What's new

Scientology clergy force a mother to choose: son or daughter

betskand

Patron with Honors
Just listen to the fearless Leader of Anonymous: Nothing to see here, all is well.

[video=youtube;n3czQxy3DbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3czQxy3DbQ[/video]
I really wish this video or the verbal transcription of it would accompany EVERY mention of the Goldberg story in the media. The one piece of info that is not stressed enough in this story is "Not only do they do it, BUT THEY LIED ABOUT IT ON CNN."

ADDITION BY EDIT: And they continue to lie. I just read the stupid response of CO$, that disconnection is "voluntary." One step up from Tommy Dee's outrageous lie in the above video, in which he claims that the policy simply doesn't exist, that it would violate CO$' pro-family position. But still.

I guess I'm saying that the LIES are news too, and I wish that bit of news were included in all stories about disconnection. Anonkat reminded us of that by running the video, as though to say: this is not complete without the fact of the disclaimers.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It has been COMMON PRACTICE for MANY years for IJC to send such letters.

Below are copies of two letters from two different IJCs ordering me NOT to communicate with ANY Scientologists when I was declared an SP. The letter from 1997 was sent to me because I sent Christmas cards to my two children who were both in the Sea Org at the time. The letters were intercepted by HCO. It is VERY clear that disconnection exists, and has existed for MANY years.

"not to be in comm with Scientologists"

"Do not send comm to our staff or Scientologists".

Communicating with a declared SP is considered a suppressive act, and dealt with accordingly. In the same letter it said (they ALWAYS say this as it is straight Hubbard quotes from the Ethics book):

"But first and foremost you need to cease any suppressive acts or suppression of Scientologists . . . ".

She was obviously referring to communicating!

The second is of a letter my son was coached to send to me while he was still in the Sea Org. The return address on the envelope was "503 Cleveland Street, Clearwater, FL 33755" - which is Flag.

As my son said, and which he did for many years following the clear instructions of Hubbard and the Church of Scientology:

"I wish to cut our communication until you actually and honestly get back in good standing with the Church of Scientology".

The last letter from IJC, from 2006, was sent to me after I had run into my son while he was on "libs". We talked for about 5 minutes. He reported this encounter, ad I immediately received this stupid letter. She makes it very clear that it is NOT permissible to communicate with my son, and again lets me know that it was a suppressive act to do so.

I would be glad to provide these letters to ANY lawyer who is seriously suing the Church of Scientology or to any reporter acting to build more evidence that the Church of Scientology behaves in this way, continually, and that they LIE when they say that they do not.

I have saved these for years knowing someday they might be useful to PROVE what Scientology does to force disconnection, and that it has practiced organized LYING for many decades.

Note: I have blocked out my name and my son's name.

The last letter is especially damning, as she openly and explicitly tells you that you are forbidden to communicate with Scientologists.

If there's another lawsuit where church reps deny the existence of disconnection as a practice, the collection of letters from various persons will serve as evidence of perjury on their part.

Gadfly

Crusader
Here are larger copies (easier to view). I am sure MANY people have saved such letters from IJC and from their family members.

ijc12_zpsfb379ea3.jpg

letter_zpse4661f52.jpg

ijc1_zps205ec048.jpg

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I would not wait for a reporter to come knocking... I would offer in case the writer at the Tampa Bay paper wants to do a follow up.

Are your children in or out? Either way are you back in touch with them? I hope so. They come from good stock & need to realize how hard that was for you.

I wonder how much it would cost to put up billboards with photos of "disconnected" family members up & down the main roads into/out of Clearwater & around flag. After all it would be "free speech". Photos with "victims of Scientology disconnection policy" "please call home... we love you!"

If I win the lottery I will pay for a year worth!

Gadfly

Crusader
I would not wait for a reporter to come knocking... I would offer in case the writer at the Tampa Bay paper wants to do a follow up.

Are your children in or out? Either way are you back in touch with them? I hope so. They come from good stock & need to realize how hard that was for you.

I wonder how much it would cost to put up billboards with photos of "disconnected" family members up & down the main roads into/out of Clearwater & around flag. After all it would be "free speech". Photos with "victims of Scientology disconnection policy" "please call home... we love you!"

If I win the lottery I will pay for a year worth!

I have thought the same thing! If I ever won the lottery I would put up billboards in all or most major cities, where there is any Scientology presence, with things such as actual disconnection letters from IJC and family members. :thumbsup:

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have thought the same thing! If I ever won the lottery I would put up billboards in all or most major cities, where there is any Scientology presence, with things such as actual disconnection letters from IJC and family members. :thumbsup:

I awoke this morning imagining a Disconnection Museum - like the Holocaust Museum.

freethinker

Sponsor
Wow, that second one must have been tough to read. Surprisingly it isn't all wrinkled but that probably didn't come to mind when you read it. It's hard to get angry when you have been shot like that. Sorry man.

Here are larger copies (easier to view). I am sure MANY people have saved such letters from IJC and from their family members.

ijc12_zpsfb379ea3.jpg

letter_zpse4661f52.jpg

ijc1_zps205ec048.jpg

MissWog

It has been COMMON PRACTICE for MANY years for IJC to send such letters.

Below are copies of two letters from two different IJCs ordering me NOT to communicate with ANY Scientologists when I was declared an SP. The letter from 1997 was sent to me because I sent Christmas cards to my two children who were both in the Sea Org at the time. The letters were intercepted by HCO. It is VERY clear that disconnection exists, and has existed for MANY years.

"not to be in comm with Scientologists"

"Do not send comm to our staff or Scientologists".

Communicating with a declared SP is considered a suppressive act, and dealt with accordingly. In the same letter it said (they ALWAYS say this as it is straight Hubbard quotes from the Ethics book):

"But first and foremost you need to cease any suppressive acts or suppression of Scientologists . . . ".

She was obviously referring to communicating!

The second is of a letter my son was coached to send to me while he was still in the Sea Org. The return address on the envelope was "503 Cleveland Street, Clearwater, FL 33755" - which is Flag.

As my son said, and which he did for many years following the clear instructions of Hubbard and the Church of Scientology:

"I wish to cut our communication until you actually and honestly get back in good standing with the Church of Scientology".

The last letter from IJC, from 2006, was sent to me after I had run into my son while he was on "libs". We talked for about 5 minutes. He reported this encounter, ad I immediately received this stupid letter. She makes it very clear that it is NOT permissible to communicate with my son, and again lets me know that it was a suppressive act to do so.

I would be glad to provide these letters to ANY lawyer who is seriously suing the Church of Scientology or to any reporter acting to build more evidence that the Church of Scientology behaves in this way, continually, and that they LIE when they say that they do not.

I have saved these for years knowing someday they might be useful to PROVE what Scientology does to force disconnection, and that it has practiced organized LYING for many decades.

Note: I have blocked out my name and my son's name.
Oh Gaddy..that is heartbreaking :touched:

betskand

Patron with Honors
The last letter is especially damning, as she openly and explicitly tells you that you are forbidden to communicate with Scientologists.

If there's another lawsuit where church reps deny the existence of disconnection as a practice, the collection of letters from various persons will serve as evidence of perjury on their part.
Yes, exactly! I think these lies should come to be a big part of the legal problems and the "PR" problems CO$ has. It is an ADDITIONAL crime to the original crimes of forcing people to disconnect, letting people die, and so on.

The word "perjury" should be much more widely used.

betskand

Patron with Honors
Oh, Gadfly...how awful.

I really hope people have saved these letters. Every time CO$ gives out another lie claiming that disconnection is voluntary or that it doesn't occur at all (as in Tommy Dee's stupid CNN interview), it would be lovely if the normal media accompanied the story of the disconnection with a SECOND story about the LIES, including some documentation.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

::::::::News Update::::::

Good Morning America filmed Sara Goldberg and Nick all morning.

Brace for Impact ........4 million viewers will learn of Church thuggery and Disconnection enforcement on SUPPRESSIVE PERSON DECLARE
tomorrow morning.

Good Morning America is ABC TV networked throughout continental USA
... ooooh la la:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I awoke this morning imagining a Disconnection Museum - like the Holocaust Museum.

Add suicides, early deaths, bankruptcies, foreclosures, cancer and shattered beings to the museum. It would make the "Industry of Death" exhibit that no one sees (because they can't find buildings in Ideal Org Cities that will rent to the cult) look like a kids game!

Anonycat

Crusader

::::::::News Update::::::

Good Morning America filmed Sara Goldberg and Nick all morning.

Brace for Impact ........4 million viewers will learn of Church thuggery and Disconnection enforcement on SUPPRESSIVE PERSON DECLARE
tomorrow morning.

Good Morning America is ABC TV networked throughout continental USA
... ooooh la la:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:

From 3 days ago --

NEW YORK (AP) — Fueled by the Oscars, ABC's "Good Morning America" is celebrating its most-watched week in nearly 23 years. The Nielsen company said Thursday that ABC's morning show averaged 6.3 million viewers last week, the most since the company began keeping electronic records in 1991. ABC's Monday telecast from Los Angeles the morning after the Academy Awards had nearly 7.2 million people watching the show.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/13/good-morning-america-ratings-best-week_n_4957535.html

“Good Morning America” had its most-watched week ever among total viewers, or at least since Nielsen’s electronic records began in 1991. The No. 1 morning show drew nearly 6.3 million viewers. It was the show’s best week in the A25-54 demo in eight years. A boost from the Academy Awards Sunday, March 2 helped give “GMA” its big week. In fact, last Monday’s show was its most-watched since the royal wedding in April, 2011.

https://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/category/morning-show-ratings

I just walked outside to get my copy of the SP Times and this is what was staring back at me:

Sara1_zps0c7c034f.jpg

It get's even better though. :biggrin:

That's just the beginning.

This story takes up ALL of 2 other full pages plus 80% of a 3'rd page. :clap:

OSA probably has been engaged in an All Hands buying up as many of these papers locally as they can and putting them through the shredder.

Looks like SP times know about censorship and self censorship of the scilons so have put the biggest possible picture of the well known scilion-now-ex right on top front WHERE THEY CANNOT POSSIBLY NOT SEE IT,
AND!!! HOLDING THE PIC OF HER FAMILY!!
How effing cool is that?? :clap::clap::clap:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
The interview taped for GMA should be on line about 2 minutes after it airs live.... I will be waiting with bells on! Have to work so will snag off the web.

This is going to be so good.... of course the sciobots will not allow any TVs on during that time, children will be told to avert their eyes from all the news stands & no one will be allowed to use the internet.

AND these folks are all about communication?!?

Of course they are!

:duh:

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tampa Bay Times shush and be quiet.
There is no such thing as Disconnection !

http://youtu.be/krky3vx61gM

This makes me wonder if the New Zealand inquiry has historical records of disconnection dox available.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/audit/foster01.html#nz

(ii) New Zealand

24. On 28th June 1968, a Petition was presented to the New Zealand Parliament signed by 716 persons and asking for an Enquiry into Scientology. Parliament referred it to the Select Committee on Social Services; after hearing a substantial volume of evidence this Committee reported to the House on 7th November 1968 recommending the appointment of an Enquiry as prayed. The House having agreed to the Committee's recommendations, there was set up by Order in Council dated 3rd February 1969 a Commission of Enquiry into Scientology, with terms of reference limited to

"The working of existing law and the necessity or expedience of any legislation in respect of the activities, methods, and practices of the Hubbard Scientology Organisation in New Zealand or any associated Scientology organisations or bodies in New Zealand in so far as those activities, methods and practices may -
(a) Cause or contribute to estrangements in family relationships;

----------
(23) Report to M.P.s, p. 10
(b) Affect the custody or control of children and persons under the age of 21 years;
(c) Result in persons who have severed their connection with Scientology or any Scientology organisation or body, or any other persons, being subjected to improper or unreasonable pressures of any kind by Scientologists or any Scientology organisation or body".

25. The terms of reference specifically excluded "any Enquiry into the philosophy, teachings or beliefs of Scientology or Scientologists" except to the extent necessary to facilitate the Enquiry into the matters specified.
26. The members of the Commission were Sir Guy Richardson Powles, KBE, CMG, the New Zealand Ombudsman, and Mr. E. V. Dumbleton. They sat for 8 days and (assisted by Counsel) heard 27 witnesses, the transcript of whose evidence occupied 650 pages. 191 documents were put in. The Report was dated 30th June 1969. and the following quotations will suffice here to give its gist: -

--------
"From the discussion of the evidence it will be seen that the Commission has concluded that there was clear proof of the activities, methods, and practices of Scientology in New Zealand contributing to estrangements in family relationships." (23)
--------
"It seems clear that at some stage in the course of its operations in New Zealand Scientology did actively contemplate interfering with familial relations in such a way as to induce trainee Scientologists to disconnect from close relatives who were considered by Scientology to be acting in the role of suppressive persons." (24)

--------
"It appeared to the Commission that the attitude of Scientology towards family relationships was cold, distant, and somewhat uninterested. In a number of cases of which the Commission was informed it must have been apparent to the Scientology organisation, or at least to some of the officers concerned, that family relationships were being subjected to a strain and could possibly be damaged by a continuation of a course in Scientology. There is no evidence in any of these cases that Scientology or any of its officers took any steps to remedy or alleviate this situation." (25)

--------
"The Commission was informed that the practice of disconnection was cancelled by directive of 15th November 1968, and the Commission received a letter from L. Ron Hubbard stating that the Board of Directors of the Church of Scientology had no intention of reintroducing the policy. He also added that, for his part, he could see no reason why the policy should ever be reintroduced ....

I have not had time to dig back into the 1950's but I am sure there are similar 'declarations' and attacks on the family.

Wants2Talk

[video=youtube;q3A8T1UymZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3A8T1UymZE[/video]
We are learning. We will prevail. Cake will be ours!

This shit needs to be made into a movie ... better yet - an opera - a friggin rock opera! We must write some more songs.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'm not sure if this has been posted.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/mary-mccarran-kahn/

The “Sara’s Choice” story was picked up by the New York Daily News (and a lot of other media to come…) and finally Miscavige responded (you will recall they refused to respond to ANY communications or requests for interviews from the Tampa Bay Times) and this is what they said:

Church officials told the Daily News that disconnection is a voluntary practice, and on their website the church says they encourage members to have “excellent” family relationships, whether Scientologist or not.

“Any inferences that the Church interfered in the private affairs of this family or any other are categorically untrue,” said Karin Pouw, spokesperson from the Church. “The Church of Scientology declines to debate the meaning or application of the voluntary practices of the religion, with the emphasis on voluntary.”

This is how you handle things from inside a bubble of sycophants.

Anonycat

Crusader
I just walked outside to get my copy of the SP Times and this is what was staring back at me:

Sara1_zps0c7c034f.jpg

It get's even better though. :biggrin:

That's just the beginning.

This story takes up ALL of 2 other full pages plus 80% of a 3'rd page. :clap:

OSA probably has been engaged in an All Hands buying up as many of these papers locally as they can and putting them through the shredder.

So that's why they're staying off the streets and walking through tunnels.

Last edited: