What's new

Scientology erects giant mural in downtown Clearwater

The circus is coming to town

4551305000_e3c79517ec_o.jpg

Purple Rain

Crusader
That's the fundamental problem with the concept of "fines" against businesses and other large organizations by governmental entities. Rarely are the "fines" large enough to preclude their being considered as "just the cost of doing business".

I think they should be able to confiscate it. I mean, they tow your car if you leave it somewhere you're not allowed to. Why shouldn't they be able to tow your sign?

freethinker

Sponsor
They were also fined over 400,000 dollars for letting the Bloatpower building sit dormant for years without updating their permit or carrying out construction.:yes:
I think it's about time the Clearwater officials started thinking big when it comes to the fines it issues to CofS.

I mean, $2,000 for cutting down two trees? How about $200,000?

And $250 per day for the sign? How about $25,000 per day?

That would at least make DM pay attention.

It reminds me of a comment made by British film maker Michael Winner when someone asked him about parking in London. At the time a parking ticket was about 60 pounds. Michael Winner said: "I can park anywhere I like in London and at any time and it only costs me 60 pounds. Marvellous!".

They were also fined over 400,000 dollars for letting the Bloatpower building sit dormant for years without updating their permit or carrying out construction.:yes:
If Scientologists were able to think rationally, they would mention that the next time they received a call from someone at the cult trying to shake them down for a donation, by saying; why don't you squeeze it out of the people responsible for wasting $400K on fines because you couldn't get your shit together?

Purple Rain

Crusader
It would be nice if the people of Clearwater organised a mass city-wide protest, led by the mayor maybe, to coincide with the Scientology event! Lol!

Edit: I like this mayor!!!

It would be nice if the people of Clearwater organised a mass city-wide protest, led by the mayor maybe, to coincide with the Scientology event! Lol!

It would be nice if the mayor would grow a pair and have the police put padlocks on the building and tent until they followed the rules, just like they would do to any other businesses which were repeat offenders and in current violation of city ordinances.

Anonycat

Crusader
If Scientologists were able to think rationally, they would mention that the next time they received a call from someone at the cult trying to shake them down for a donation, by saying; why don't you squeeze it out of the people responsible for wasting $400K on fines because you couldn't get your shit together?

They must have been properly hatted for paying fees due to negligence, or defiance of law.

Purple Rain

Crusader
They must have been properly hatted for paying fees due to negligence, or defiance of law.

The problem is that the mayor is still expecting something that calls itself a church to act that way, when he should really expect them to act like an organised crime outfit.

Anonycat

Crusader
The problem is that the mayor is still expecting something that calls itself a church to act that way, when he should really expect them to act like an organised crime outfit.

After watching the video in 4's link, I saw how mad he is, so mad he's going on the news and saying so. And why. The cult thinks they are above the law and exploit their opportunities at total disregard for law, and the community, and don't pay taxes and are blatantly defiant because they can afford it.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Has the Mayor of Clearwater been "bought" with blood money from Scientology?

Have the likes of Bennetta Slaughter brown nosed him with their "helping politicians with their favorite charities" act but keep "Scientology" out of it during "OPERATION BROWN-NOSE"?

Later, the Scientologist will ask the politician to speak at a "Grand Opening" of some Scientology Scam reading off a teleprompter speeches written in "Shermanspeak"?

Of course, after the "favor is granted by the Secret Scientologist", The Russian Mind Control Member instructs that the victim (politician) will now feel they owe a favor. This is when the Bennetta Slaughterist asks the politician to speak at a Grand Opening of some new Scientology Scam.

Prior to the SHOW - they will be fed the usual Scientology Scam Propaganda and be shown videos of STAFF sitting in course rooms giving the politician the ILLUSION that Scientology actually has public people attending this "religion".

Slide shows of Volunteer Minister's (public that have paid their own way to go to Haiti to help after disaster donning the VM T-Shirt they paid $20 for. And all Scientology does is send their INT Gold Slaves to photo graph and take credit for the "help"...

Non-profits can be turned in for contributing to "policitical" agenda's!! I think there may be some SP's out here that can attest....:whistling:

Also, you can send the Mayor the "Operation Brown Nose the Politician" Tek and let them read the mind control methods themselves!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Update from SP Times:

Scientology calls tent wrap important, but city declares it an illegal sign
Church of Scientology representatives made their pitch to a key city official Thursday, attempting to persuade him that a colorful wrap covering the church's massive tent downtown isn't a sign, but an crucial part of several upcoming church celebrations.

But city planning director Michael Delk remained unmoved. He concluded the tent wrap is an illegal sign, and he said he will post a notice of violation on the property by the close of business Friday.

Read Full Story: http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...-but-city-declares-it-an-illegal-sign/2150189

Anonycat

Crusader
I believe that the Mayor has made it clear that neither he or his city will be brazenly disregarded when it comes to the laws. I heard him asking for common decency and the help of scientologists to speak up. Soon, he'll be sure. They are not going to back down, and he won't find any Clearwater staff calling him with support. Now if they secretly wanted to cancel all the events, that would be one thing, but I don't feel like that's their plan. It's to walk all over Clearwater, and do whatever the hell they want. As the days pass the mayor gets firmer* and firmer.

* this has nothing to do with setting your cocks forward, but DM is asking to get screwed.