. She wanted me to convince my wife to stay. Little did she know I hated what Scientology has become and I freaking hated LA. At first she was nice and said " If she leaves she will be in treason." I responded "Yes I know." Then I was asked what I thought about it. I said " It is her choice and if she wants out, let her out." Then she threatened me and said "you will be in treason too because you're connected to her." I just looked at her and said "SO!" "Are you not worried that you will not have eternity?" she asked. I just looked at her and said " We are all eternal and nobody can take that away. I am leaving because I have other things to do." I walked out and two days later she was routed out of the sea org.

My point is this: The sea org, class 4 orgs, OTs, DM, Scietologists, etc., etc., are POWERLESS if you don't care what they think.

Very well said.

for the lurkers and anyone on the fence:

Your "power" comes from you and your connection to the Great Infinite (whatever you want call it...); they have ONLY the power that YOU GIVE THEM.

Take it back. Direct it to some much more worthy direction, please!

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
There was a similar situation regarding my XBF (of whom I have written much about elsewhere) and me, so many years ago.

He was an est graduate and I of course was a Scientologist. The MAA was not comfortable with it, but didn't press the issue. (If I was on staff, that would have been different.)

But it did help drive a wedge between us, nontheless.

Helena

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Now that is damning.
:yes:

Beyond just "damning". Here is a letter, signed by the IJC, universally acknowledged as being THE senior officer of the church in the area of ethics and justice, openly and with no possible ambiguity TELLING a mother that she is not permitted to be connected to her son, a son who had recently been suicidal.

Show this document to any judge after any Scientology staff member denies the existence of disconnection as an enforced policy, and that staff member will find himself charged with perjury.

This is not just any foot-bullet. This is a "just blew off both legs above the knees" shot.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I just walked outside to get my copy of the SP Times and this is what was staring back at me:

Sara1_zps0c7c034f.jpg

It get's even better though. :biggrin:

That's just the beginning.

This story takes up ALL of 2 other full pages plus 80% of a 3'rd page. :clap:

OSA probably has been engaged in an All Hands buying up as many of these papers locally as they can and putting them through the shredder.

Oh, this is juicier than you think. A front-page article, in a major newspaper sold all over the Flag Land Base area, with the IJC letter. Scn Int has just been served with notice that this letter from IJC is being treated as an authentic communication from the IJC. They have no credible way to deny that they didn't know of it.

If they do not, Monday, send notice to the paper from their lawyers that this letter is a forgery, then that will be seen, by any court, as their acceptance of the validity of the letter.

This is IED-level foot-bomb.

AnonKat

Crusader
Just listen to the fearless Leader of Anonymous: Nothing to see here, all is well.

[video=youtube;n3czQxy3DbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3czQxy3DbQ[/video]

Oh, this is juicier than you think. A front-page article, in a major newspaper sold all over the Flag Land Base area, with the IJC letter. Scn Int has just been served with notice that this letter from IJC is being treated as an authentic communication from the IJC. They have no credible way to deny that they didn't know of it.

If they do not, Monday, send notice to the paper from their lawyers that this letter is a forgery, then that will be seen, by any court, as their acceptance of the validity of the letter.

Lone Star

Crusader

Oh goody!!! An acquaintance of mine is at Flag right now. I hope this impinges. LOL....

Unfortunately it probably won't. He'll just be told that Sara is 1.1 and the SPs are using her to do damage to Scn. because they're angry about the Super Power bldg. opening. And he'll believe every damn word. Probably even give a bit more to the IAS. :eyeroll:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow - talk about Suppressing Scientology~! Goldberg's delivered a HUGE BLOW! THANK YOU!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::cheerleader::cheerleader::hifive::hifive::goodposting::goodposting::lol::lol::dance3:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh goody!!! An acquaintance of mine is at Flag right now. I hope this impinges. LOL....

Unfortunately it probably won't. He'll just be told that Sara is 1.1 and the SPs are using her to do damage to Scn. because they're angry about the Super Power bldg. opening. And he'll believe every damn word. Probably even give a bit more to the IAS. :eyeroll:

Yes, that may work if there were only a few...but there are tons of SP's getting DECLARED daily. It will crack their bubble...believe me! You never what story is going to shatter it...they are human and can only take so much of the lies. SP Declares are straight up and vertical! Clears, OT's, trained auditor's, people coming in - Nada, zip, zero!

freethinker

Sponsor
The thing to do now is to find people who have had IJC send them a letter, for any reason, and compare the signatures and letter head. In fact, I probably have one myself but I don't know if it was Mike Ellis at the time, but anyone who has one in recent times, who is no longer amenable to the policies of the CULT, should dig it up and present it for a chance to hold the BUSINESS of Scientology accountable.

Now that it is likely to be on record that they are a business and violating Constitutional rights, the more light shed, the better. :yes:

Gadfly

Crusader
Beyond just "damning". Here is a letter, signed by the IJC, universally acknowledged as being THE senior officer of the church in the area of ethics and justice, openly and with no possible ambiguity TELLING a mother that she is not permitted to be connected to her son, a son who had recently been suicidal.

Show this document to any judge after any Scientology staff member denies the existence of disconnection as an enforced policy, and that staff member will find himself charged with perjury.

This is not just any foot-bullet. This is a "just blew off both legs above the knees" shot.

It has been COMMON PRACTICE for MANY years for IJC to send such letters.

Below are copies of two letters from two different IJCs ordering me NOT to communicate with ANY Scientologists when I was declared an SP. The letter from 1997 was sent to me because I sent Christmas cards to my two children who were both in the Sea Org at the time. The letters were intercepted by HCO. It is VERY clear that disconnection exists, and has existed for MANY years.

"not to be in comm with Scientologists"

"Do not send comm to our staff or Scientologists".

Communicating with a declared SP is considered a suppressive act, and dealt with accordingly. In the same letter it said (they ALWAYS say this as it is straight Hubbard quotes from the Ethics book):

"But first and foremost you need to cease any suppressive acts or suppression of Scientologists . . . ".

She was obviously referring to communicating!

The second is of a letter my son was coached to send to me while he was still in the Sea Org. The return address on the envelope was "503 Cleveland Street, Clearwater, FL 33755" - which is Flag.

As my son said, and which he did for many years following the clear instructions of Hubbard and the Church of Scientology:

"I wish to cut our communication until you actually and honestly get back in good standing with the Church of Scientology".

The last letter from IJC, from 2006, was sent to me after I had run into my son while he was on "libs". We talked for about 5 minutes. He reported this encounter, ad I immediately received this stupid letter. She makes it very clear that it is NOT permissible to communicate with my son, and again lets me know that it was a suppressive act to do so.

I would be glad to provide these letters to ANY lawyer who is seriously suing the Church of Scientology or to any reporter acting to build more evidence that the Church of Scientology behaves in this way, continually, and that they LIE when they say that they do not.

I have saved these for years knowing someday they might be useful to PROVE what Scientology does to force disconnection, and that it has practiced organized LYING for many decades.

Note: I have blocked out my name and my son's name.

Attachments

• ijc1.jpg
    ijc1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 44
  • ijc12.jpg
    ijc12.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 48
  • letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 46