What's new

Scientology Conditioning

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
There is an interesting article about greed that I read. It's generally a little too religious and preachy for me, but I thought that this snippet seemed quite apropos to describe what happens to people while involved in Scientology:

Many years ago Dr. Moon, the director of the Moody Institute of Science put on a special pair of eye lenses, which turned everything upside down. In an experiment he wore these special lenses for something like 2-3 weeks without opening his eyes without these funny looking lenses. He wore black eye patches when he went to bed to sleep. When he stopped using these special lenses, an amazing thing had happened, his brain had made a radical switch, and now everything he saw was upside down. It took 2-3 weeks for his vision to come back to normal.

Credited to anonymity, somebody says: “In a broader sense, life is like that: if I consistently do wrong when I know better, and don’t live the life I believe to be right, my mind will in time (be it ever so slowly) do a radical switch and I will end up unhappily believing the life I am living to be right. I will cut off my feelings, justify my behavior, and end up with what the Bible calls a dead conscience — a dangerous path to follow.”

The entire article is available here:
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=481608

The conditioning that people experience in Scientology becomes hard-wired into them after a while, even when they re-enter the real world once again. I believe that is why it is important to ditch EVERYTHING to do with Scientology when you leave. Allowing even a few pieces to remain as "workable" is simply dangerous. Just look at all the kooks over at Marty Rathbun's blog. The comments left on the various articles by "ex-scientologists" are even more wacko than the views most current Scientologists proffer.