What's new

SCIENTOLOGY CRUMBLING: An Entire Church Mission Defects as David Miscavige Faces Lead

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Re: SCIENTOLOGY CRUMBLING: An Entire Church Mission Defects as David Miscavige Faces

:hysterical:

Snip.

In Buddhism and other eastern practices, there is the idea that at some point you have to get rid of the system or package of ideas that you used to get where you are. At some point, they actually become a hindrance to any further development. You have to actually BURN the Bridge to get any further. Not so with Scientology. They will NEVER abandon "the bridge".

Some will. We have :)

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Re: SCIENTOLOGY CRUMBLING: An Entire Church Mission Defects as David Miscavige Faces

I dimly recall entire missions defecting before, but this is Scientology, which specializes in erasing its own past, so maybe that's been erased.... er, forgotten. :)

7515779244_f15f12f671.jpg

Terril park

Sponsor

While I applaud anyone getting out of Scientology this piece of news really sounds much bigger than it really is. First of all - it's not like they can put a sign up saying "under new management - but don't worry it's the same old Hubbard rubbish". The contracts they signed (and probably never read properly) will give DM and his minions all the legal power they need to ensure that they cannot use the copyrighted names etc.

In 1982 there were much bigger defections than this.

What will be really big news will be when an entire AO secedes.

Gradients Mick. First a class V Org. :)

Terril park

Sponsor

How much difference will it make to most public Scientologists, if their local org secedes but continues trying to offer 'the tech' without violating copyright? How much non-copyrighted Hubbard material is there? How much stock would most Scientologists put in the mere names of the various services, as opposed to the content?

My naive guess would be that it would make much less difference than you'd think, because I'm not convinced that the various CofS trademarks are in themselves really all that appealing to people. Hubbard wasn't actually a marketing genius. If somebody was willing to believe that one piece of Hubbard-esque gobbledegook was the secret to everything, I bet they'd be just as happy to fall for a knock-off version of the same.

Meet the new tech, same as the old tech.

No?

Copyright dosn't prevent the delivering of tech, only the copying of it.
Also its quite easy to get old red vols.

Then Clearbird has the whole bridge both sides written in a clearer
manner.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

manner.

Still it remains a bridge to nowhere, but, the FZ isn't as repressive as the Co$...yet.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
Investigative Reporting in the Public Interest

Lemberger reacted to Debbie Cook's e-mail by forwarding it to church officials, asking them to comment on it. Instead, the church's Office of Special Affairs put him "in ethics" -- under a kind of interrogation program -- and asked him to read a copy of the church's propaganda magazine, Freedom, which contained attacks on the credibility of numerous former church officials who spoke up for a 2009 Tampa Bay Times expose, including Marty Rathbun, Amy Scobee, and Tom DeVocht.

"The magazine is disgusting. It's evil," Lemberger says. "It has a photo of Tom DeVocht scratching his balls, like every man doesn't do that. It had a photo of Amy Scobee that made her look bad. And the writing, it's gross and ugly. So gross, you know they're lying. It's just hatred, and a Scientologist never hates."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_dani_lemberger.php

I guess I'm not up on things. I'm amazed at how the language in Freedom approaches North Korea's propaganda. OSA+Freedom Mag is doing more than any protest to get people to smell something. I try my best to be respectful to all sides, but ... come on, WTF is this?:

Defrocked Apostates:
The Road To Redemption

... Moreover, if these apostates had any valid complaints about the Church, they would take those complaints to the Church—again, as mandated by the Founder’s Justice system. ...

Actually, they aren’t allowed to return to their Church until they have made sufficient amends, ...

But, consistent with the saint-like compassion the Founder’s Justice system demands, all were given an opportunity to work in low-level positions so they might have the opportunity to once again be members in good standing. That they would remain in low-level positions for several, possibly scores of lifetimes, was only a reflection of the magnitude of their damage and the number of lifetimes depending on their dedication in making full amends for their misconduct.

Then they may begin the next step, should they choose, to make amends. It’s a long road, no doubt. But at least they are fortunate in knowing they will live many lifetimes again and so will have the centuries necessary to atone for their sins."

http://www.freedommag.org/special-reports/sources/defrocked-apostates-the-road-to-redemption.html

In other words, Marty Rathbun would humble himself, turn himself in to the MAA, and begin his low-level position. Two hundred years later, a baby is born. It's Marty again. Before long he reports to the MAA. Again. He's told, he only has 37 lifetimes to go to work out of liability. He happily resumes his low-level position, making amends, knowing some day he will be back in good standing. :floor:

Did I read that right?

TEoS

Patron with Honors

Freezone, Independents. Same old useless crap, different day.

guanoloco

As-Wased

manner.

Terril,

Do you have links to this stuff?

It's good news, but it's a pity they are drinking from Marty's Koolaid fountain now.

But now they have sanctioned heretical attitudes of thinking for one's self. Heresy is a hard thing to kill, which is why orthodoxies fear it so greatly.

Mark A. Baker :devil:

Smilla

Ordinary Human

But now they have sanctioned heretical attitudes of thinking for one's self. Heresy is a hard thing to kill, which is why orthodoxies fear it so greatly.

Mark A. Baker :devil:

I'm not sure that heresy is a useful word in a business context.

I wonder when we'll hear the first heckling and booing of of Miscavige by the previously faithful at a big event. I don't think it's that far away. It will start small and grow, as more and more see him as the problem. Of course he's only part of the problem, but they don't know that yet.

Yes, we will all have to practice our exit counselling skills.
Use ARC. First, for the "A".......well just stare at them while speaking. That, in the cult is what passes for "affinity".
Second, whatever they say about their "upset" with DM......say, "Thank you for telling me that, wow! I just saw a lot of mass blow on that". After a while say,
"Is there an earlier terminal on the chain?" If they don't "locate" LRH in their bank
just watch their little eye movements and such, and say "there..there...what was that?" Until they start "locating" LRH. Then as they try to censor their unthinkable thoughts, say "Has an earlier terminal on the chain been denied?", As soon as they mention LRH, even while denying the possibilty of it, stare right at them with full intention and say "THANK YOU! I WOULD LIKE TO INDICATE THAT L.RON HUBBARD IS YOUR ITEM." Then put them on "babywatch" for awhile...........

I'm not sure that heresy is a useful word in a business context.

Actually it is. The meaning applies beyond the limitations of religious thought.

Mark A. Baker

Smilla

Ordinary Human

Actually it is. The meaning applies beyond the limitations of religious thought.

Mark A. Baker

Yes, now that I think about it, I suppose it does. English isn't my best suit.

... As soon as they mention LRH, even while denying the possibilty of it, stare right at them with full intention and say "THANK YOU! I WOULD LIKE TO INDICATE THAT L.RON HUBBARD IS YOUR ITEM." ....

While that is likely to be true for you, I find it doubtful that it would apply to most others. Most individuals in the church have had little direct exposure to hubbard but they have experienced many personal traumas with scientology involving other sources.

Dealing with the actual source of personal troubles tends to be far more effective at relieving a condition than picking a likely @sshole and putting his head on a pike. Of course, this latter is a technique sanctioned by l. ron hubbard. So, I guess you still choose to apply some of his tech, then.

Mark A. Baker

My impression is that missions are missions, partly because the mission holders are a little bit too independent to commit to becoming org staff or SO. Just talking generally here.... Anyway, my impression is also that some of them have disliked the micromanagement and pressure far more than orgs, who buy into it a lot more than missions. So I think it is very possible some of them will separate from the mother cult organization.