Scientology Cult Supports California Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.huliq.com/3326/70991/scientology-cult-supports-california-anti-gay-marriage-amendment

Scientology Cult Supports California Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment

The Church of Scientology is supporting an amendment that would ban equality in marriage for all people in the State of California. Scientology has a shady history of anti-gay hysteria.

View Related News
Society
anonymous
anti-gay
California
Cult
dianetics
proposition 8
Scientology
California is about to go to the polls soon to vote for the President and congress. Most importantly about a dozen propositions are on the ballot in the state. One of the propositions in this state that is the most hotly contested, Proposition 8. Proposition 8 seeks to change the California Constitution to define marriage as only between a man and a woman. It would overturn a state Supreme Court ruling earlier this year that allowed same-sex unions.

Many churches would jump to the pro Anti-Marriage Amendment, Team Anonymous found that the Church of Scientology is sponsoring the amendment. In addition to finding the Church supporting this amendment, we found their views against the LGBT community shocking out of all of the supporters.

Overview of Scientology:

When many think of Scientology, they see Tom Cruise jumping on sofas and parodies on South Park. The grim reality is that Scientology is a destructive international corporation with a criminal record resulting from its well-documented history of Human Rights abuses, fraud, and other criminal efforts.

Scientology is exclusively based upon the writings and recorded lectures of 1940s Science Fiction author Lafayette Ron Hubbard. In his first non-fiction published book, “Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health” today’s modern reader may find themselves startled at this passage:

"The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in dynamic two [sexuality and procreation] such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc., and all down the catalog of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically." –DMSMH, Book 2, Chapter 5

In the second Dianetics/Scientology book Science of Survival, Hubbard establishes the “Tone Scale” ranging from -3 to +4 in an attempt to classify people and their behaviour. LGBT people are classified at 1.1 or ‘covert hostility’ Hubbard recommends a disturbing solution for people below 2.0:

“The first is to raise them on the tone scale by un-enturbulating some of their theta by any one of the three valid processes. The other is to dispose of them quietly and without sorrow.” –Science of Survival 50th Anniversary Edition These books written in the 1950s are still considered relevant and truthful by Scientologists. This is only one small aspect of the beliefs of Scientology and their abuses and crimes.

Worldwide, there are thousands of dedicated individuals who are committed in activism against the criminal organization of Scientology. Spread the word about how Scientology really feels about the LGBT community and act now. Help us make a difference in your city.

Scientology this year have attacked groups such as Anonymous, who participated in various Gay Activism Activities all over the state and cities around the world. Scientology committed hate attacks against groups that expose and speak out against them. A violent attack against an individual by Scientology happened in San Jose this past month. Scientology sells "Dianetics" books in Subway Stations by using a deceptive trick called the Free Stress Test.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pol/877441884.html - Complete Church List of Prop 8 Supporters
Scientologist Publicly Admitting Killing of Gays Is Fine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YSHXJNV0D8
Find more information about the Scientology Cult go to: http://whyweprotest.net, http://www.xenu.net, http://www.xenutv.com

# # #

We are Anonymous. A group that exposes the evils of the cult of scientology. We protest around the globe highlighting Scientology's Illegal activities.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh I know.

I have a freind who is still in who, when this issue was in Michigan, called me and explained how we had to get the issue on the ballot because of course gays shouldnt have rights.

I, even though I wasn't a critic yet, found it to be disconcerting and wrong then. I didnt tell her - not the right time.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Lets remember that all Homosexuals are at 1.1 covert hostility on the tone scale.

That they are degraded beings.

That they need to be fixed, because they are broken.

Hubbard, the proverbial homophobe created such a loving organization......dedicated to clearing the planet of wogs and gays and other unsavory souls.

Stan D'Teque

Patron with Honors
Does this mean we bring back the pink stars? Put them on the RPF uniforms of all gays or suspected gays until they're attested as "straight?"

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just reminds me of all the comments I heard about gays while I was in the SO...some by myself...how sad. Good thing I'm not like that anymore.:duh:

Wisened One

Crusader
Oh god, don't remind me of the several gays and lesbians I had to turn away from the bridge, as a Reg.....:no: :duh: But WAIT...:hmm: NOW, I'm
GLAD I did...cuz I saved them TONS of money, not to mention their sanity! :thumbsup: :yes:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am sure that somewhere buried very very deep (no pun intended) of the LRH archive...

there a exists an LRH scribbling that in no uncertain terms states that homosexuality was invented by Psychiatrists on the Whole Track as a means to suppress the true moral structure of the family and the second dynamic.

Rd00

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
I find the cults views on homosexuality odd, considering the tone scale and it's explanation. Surely they should be trying to vote yes, as this would increase tone, then getting them in to increase their tone further.

Lets remember that all Homosexuals are at 1.1 covert hostility on the tone scale.

That they are degraded beings.

That they need to be fixed, because they are broken.

Hubbard, the proverbial homophobe created such a loving organization......dedicated to clearing the planet of wogs and gays and other unsavory souls.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Finger Pointing Begins In California’s Proposition 8 Ban, Scientology Gets Thrown In

Finger Pointing Begins In California’s Proposition 8 Ban, Scientology Gets Thrown In The Mix: http://glosslip.com/2008/11/06/fing...ion-8-ban-scientology-gets-thrown-in-the-mix/

For all that we achieved on the road to equality with Tuesday’s election results, some bigotry remains unaddressed. There were several anti-gay marriage measures on ballots across the country for Americans to decide on, but none as polarizing as that of California’s Proposition 8, which sought to reverse a previous ruling allowing gay marriage in that state.

While state officials are still counting the votes, it would seem that the ban on gay marriage has passed, and also alarming, is that with this measure those couples who were married prior to the ban, may now have to have their marriages annulled. From the Prop 8 website:

Voting YES on Proposition 8 does 3 simple things:

*It restores the definition of marriage to what the vast majority of California voters already approved and what Californians agree should be supported, not undermined.

*It overturns the outrageous decision of four activist Supreme Court judges who ignored the will of the people.

* It protects our children from being taught in public schools that “same-sex marriage” is the same as traditional marriage, and prevents other consequences to Californians who will be forced to not just be tolerant of gay lifestyles, but face mandatory compliance regardless of their personal beliefs.

The website also has a long list of churches and religious institutions who support the measure, including the Church of Scientology of San Diego. This is somewhat surprising, considering the number of celebrities who’ve lent their voices in opposition to the ban and the Church of Scientology history of recruiting celebrities into its Celebrity Center in Hollywood. Although, this is the San Diego branch, maybe they figure no one will notice. I guess they didn’t realize Anonymous is still watching them.

In any case, there are now large protests being organized in the major metropolitan areas of California in outrage of the passing of the ban. How did the ban manage to pass in a state which has been historically liberal leaning? So liberal leaning in fact, major news outlets were able to call the presidential election for Obama in the state, despite the polls having only recently closed there.

Many theories are being proposed, with some blaming the unusually high voter turnout as the underlying cause:

An exit poll of California voters showed that black voters sided in favor of the measure by margins of more than 2 to 1. Not only was the black vote weighted heavily in favor of Proposition 8, but black turnout — spurred by Barack Obama’s campaign for president — was unusually large, making up roughly 10% of the voters. The exit poll was conducted by Edison Media Research and Mitofsky International for a consortium of news organizations.

The campaign against Proposition 8 also did relatively poorly in Los Angeles County, where voters were divided almost evenly. By contrast, on the other high-profile social issue on the ballot, Proposition 4 on abortion, the liberal side carried Los Angeles by a margin of almost 200,000 votes.

California is a weird place. For all the talk of “fruits and nuts” on the left coast, the state clearly is a blending of ideologies. On one hand, you have Hollywood and its liberal cultural influence at the heart of the state’s identity, and then on the other hand, you have conservative icons emerging from the state’s political machine (hey, the patron saint of the GOP was the governor and actor Ronald Reagan before he was president, oh and don’t forget the Governator Aaahnuld). It really is difficult to predict how the people of California will vote in local matters, even if we can count on them to pick Democrats for president.

So while we’ve made great strides to present a united face on the United States by electing our first African-American president, we aren’t quite ready to extend the same rights to all our citizens. For all the talk of the country being founded on secular freedom, we are still bound to the one book which is used to include or exclude individuals at will.

All I have to say is, WWJD? It’s not like banning gay marriage will make people NOT be gay, and quite honestly, promoting monogamy is a positive value, regardless of your proclivities.

(hattip to PokeAnon, and as always, the opinions in this post represent ONLY the writer of this post)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Note that Barack Obama does not support Gay Marriage. Nor does he apparently believe that 9/11 was a plot by the US Government. However, he does *want* higher gas prices and his stand on illegal immigration is radically different than the majority of his supporters.

Let the squabbles begin :)

Zinj

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Gay Marriage? In general, I wouldn't care about it, amongst consenting adults.

One issue might be about employment health benefits (if one of them is not employed). Claiming a dependent would be impossible. I can understand this. Otherwise, they have ALREADY been able to do what they want in their personal relationships anyway. Nothing has stopped this in SoCal anyway.

However, the overall issue is much more than this AND would have become MUCH more than this - especially in the public school systems.

Sorry... some teens are already having a tough time figuring out their place in life without having some rabidly politically correct teachers teaching homosexuality to a bunch of confused teenagers in a public school. I'm against this.

So, I'm happy with the outcome on this particular issue. :)

Gay Marriage? In general, I wouldn't care about it, amongst consenting adults.

One issue might be about employment health benefits (if one of them is not employed). Claiming a dependent would be impossible. I can understand this. Otherwise, they have ALREADY been able to do what they want in their personal relationships anyway. Nothing has stopped this in SoCal anyway.

However, the overall issue is much more than this AND would have become MUCH more than this - especially in the public school systems.

Sorry... some teens are already having a tough time figuring out their place in life without having some rabidly politically correct teachers teaching homosexuality to a bunch of confused teenagers in a public school. I'm against this.

So, I'm happy with the outcome on this particular
issue. :)

I think the rabidly politically correct teachers are going to be teaching homosexuality to a bunch of confused teenagers in a public school regardless of the law on same-sex marriage, as they are already doing and have been doing for some time now.

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was taught about gays in school. didn't confuse me. Though it did cause my mate to shout out in class "See, I told you they stuck it up each others bums!"

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I think the rabidly politically correct teachers are going to be teaching homosexuality to a bunch of confused teenagers in a public school regardless of the law on same-sex marriage, as they are already doing and have been doing for some time now.

I'm in the U.S.
I'm a Dad and they weren't teaching this to school kids when my daughter was in school.

Mouseyhair

I lol'd.

Oh, trust me, you don't have to worry about children being taught homosexuality in schools... you know we're already hiding in every corner, lurking on every street, waiting to lure your children away and teach them our wicked ways. And we won't give them the politically correct version, either... oh no. We will teach them what counts. Soon, your sons will learn about pink neck scarves. Your daughters will be shown where to buy Birkenstocks. The homosexual agenda will replace your children's school diaries, and following that, we will even teach them how to fall in love... because there's just no way a teenager could figure that out on their own, right?

But not to fear. Your children are in good hands. After all... we have Clay Aiken.

Anon678_

Patron

So, I'm happy with the outcome on this particular issue. :)

Ah, this makes perfect sense. Gay marriage leads (somehow) to highschool teachers teaching ....... homosexuality (what the hell does that even mean/involve), which is somehow ......bad (hell, why not?).

Makes perfect sense! Not a logical stretch at all! I'm going to spell this out for you in case you don't get it - Two ridiculously big claims here.
1. Gay marriage leads to highschool teachers teaching .... something (no idea what though).
2. This would be bad.

Matex

Patron
They are pointing their fingers at Mormons.

Some bigotry is okay, it just depends who is doing it.

Hypocrisy in particular is absolutely great, or else all bigotry would be bad.

Again, it depends on who is being the hypocrite.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Yeah, well, I can see why people would point fingers at Mormons. Or any religion. Bill Maher's "Religulous" did this to great effect.