Scientology donating money to Florida's Attorney General - Pam Bondi's Campaign Fund

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Re: Scientologists Host Pam Bondi Fundraiser Tonight

They are publicly announcing this? :duh: Oye vey. They are stupid. Hello IRS.....we got a problem. :biggrin:
Honestly, they don't have an IRS problem. Neither The Church of Scientology, nor any Scientology related non-profit, is donating money. People who happen to be Scientologists are donating money their own money.

If a group of people who happen to be Catholic get together to host a fundraiser for a political candidate, and donate their own money, the Catholic Church is not going to get into any trouble with the IRS.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure this is approved by, coordinated with, and indeed the idea of OSA. My only point is that as long as Scientologists (or Catholics) hold the fundraiser on their own private property and donate their own money, there is no IRS problem that I can see.

R2-45

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology donating money to Florida's Attorney General - Pam Bondi's Campaign F

A 501(c)(3) organization is forbidden to directly or indirectly participate in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office.

There are severe consequences...

CommunicatorIC

Re: Scientology donating money to Florida's Attorney General - Pam Bondi's Campaign F

A 501(c)(3) organization is forbidden to directly or indirectly participate in any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office.
If so (and I"m not doubting you), then the critical question is what it means to "indirectly participate" in a political campaign. To my knowledge, a bunch of Scientologists (or Catholics) getting together on their own to fund raise, contribute their own money, etc., is not a violation.

R2-45

If so (and I"m not doubting you), then the critical question is what it means to "indirectly participate" in a political campaign. To my knowledge, a bunch of Scientologists (or Catholics) getting together on their own to fund raise, contribute their own money, etc., is not a violation.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/rr2007-41.pdf

Page 1421 et seq.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Exactly - These Scientology whales have an agenda and so does Pam Bondi - so let's expose it and see what happens. The Scientologist's are up to something - they always are. Hob-nobbing with the Opinion Leader's so they can get away with their crimes.

Expose Scientoloy's crimes to these opinion leaders and keep squawking!

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

These are not some haphazard wealthy folk wanting to donate to AG Pam Bondi.

This is a carefully crafted OSA project target designed by HCO PL "The Safe Point" which I will post below.
It is in complete and flagrant violation of 501C3 rules where a non profit must not meddle with politics and politicians,
The CULT of course is above the law.,

These wealthy folk were approached by OSA to do this.
How do I know ?
I worked at OSA INT for 5.5 years and worked on this kind of program myself !

Here is the policy from a DSA Hat pack.

PR Series 19R
THE SAFE POINT1

(In late 1972, the Founder gave a briefing on the subject of PR area control to CS PR Area Control and LRH Personal Communicator. This policy letter is compiled from notes on the briefing.)

Ref:
HCO PL 21 Nov. 72 I PR Series 18 HOW TO HANDLE BLACK PROPAGANDA

Under “Application” of Rule 1 (Fill the vacuum) of PR Series 18, the instruction is given: “Get in a safe place and speak up.”

It is necessary of course to have a safe place to get into, from which one can in safety speak up.

One cannot defend himself in a point that has no defenses.

Without some consideration of security in the first place, any attempt at PR area control is folly.

Thus the safe point takes consideration over active defense.

One can be in the situation of attempting to sell and deliver a product or service and suddenly find it necessary to defend himself in the same place from attack. The attack can make the point dangerous to such a degree it becomes impossible to deliver from. One might even be forced to act from a totally hidden point.

Thus the safe point takes consideration over active defense but takes even greater consideration over delivery operations.

Where possible, PR area control makes the point safe for the production activity, before any production occurs.

Sometimes funds are lacking to expand over a long period on a non-income-producing PR area control operation. In this case one is forced into production to make money.

Whenever it is necessary to go into delivery operations without the prior step of making the safe point, a special unit must be set up and run at full steam to make a safe point and gain viable PR area control over all publics in the area.

PREPARING THE SAFE POINT

You cannot operate without a base to operate from. You cannot deliver without somewhere to deliver it. You cannot sell what you cannot deliver.

The optimum action is to send a PR area control team to the area you want to operate in, and have it establish PR area control first.

A new group or company should be established first as a safe point and then as an operating point.

There is a formula here just a hair lower than Non-Existence: “Find a point from which to put out a comm line.”

The PR area control action in a new area can go so far as to create in the area a whole past and future track for the activity being established. It can make it sound old-established, stable, reliable, expert, productive, and with continuing expansion before it-when the delivery activity arrives and gets into operation.

Everything that accompanies an actual delivering unit is put there. Except the delivery. With established PR area control, delivery is put in, without a ripple, and it is all perfectly natural and acceptable.

BASIC ESSENTIALS

The most important action to undertake when going about making a safe point is to carefully and painstakingly find out who exactly are the top dogs in the area in financial and political circles, and their associates and connections, and to what each one is hostile.

A handful of allies with impressive-sounding titles and positions is not enough. Viability depends on having all areas and persons who could affect or influence the operation under PR control. Most important are the groups who survey out to be the key, real powers in an area. These persons mayor may not be those who occupy high political or social positions. They mayor may not be the titular heads of large economic concerns. Research and survey alone can determine this.

One must learn carefully his Ps and Qs with regard to these people and take care not to step on their toes. Otherwise one can get tromped on hard, and will. This data must be learned and USED.

Without a safe point established as above, it is a waste of time to rush into dealings with a government or to promise them anything. It is too easy to step on hostile toes and to arouse suspicion of you or make you difficult to account for. Build your PR area control on a well-researched, surveyed and solid gradient.

To maintain your safe point when you have started delivery, it is vital that you be able to detect the SP/PTS characters on your delivery lines and HANDLE him, be he high or low in station, and get him out of the road. One such person acting against you in the midst of your safe point can undermine it totally.

One of the reasons for this is that violations of study tech in a person’s education can turn him into a seething mass of BPC. This is very easily stirred up by an SP or PTS, and at the slightest chance he will do so. A whole class can explode like a powder keg, and with it the safety of your delivery point and its whole PR area control.

Thus SP/PTS tech is a basic tool of PR area control for the operating activity.

Delivery of excellent results is of course a vital necessity in any activity, no matter what the degree of PR area control, once it is established.

Follow this procedure to make a safe point and the rules of PR Series 18 to make it safer.

But make it safe first.

L. RON HUBBARD
Founder

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

I'm not at all surprised this bimbo is promoting Scientology.. remember the backlash that occurred in 2012 when her closest friends reported attending Cayman Island wedding with Brandon ophthalmologist Gregory Henderson & she responded, angrily, with all sorts of denials.. then claiming it was a "non-binding" wedding? Did she ever have an actual wedding?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2484537

https://www.facebook.com/pam.bondi.92

http://www.brandoneye.com/our-physicians/#gregory_henderson

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

This is a carefully crafted OSA project target designed by HCO PL "The Safe Point" which I will post below.
It is in complete and flagrant violation of 501C3 rules where a non profit must not meddle with politics and politicians,
The CULT of course is above the law.

<snip>
(my bold)

Thanks for that post. The legal stone that makes me stumble, is this: Is it really the organization (which falls under the 501 C3 rules) who's doing this, or is it just a group of individuals (who "accidentally" are members of said organization) collaborating?

Because if it's the latter then technically, it wouldn't be a violation of 501C3. IMHO, but IANAL.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

The CULT of course is above the law.,

These wealthy folk were approached by OSA to do this.
How do I know ?
I worked at OSA INT for 5.5 years and worked on this kind of program myself !

Here is the policy from a DSA Hat pack.

Ew.ew...ewwwwww~! Send this to the Pam Bondi Camp, the media, the IRS etc. :yes: The Policy from LRH and an "affidavit" if you are up for it.

R2-45

(my bold)

Thanks for that post. The legal stone that makes me stumble, is this: Is it really the organization (which falls under the 501 C3 rules) who's doing this, or is it just a group of individuals (who "accidentally" are members of said organization) collaborating?

Because if it's the latter then technically, it wouldn't be a violation of 501C3. IMHO, but IANAL.

Some examples of violations and non-violations are given here:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/rr2007-41.pdf

Page 1421 et seq.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Some more recent news as concerns Pam Bondi:

This was published two hours ago by the Tampa Bay Times (aka SP Times ;)
Complaint: D.C. law firm illegally lobbied Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi

TALLAHASSEE — An ethics complaint filed Friday alleges a Washington, D.C., law firm illegally lobbied Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi before she dropped suits or declined to investigate cases involving its clients.

Florida requires that those "seeking the goodwill" of the attorney general or her staff register first as state lobbyists. Yet none of the partners of Dickstein Shapiro did so in the last four years even as they exchanged emails, phone calls and met numerous times with Bondi and members of her staff to discuss client business.

<snip>

Read Full Article:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politi...ed-florida-attorney-general-pam-bondi/2204616

Another article, also published by the Tampa Bay Times from Oct 29th (two days ago):
Pam Bondi has close ties with law firm whose clients have had suits dropped in Florida

TALLAHASSEE — Partners with a powerful Washington, D.C., law firm aren't registered as Florida lobbyists, but that hasn't stopped them from wining and dining Attorney General Pam Bondi the past four years to discuss clients.

Bondi dropped suits or declined to investigate cases after numerous behind-the-scenes interactions with the firm, Dickstein Shapiro, the New York Times reported Wednesday.

A Tampa Bay Times/Miami Herald review shows none of the partners were registered to lobby in Florida, meaning their advocacy may have violated state law. They won't be prosecuted unless someone files a sworn complaint with the state.

<snip>
Full Article: http://www.tampabay.com/news/politi...-ties-between-pam-bondi-and-lobbyists/2204314

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's not unusual for fellow airheads to support each other.

Pam-Bondi-and-Trump-640x498.jpg

freethinker

Sponsor

Where is the Scientology connection in all this?

CommunicatorIC

Where is the Scientology connection in all this?
None. As I stated below the link to the Breibart story: "No mention of Scientology." I saw the news report about Bondi's endorsement of Trump, remembered the story referenced in this thread, and cross-posted the news of Bondi's endorsement of Trump because Bondi had been in the news re: Scientology.

freethinker

Sponsor

I saw your note that Breitbart didn't mention Scientology but I see no connection to Scientology in the OP of this thread.

None. As I stated below the link to the Breibart story: "No mention of Scientology." I saw the news report about Bondi's endorsement of Trump, remembered the story referenced in this thread, and cross-posted the news of Bondi's endorsement of Trump because Bondi had been in the news re: Scientology.

CommunicatorIC

I saw your note that Breitbart didn't mention Scientology but I see no connection to Scientology in the OP of this thread.
"Scientology" is not mentioned in the OP of the thread. Scientologists are. One may (or of course may not) draw the inference that the distinction is because the Church of Scientology knows that as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entity it cannot directly make political contributions. It is standard operating procedure for such 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entities to not make such contributions, but instead to have their parishioners "voluntarily" and "self-determinedly" do so. (You know, voluntary and self-determined as with disconnection.)

In any event, the OP notes:

Scientologists raising money for Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi.

Tony Ortega: http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/29/sci...k-out-edition/

Excerpt:
Speaking of donations, a tipster pointed out that Scientologists are helping to raise money for Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi in her re-election effort.

Super-rich church members Michael and Liz Baybak — huge donors to Scientology — are hosting a party for Bondi on Tuesday, and you can go too — as long as you fork over a minimum of $1,000…

attachment.php

Our tipster tells us that Scientology’s whales have been invited to the event, which is being organized by OT 8s Brett Miller and Jill Hagan. (The Sigals are also high on the Bridge.) Besides the Baybaks, Trish Duggan is also expected to attend. (Bob and Trish Duggan are by far the biggest donors to Scientology, having given what we estimate to be more than $50 million.)

We’re also told that Scientologists are spreading the rumor that Bondi has visited the Fort Harrison Hotel several times, and that she also had the church’s “Truth About Drugs” material available in her office. Church members are being told that Bondi is in a tough race, and Scientologists need to do what they can to help her win. (Actually, Bondi, a Republican and an incumbent, is expected to sail easily to re-election in November.)

Now that’s some good “safepointing” in action. You think Pam will go home with a full copy of RON: The Encyclopedia?
I guess one could take the position that a pod of Scientology whales coming together to raise campaign money for Pam Bondi is coincidental and completely unrelated to Scientology. Perhaps YMMV.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

.."Church members are being told that Bondi is in a tough race, and Scientologists need to do what they can to help her win."

I wonder who is/was doing the telling? And where? and in what capacity?
Sounds a lot like 1974 when scientologist were sent out to support IIRC Jerry Brown in California.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Excerpt: I guess one could take the position that a pod of Scientology whales coming together to raise campaign money for Pam Bondi is coincidental and completely unrelated to Scientology. Perhaps YMMV.

Staying on the good side of the Florida Attorney General is part of "PRO Area Control" policy.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

COMPLAINT FILED OVER DONALD TRUMP FOUNDATION’S TIES TO PAM BONDI

A watchdog group on Monday filed a complaint against Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump‘s foundation, saying it violated its tax-exempt status when it contributed $25,000 in 2013 toward Attorney General Pam Bondi‘s re-election.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW, asked the Internal Revenue Service to “investigate whether the Trump Foundation violated federal law.” The group also said the foundation failed to disclose the contribution in its annual financial disclosure.

In September 2013, the foundation gave $25,000 to “And Justice for All,” an electioneering communications organization (ECO) that supported Bondi’s re-election. Under state law, ECOs can only pay for things such as television, radio or digital ads.

The donation came about the same time that New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman sued Trump for $40 million, citing dozens of complaints over the now-defunct “Trump University.”

Schneiderman alleged the program enticed students with a get-rich-from-real-estate scheme, then socked them with expensive and sub-par seminars. Bondi later decided not to join the suit, which is still pending.

continues: http://floridapolitics.com/archives/205166-complaint-filed-donald-trump-foundations-ties-pam-bondi

1572790.jpg