What's new

Scientology Disconnection: Cindy Temps loses her children Alan and Melissa

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology Disconnection: Cindy Temps loses her children Alan and Melissa.

Mike: Cindy Temps
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/cindy-temps/

Excerpts below but, serioiusly, read the entire thing on Mike's blog.

Excerpts:
cindy.jpg

A message from a veteran Los Angeles Scientologist who was recently “declared” resulting in her children disconnecting from her. She is speaking out in the hope that it opens the eyes of others and helps bring the abuses of the RCS to an end.

”It is necessary to happiness of man, that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists of professing to believe what he does not believe.” Thomas Paine

I have been under the radar for too long now. I will not compromise my integrity any longer. It is important for Independent Scns to stand up and be counted so that this suppressive reign can end and lives can be saved.

My name is Cindy Temps and I have been a Scientologist for over 30 years. I am a Permanent Class IV auditor, also a NED auditor, Sr. Sec Checker and FPRD Auditor and have done part of the BC (twice). I am mid OT VII and a Patron of the IAS. I am declaring my independence from the Corporate Church of Scientology and its leader, David Miscavige. I was not in the SO at Int, so I cannot speak of the beatings and lockdowns and inhumane treatment there, except to say that where there is smoke there is fire, and there have been far too many who came out of Int with similar stories of Miscavige’s brutality to staff for there not to be some truth to it.
I remained under the radar because my son and daughter are on staff and I didn’t want to lose them to disconnection. But when my son announced he wanted to join the SO, I told him I would support him in that goal, but to just stay in the LA area and do not go to Gold or Int. I relayed a story of a friend who went to Gold and who called me to come rescue her because the conditions there were so bad. This was reported to the recruiters who then came to my house nonstop to “handle me” on my “disaffection.”

This was done in conjunction with Theresa (Terry), the AOLA MAA, and her senior, Julian Schwartz. When Terry and Julian could not get a communication line in with me, they went to my best friend of 30 years and told her to spy on me, which she did for 3 months, during our morning walks together. She reported to them frequently. They told her what to say to me as their sock puppet, which she did. Finally she confronted me and said that she had been told by the AOLA MAA that I was connected to Squirrels etc. She threatened disconnection unless I straightened up and flew right. She said the AOLA MAA told her I was the stop on my son being recruited into Gold and that I needed to report to HCO immediately. I refused to go in for “handling” (thought control) and she did disconnect and let our beautiful 30 year friendship go, even though I was in good standing with the church then.

DISCONNECTION

When I told my other friend of 35 years about this, she said, “Cindy, I love you, but I am disconnecting from you because if the church comes after you, I’ll be next because I’m connected to you, and I can’t lose my son and two grandkids.” I was in good standing then, and she disconnected just so that the church wouldn’t “come for her” next. She even made me bring out my computer where she then erased every email to or from her so that the church could never see that she was in support of Debbie Cook. She told me she hated David Miscavige and “wished he were dead” because “he ruined our church.” But in spite of that, I was the one she disconnected from, not him. She threw me to the curb in spite of the fact that we spent a year of our lives co-auditing each other, and had enjoyed many decades of friendship — and all because she was certain the disconnection punishment would be used to rip her family from her “when they come for me.” She acted hunted and scared, like she was under the thumb of the Stasi. (The Stasi was the secret police of former communist East Germany. From Wikipedia: One of its main tasks was spying on the population, mainly through a vast network of citizens turned informants, and fighting any opposition by overt and covert measures including hidden psychological destruction of dissidents

This is what our church has degenerated into, a Stasi environment, and all because the club of disconnection is used to bludgeon people to keep them in line.

I am recently declared for “being connected to SPs.” No mention of WHO they think I’m connected to, no Com Ev, no Bill of Particulars, no specifics, no Goldenrod. Just vague, generic witch hunt material used to suppress a good person. Since when does searching for truth make you suppressive?

HOW MANY DECLARED?

LRH says that 2 ½ percent of the population are Suppressive. Author and Ph.D, Martha Stout in her book, “The Sociopath Next Door,” says that 4% of the population are suppressive / sociopaths. Yet in recent years under DM’s reign, that percentage goes up to 40 and 50% or higher, of which I am now included. This article by Steve Hall gives details on this. Steve Hall – Is Everyone Suppressive?

LRH says that when the percentages of SPs in an org go much higher than 2 ½ percent, then you haven’t found the right SP and he/she is still there.

MY KIDS

My two kids are the loves of my life. We always enjoyed such a close relationship. But they were used by the church to get to me and they were turned against me. The AOLA MAA had them spy on me for months and look for evidence against me. My son turned me in for reading the blogs. My daughter KRed me.

am1.jpg

Alan and Melissa

cm1.jpg

Cindy and Melissa

Only two weeks before the kids disconnected from me, they had me book a cruise for the three of us to enjoy as our Xmas present to each other. I paid for it and we were all excited to go. And then the church got to them and made them disconnect from me. When I went to get in comm with the kids, they told me they didn’t want to disconnect from me. I said, “Then don’t. Don’t let that church split up this family.” They disconnected anyway. The church doctrine says that if you refuse to disconnect from an SP, that you will then be declared SP and will be excommunicated too. Church members believe that if they are thusly labeled and ousted from the church, they’ll never achieve spiritual freedom and never become OT. The kids told me I had betrayed them by reading the blogs and being under the radar about it. That is how fast the church turned my kids against me. One week we’re VGI’s planning the cruise, and the next week they aren’t speaking to me. My only crime was I read the internet in search of the truth because I was concerned about what was happening in my church.
WHISPERING CAMPAIGN
And now the MAAs at AOLA and at Flag are calling my friends and telling them I am an SP and to disconnect from me. I know this because four of them told me they’d been called and/or called in for Roll Back. So Dave, you have leaks, people who still contact big, bad SP’s like me. Better sick OSA on this to find out who the leaks are right away! I wonder if these MAAs are being overly zealous about me to the point of telemarketing all of my friends to warn them about me because they are mad that I inadvertently thwarted a Gold SO Recruit cycle with my son by refusing to go in to be “handled.” If that is the case, it is very vindictive on their part.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
I wholeheartedly support this Mom. We cannot surrender our families to the jurisdiction of Scientology. Just imagine if all those under the radar rejected living in fear. Don't you wish freedom for your children and their children. Each of us who acts in refusal of this terrorism so domestic as to be under our roofs and at our dinner tables adds to the indignant din which will soon be so loud that pitchforks will be at organization doors.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
What utter FOOLS some of us were ... what complete fuckwits we (as parents) were to drag our children into that putrid cult or to 'allow' another to do so.

I feel for Cindy, but I feel for her poor children much, MUCH more and I say that as an IDIOT parent that allowed my own to be dragged in out of fear of disconnection from them, which (in retrospect) was inevitable and predictable from the day they were born.

Sickening, mortifying, and very Sad.

Free Being Me

Crusader
It's utterly insane that Elcon's so called church, which supposedly has all the answers to life, shamelessly p.r.'s and achieves the opposite: Families and friends torn apart with pain, sorrow and heartbreak. My heart goes out to you Cindy, you're not alone and never give up.

:hug:

JustSheila

Crusader
What a heartbreaking story. :bigcry:

I pray that Alan and Melissa come to their senses soon and leave that vicious, lying, controlling, evil cult and its influences forever. I pray that they fully see and appreciate Cindy's love and exscn can one day soon post pix of a heartwaming reunion between mother and children - all completely free of the cult.

Evil. There's no other word for what was done.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
What a heartbreaking story. :bigcry:

I pray that Alan and Melissa come to their senses soon and leave that vicious, lying, controlling, evil cult and its influences forever. I pray that they fully see and appreciate Cindy's love and exscn can one day soon post pix of a heartwaming reunion between mother and children - all completely free of the cult.
Evil. There's no other word for what was done.

https://www.facebook.com/alan.temps.1

https://www.facebook.com/melissa.temps

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Though it is yet another sad story of disconnection and disillusionment, I find it somewhat difficult to feel much sympathy for someone who has spent 35 some-odd years in, is halfway through OTVII, was a senior SecChecker (ain't that sweet eh), etc. etc. blah-blah. I have not a whit of a doubt that she knows the policies of Lron's crazy-train regarding disconnection, and has personally overlooked the ruin of many families over the years, and now that it is happening to her it is all wa-wa-waaaaaah. So her son ratted her out, her daughter writes up a KR on her, and the house of cards comes tumbling down around her head, sheesh-all-mighty-alrighty! If there is any sort of reality in the ol' windbag Tub's confabulated bullcrap it is 'You pulled it in!', in a very convoluted way, yes, yes she did, just by being in such an organization. Though I bear her no ill will, I am thinking 'You reap what you sow...' sort of thing, and I do sincerely hope that she will come to terms and realizations of the waste of 35 years of her life, of her complacency and involvement in such a deluded organization, and she hasn't even got the skin off the onion yet, let alone start to peel the layers away.
I are probably sounding harsh here, really not in my nature to be thus, but for fucks sake there comes a time when a healthy dose of brain-bleach is in order, and in that respect I wish her the very best in unraveling all the Sci mentality, I know it runs deep once you start up the path to immortality ala Hubbard, sometimes people just break the veil of illusion and get moving on, sometimes they'll keep a worn, thread-bare view, and then there are the others who just rip it away and get royally pissed at it all, I hope she becomes one of the latter, warriors against this creation of a madman, the more the merrier imho.

*sigh*

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Though it is yet another sad story of disconnection and disillusionment, I find it somewhat difficult to feel much sympathy for someone who has spent 35 some-odd years in, is halfway through OTVII, was a senior SecChecker (ain't that sweet eh), etc. etc. blah-blah. I have not a whit of a doubt that she knows the policies of Lron's crazy-train regarding disconnection, and has personally overlooked the ruin of many families over the years, and now that it is happening to her it is all wa-wa-waaaaaah. So her son ratted her out, her daughter writes up a KR on her, and the house of cards comes tumbling down around her head, sheesh-all-mighty-alrighty! If there is any sort of reality in the ol' windbag Tub's confabulated bullcrap it is 'You pulled it in!', in a very convoluted way, yes, yes she did, just by being in such an organization. Though I bear her no ill will, I am thinking 'You reap what you sow...' sort of thing, and I do sincerely hope that she will come to terms and realizations of the waste of 35 years of her life, of her complacency and involvement in such a deluded organization, and she hasn't even got the skin off the onion yet, let alone start to peel the layers away.
I are probably sounding harsh here, really not in my nature to be thus, but for fucks sake there comes a time when a healthy dose of brain-bleach is in order, and in that respect I wish her the very best in unraveling all the Sci mentality, I know it runs deep once you start up the path to immortality ala Hubbard, sometimes people just break the veil of illusion and get moving on, sometimes they'll keep a worn, thread-bare view, and then there are the others who just rip it away and get royally pissed at it all, I hope she becomes one of the latter, warriors against this creation of a madman, the more the merrier imho.

*sigh*

Ya know OGS, that is really tough. But damned spot on. Not tough love, but tough, honest/fair opinion, helpful and full of love. ...thank you. I also wish the same for Cindy and her children. :thumbsup:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron

*sigh*

It is harsh and possibly justifiably so, however, if you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoes.... I don't know her. I'm just saying don't be so sure about her history. For example, just because she was trained as a senior sec checker doesn't mean she even ever delivered a non-confidential sec check (the kind that are not part of regular auditing aimed at alleviating one from the burden of their transgressions against something or other as opposed to the interrogation-type). If she was a rank and file auditor, she didn't have that much to do with disconnections as she was not administrative staff and it is doubtful she was truly heartless. If she was on OTVII, she would have learned to be more heartless. But this is often the place where people realize this and leave. Marty and Mike were much more familiar and hands on involved with disconnections and such than she ever would've been. Many people here were in for multiple decades and knew of disconnections and, as you say, 'overlooked the ruin of many families over the years.' In one way or another, we all must have, to some degree. Any of us that were in for more than five minutes have dirt on our hands in one regard or another. Nothing (but child abuse) justifies losing your children.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I understand this Arthur, but I have trouble with anyone who gets past a certain point (for example OTIII), is involved directly in the day-to-day, and doesn't see the veritable mental destruction going on. I believe the term is cognitive dissonance, and this is the trouble with cutting off the world and labeling it (ie. the abstract, unknowing woggy world) in terms that separates it from from not only regular society (granted some societies are pretty scary and worthy of avoidance), but your own families and friends~ living in a foggy/muddy fishbowl starving for air...
Its is just plain saddening to me in an over-all sort of view, and it is why I are what I are, and do what I do, and say what I say, albeit sometimes in a tactless manner ( to my regrets).
I do hear ya though mon.

:cheers:

FascinatedNeverIn

Patron with Honors
Another sad tale.

It can't imagine how these families re-connect after years apart, especially if they had joined the Sea Org.

There was some chap on a thread saying he hadn't seen his brother for 20-30 years after he got out and his brother stayed in. How do you even begin to find connections when your brother didn't even know you were married with kids, and he'd been working 120 hour weeks in the RPF with probably no hobbies or interests other than Scientology...

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I understand this Arthur, but I have trouble with anyone who gets past a certain point (for example OTIII), is involved directly in the day-to-day, and doesn't see the veritable mental destruction going on. I believe the term is cognitive dissonance, and this is the trouble with cutting off the world and labeling it (ie. the abstract, unknowing woggy world) in terms that separates it from from not only regular society (granted some societies are pretty scary and worthy of avoidance), but your own families and friends~ living in a foggy/muddy fishbowl starving for air...
Its is just plain saddening to me in an over-all sort of view, and it is why I are what I are, and do what I do, and say what I say, albeit sometimes in a tactless manner ( to my regrets).
I do hear ya though mon.

:cheers:

I completely agree. I was a trained auditor, sec-checker, case supervisor, OT V, blah blah but I never fully bought into the "total dedication" crap.

I remember a friend of mine, a long-time 2nd generation Scientologist saying to me: "Wouldn't it be great having your kids raised in the Sea Org?". I just said: "No! I can't think of anything worse!". We dropped the subject immediately.

Another time I was being heavily pressurised to buy my 2-year-old son a lifetime IAS membership but I refused. I remember saying that it would be his decision to make when he got older.

Also, as a member of public I didn't bring a single person into Scientology because I didn't want anyone else to be subjected to the crap I had to go through.

So, even though I spent over 15 years in the CofS I never became that person who would hand over their kids to the cult, so I am of the opinion that the parent has to take the major share of any blame that is being handed out.