Shiny & Free
From OCMB:

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=310254#310254

"26 JUNE 95

(to) HAS PBC

(from) CO CADET ESTATES ORG

RE: YR RUSH DISPATCH

Dear Ed,

Sorry, I have not been on the base and just recently recieved this fax.

I called the phone number you gave and it was constantly busy.

Here is the data you requested:

1. Where do they start?

First of all there is an issue that I am sending to you - CLO WUS ED 722 of 22 Mar 74.

All of these points have to be in without exception. Additionally, we will need the additional data of what health insurance is set up for the child (e.g. medical, medicare, etc), the PC folders for the kids if they have one, ethics summary or file if this exists.

BOTH children must want to join the Sea Organization. This includes the father who has to give her (sic) permission that this is okay and to abide by the Sea Org policies in regards to liberties, etc. OSA INT is supposed to be working on getting these revised and issued, but in the meantime we are using the old forms.

If the child fits the requirements, he or she may qualify for the Ranch. The usual way if finding this out is by testing, and then doing crams or instructs and a TIP in order to have the points laid out and finite.

Once the requirements for the Ranch have been completed then the child does the routing form, gets a Fitness Board, signs a Sea Org contract, and then goes to the Ranch where he or she will be a 3rd class Cadet once the requirements are met and they go on the payroll where they get $15.00 per week allowance.

The children will need physical examinations and a vaccination record, and the waivers filled in by the parent (available from the doctor's office and from my HAS CEO).

Financial arrangements need to be made as to payment of childcare, etc. from the org he or she will be working for.

For anyone in the pre-school, they are taught phonics and then every course is taught by Scn checksheet on the basics, Reading, Writing (penmanship and calligraphy), and arithmatic.

The learn to read for their grade level in Math, Reading (SRA reading lab courses), an they have 2-1/2 hours per day on Scientology studies. They also have 2-1/2 hours of daily MEST work in addition to keeping their own areas clean, personal daily hygiene, and helping as a group member.

They have to follow the 5 LRH rules for children:

1. Obey orders.
2. Be good.
3. Get 6 hours of study per day.
4. Keep your area tidy and yourself clean.
5. Work together as a group.

Sports at the ATA consists (until we can get them to the Ranch) of team games and group activities. Sometimes basketball, or baseball as we have a part-time coach that takes them out on the weekends.

At the Ranch, they are mainly playing basketball and baseball for one hour per day, and this is supervised by the Cadet Coordinator who is a Senior HOC INT Qualled person.

As far as the child goes, their parents are encouraged to visit the child during mealtimes, and other times per the schedule. The main point to realize is that for the child it is a First and Third dynamic activity, and the way that the second dynamic comes into play is that they get to see each other of they are upstat and qualify for Liberties.

The Ranch is situated 54 miles away in the town of Saugus on a piece of property that's 32 acres big. They have 6 horses, various animals, rabbits, etc. There are 2 full time security guards on post, and 9 crew to service the children, including two HPCSC's and a Class 8 Qual Sec. MEST work is 4 hours a day on the grounds daily, including common cleaning stations, personal hygene, etc.

They have single beds per law which is 50 sq feet per child. We have emergency facilities, and there is regular WQSB drilling being done in the event of emergency, then all have their proper posts as cadets.

In order to graduate as a Cadet they have to have:

A. A 10,000 word vocabulary. This is done per standard tests on this and verified by Qual before the certificate is issued. Extensive wordclearing is used throughout.

B. Must be able to write, compose elegantly and swiftly. More so than the average adult.

C. Must be able to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, as well as know degrees, minutes and seconds (nautical AB requirements for when they are in the Sea Org.)

Once the abov/e (sic) are awarded, then the complete their EPF courses (Product 0), and report to CMO INT of CMO PAC for posting. At which point they are no longer in our org.

The schedule generally calls for wake up at 6:30 AM, cleaning stattions (sic), hygiene points in, uniform inspections, muster and drilling. Then they get transportation from the AB berthing to the ATA and eat breakfast, clean up, more study, and then decks time. After decks projects they cleanup (sic) and get ready for dinner, then cleanup (sic) and go to the AB where they get ready for bed, take a shower, cleaning stations, etc.

Saturdays and Sundays are usually outings for the upstats, and CSP for the dorms and the AB and ATA.

That's basically it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ML, Tom"

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
From OCMB:

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=310254#310254

"26 JUNE 95

(to) HAS PBC

(from) CO CADET ESTATES ORG

RE: YR RUSH DISPATCH

Dear Ed,

Sorry, I have not been on the base and just recently recieved this fax.

I called the phone number you gave and it was constantly busy.

Here is the data you requested:

1. Where do they start?

First of all there is an issue that I am sending to you - CLO WUS ED 722 of 22 Mar 74.

All of these points have to be in without exception. Additionally, we will need the additional data of what health insurance is set up for the child (e.g. medical, medicare, etc), the PC folders for the kids if they have one, ethics summary or file if this exists.

BOTH children must want to join the Sea Organization. This includes the father who has to give her (sic) permission that this is okay and to abide by the Sea Org policies in regards to liberties, etc. OSA INT is supposed to be working on getting these revised and issued, but in the meantime we are using the old forms.

If the child fits the requirements, he or she may qualify for the Ranch. The usual way if finding this out is by testing, and then doing crams or instructs and a TIP in order to have the points laid out and finite.

Once the requirements for the Ranch have been completed then the child does the routing form, gets a Fitness Board, signs a Sea Org contract, and then goes to the Ranch where he or she will be a 3rd class Cadet once the requirements are met and they go on the payroll where they get $15.00 per week allowance.

The children will need physical examinations and a vaccination record, and the waivers filled in by the parent (available from the doctor's office and from my HAS CEO).

Financial arrangements need to be made as to payment of childcare, etc. from the org he or she will be working for.

For anyone in the pre-school, they are taught phonics and then every course is taught by Scn checksheet on the basics, Reading, Writing (penmanship and calligraphy), and arithmatic.

The learn to read for their grade level in Math, Reading (SRA reading lab courses), an they have 2-1/2 hours per day on Scientology studies. They also have 2-1/2 hours of daily MEST work in addition to keeping their own areas clean, personal daily hygiene, and helping as a group member.

They have to follow the 5 LRH rules for children:

1. Obey orders.
2. Be good.
3. Get 6 hours of study per day.
4. Keep your area tidy and yourself clean.
5. Work together as a group.

Sports at the ATA consists (until we can get them to the Ranch) of team games and group activities. Sometimes basketball, or baseball as we have a part-time coach that takes them out on the weekends.

At the Ranch, they are mainly playing basketball and baseball for one hour per day, and this is supervised by the Cadet Coordinator who is a Senior HOC INT Qualled person.

As far as the child goes, their parents are encouraged to visit the child during mealtimes, and other times per the schedule. The main point to realize is that for the child it is a First and Third dynamic activity, and the way that the second dynamic comes into play is that they get to see each other of they are upstat and qualify for Liberties.

The Ranch is situated 54 miles away in the town of Saugus on a piece of property that's 32 acres big. They have 6 horses, various animals, rabbits, etc. There are 2 full time security guards on post, and 9 crew to service the children, including two HPCSC's and a Class 8 Qual Sec. MEST work is 4 hours a day on the grounds daily, including common cleaning stations, personal hygene, etc.

They have single beds per law which is 50 sq feet per child. We have emergency facilities, and there is regular WQSB drilling being done in the event of emergency, then all have their proper posts as cadets.

In order to graduate as a Cadet they have to have:

A. A 10,000 word vocabulary. This is done per standard tests on this and verified by Qual before the certificate is issued. Extensive wordclearing is used throughout.

B. Must be able to write, compose elegantly and swiftly. More so than the average adult.

C. Must be able to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, as well as know degrees, minutes and seconds (nautical AB requirements for when they are in the Sea Org.)

Once the abov/e (sic) are awarded, then the complete their EPF courses (Product 0), and report to CMO INT of CMO PAC for posting. At which point they are no longer in our org.

The schedule generally calls for wake up at 6:30 AM, cleaning stattions (sic), hygiene points in, uniform inspections, muster and drilling. Then they get transportation from the AB berthing to the ATA and eat breakfast, clean up, more study, and then decks time. After decks projects they cleanup (sic) and get ready for dinner, then cleanup (sic) and go to the AB where they get ready for bed, take a shower, cleaning stations, etc.

Saturdays and Sundays are usually outings for the upstats, and CSP for the dorms and the AB and ATA.

That's basically it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ML, Tom"

It is such a joy to rear children, why would parents want to turn their children over to others? Children are so theta and can teach parents a lot. We learn about ourselves through our children and learn to dig deep within ourselves to question our fixed ideas and our institutions.

lrnobs

Patron with Honors
"and the way that the second dynamic comes into play is that they get to see each other of they are upstat and qualify for Liberties."

Have to earn basic family love. Sad.

ML - Much Love. Haven't seen that abbreviation for quite a while. I don't know if that is an Scn abbrev or was ever in use in the real world.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Definitely a 'Ronism'

Zinj

I think that particular valediction is used elsewhere or was used before CoS, if not commonly.

I sent a telex uplines once to a senior terminal who had never introduced themselves but was insistent I get the org solvent in the next two weeks.

I tried to phrase my meaning (you must be fuckin' joking!) as tactfully as I could, but the HAS insisted on replacing my "sincerely" with "much love". I'm sure that was sufficient to convince the recipient of my covert hostility. :)

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
"and the way that the second dynamic comes into play is that they get to see each other of they are upstat and qualify for Liberties."

Have to earn basic family love. Sad.

ML - Much Love. Haven't seen that abbreviation for quite a while. I don't know if that is an Scn abbrev or was ever in use in the real world.

I worked with a Scientologist who had been reared in a Kibbutz and he rarely saw his parents. Yes, the 2d is abberrated, but the "handle" for that is not to suppress it, but to learn how to express it on a higher channel. If Scientology had taught mothers how to be real mothers, well, it wouldn't be very popular then, would it? :no:

Good twin

Floater
I worked with a Scientologist who had been reared in a Kibbutz and he rarely saw his parents. Yes, the 2d is abberrated, but the "handle" for that is not to suppress it, but to learn how to express it on a higher channel. If Scientology had taught mothers how to be real mothers, well, it wouldn't be very popular then, would it? :no:

As I recall Ruth Minshull tried, but was suppressed. "Miracles for Breakfast" was a wonderful book for a sane yet Scientological way to raise children. (IMO)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

This is the part that gets me.
Just cut out the 2nd dynamic unless you are "upstat" per insane definitions of stats.
My heart aches for the babies who had/have this life. :grouch:

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Do you know what gets me? The academics. What is the level of education of the individuals supplying the education to these children? Did they ever finish 4th grade math themselves?

Is this real! Or is this just a proposed thing? Do they really hold these kids back this terrifically?

These children were expected to sign their SO contracts right? So these were not 3 year olds, but older children.

In the real world, students at 6th through 8th grade levels are learning Pre-Algebra through Algebra I (Symbolic reasoning and calculations with symbols, and a basic understanding/practice with calculations and the language of Algebra)

When students arrive in high school in the California school system at least, it is expected that they will be able to pass Algebra I their freshman year, if not already done in 8th grade.

Many go directly to Geometry and a higher level of Algebra II(which includes the solution of systems of quadratic equations, logarithmic and exponential functions, the binomial theorem, and the complex number system.)

It cracks me up that all they state that these kids need to know is basic math, minutes and seconds. OMG

The below average High School student would be able to eat them for breakfast!

Forget about what these kids would not learn about the sciences, history, literature, computer tech, foreign language, etc., etc., etc.

If this is so, they would be producing a generation of kids that would be potentially intellectually many years behind the average child their own age on the outside.

Criminal :angry:

Am I wrong on this?

What is really going on?

Are there highly trained instructors teaching these kids the basics any kid their age would know?

or are they breeding future robots that won't be able to function outside the SO at any level?

Anyone know?

In the real world, students at 6th through 8th grade levels are learning Pre-Algebra through Algebra I (Symbolic reasoning and calculations with symbols, and a basic understanding/practice with calculations and the language of Algebra)

When students arrive in high school in the California school system at least, it is expected that they will be able to pass Algebra I their freshman year, if not already done in 8th grade.

Many go directly to Geometry and a higher level of Algebra II(which includes the solution of systems of quadratic equations, logarithmic and exponential functions, the binomial theorem, and the complex number system.)

It cracks me up that all they state that these kids need to know is basic math, minutes and seconds. OMG

The below average High School student would be able to eat them for breakfast!

Forget about what these kids would not learn about the sciences, history, literature, computer tech, foreign language, etc., etc., etc.

If this is so, they would be producing a generation of kids that would be potentially intellectually many years behind the average child their own age on the outside.

Criminal :angry:

Am I wrong on this?

What is really going on?

Are there highly trained instructors teaching these kids the basics any kid their age would know?

or are they breeding future robots that won't be able to function outside the SO at any level?

Anyone know?

I think, in general, that you are presupposing more than the average school kid is capable of.

Your words tell me that you are damn smart. My children were relatively smart in school too. My youngest just got admitted to Stanford Business school in the fall. I wasn't particularly stupid either.

I grew up in an upper middle class area filled with doctors and professors and car dealership owners. I graduated high school in 1968. I have a vivid mental picture of a boy in my grade who was still having trouble with multiplication. There were kids who I considered stupid because they were only in Algebra. These are kids, who I later recognized had many other strengths and abilities that I had not seen because the academic caste system was so preponderant. They went on to found big companies, drive Ferraris, and in general succeeded with hard work and good communication.

Speaking for myself, I like the game of Go, a thousand year old Oriental game of logic. My children talk geek. "Do you know there are only 10 types of people, those who know binary, and those who don't?" Yet, the only times I've ever used algebra (since high school) were when I was helping my children with their homework.

Henry Ford, a relatively adept being said, "History is bunk." I think there is an argument that could be made for that. I don't subscribe, myself.

As for English, it drives me crazy all the people who write "your" when they mean "you're" or vice versa. But, in the long run, they communicate fine.

My feeling is that our present schooling system was devised with the purpose of pulling children from the job market, thereby upping the value of adult labor.

I really see no need for skills, academically speaking, more than reading, writing, and basic math. I would love for students to get logic, the tone scale, and obnosis training. I don't see that happening any time soon.

As to the Sea Org schooling, I'm sure it is awful. That's like Louis, the Captain of the Police in "Casablanca," being "shocked to find that there is gambling going on upstairs."

If you want my thoughts on criminal, it is not letting them be internet savy.

Last edited:

duddins

Patron Meritorious
I think, in general, that you are presupposing more than the average school kid is capable of.

Your words tell me that you are damn smart. My children were relatively smart in school too. My youngest just got admitted to Stanford Business school in the fall. I wasn't particularly stupid either.

I grew up in an upper middle class area filled with doctors and professors and car dealership owners. I graduated high school in 1968. I have a vivid mental picture of a boy in my grade who was still having trouble with multiplication. There were kids who I considered stupid because they were only in Algebra. These are kids, who I later recognized had many other strengths and abilities that I had not seen because the academic caste system was so
preponderant. They went on to found big companies, drive Ferraris, and in general succeeded with hard work and good communication.

Speaking for myself, I like the game of Go, a thousand year old Oriental game of logic. My children talk geek. "Do you know there are only 10 types of people, those who know binary, and those who don't?" Yet, the only times I've ever used algebra (since high school) were when I was helping my children with their homework.

Henry Ford, a relatively adept being said, "History is bunk." I think there is an argument that could be made for that. I don't subscribe, myself.

As for English, it drives me crazy all the people who write "your" when they mean "you're" or vice versa. But, in the long run, they communicate fine.

My feeling is that our present schooling system was devised with the purpose of pulling children from the job market, thereby upping the value of adult labor.

I really see no need for skills, academically speaking, more than reading, writing, and basic math. I would love for students to get logic, the tone scale, and obnosis training. I don't see that happening any time soon.

As to the Sea Org schooling, I'm sure it is awful. That's like Louis, the Captain of the Police in "Casablanca," being "shocked to find that there is gambling going on upstairs."

If you want my thoughts on criminal, it is not letting them be internet savy.

You sound quite smart to me too Carmelo! Congratulations on your child's success! I would guess that your youngest having been admitted into Stanford has a grasp of a great deal more than just the basics!

I was not really presupposing what kids are capable of I was going off of what I know is being taught and learned.

I feel pretty confident in what kids picking up in school because I teach high school Physical Science and Biology.

I agree about the internet....but then again if insiders become internet savy they may find sites like this...and that just would not be good for the C of S now would it? :whistling:

Can't say I agree on all of your points....I believe that although an individual may or may not utilize algebra in life, getting through it allows kids a greater chance to make choices.

For example, how many people limit their possibilities because they do not think they can do it (not smart enough to do this or that)?

This was the case for me earilier in life. I did not know what I wanted to do until I struggled through certain courses I had to take and subsequently found I had an aptitude for them.

On whether or not an individual can succeed on good sense, communication, hard work and basics...I could not argue that point for I know it to be true.

However, I would argue that these individuals you mention represent a smaller percent of the population. The greater percent of the population will never see a Ferrari let alone own one.

Being a teacher, I have made it my vocation to encourage every child to shine and sometimes that takes a push in a direction beyond just the basics.

But sometimes it takes just finding one thing special about them and letting them know you notice and value it. Not every kid wants a Ferrari. :eyeroll:

I cannot argue that there is an academic caste system in the US. I do not agree with it. But it exists.

But this site is not for me to rant about the atrocities of public education....but to be concerned about how children in the Sea Org are being limited.

It appears to me that as part of the control process, the C of S limits the outside influence of education. I base this on past reports of SO kids not doing well in "wog" schools and dropping out or getting kicked out. SO kids growing up without an education beyond LRH tech and policies. There are accounts of individuals here on this site, that left the SO and had a rough time on the outside because they did not have an education. That has got to be tough. Many jobs require minimally a High School diploma.

Limiting them to only the basics is not giving children the opportunity to do more if they wish.

But why would SO management care about that?.....the Ideal Sea Org member is a robot that will say "Yes Sir"...."No Sir"....will work 14-18 hours a day without questioning, and live on beans and rice to boot.

A slave labor force. So why would they need an education?

Last edited:
Duddins,

I agree completely with what you wrote above.

While I'm not happy with the general ed system of the US. I chafed as our schools limited (or tried to limit) my children and grandchildren's real life educations.

Your points above regarding SO education or lack thereof is really criminal, and probably unlawful.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Duddins,

I agree completely with what you wrote above.

While I'm not happy with the general ed system of the US. I chafed as our schools limited (or tried to limit) my children and grandchildren's real life educations.

Your points above regarding SO education or lack thereof is really criminal, and probably unlawful.

Dear Carmelo.... and Thank you.

Just to amplify the fact that we are on the same page here.....I became a teacher in spite of all of the horrible teachers I have had in the past.....those who hindered my progress motivate me to be a better educator as much as the ones who inspired me.

Just a bit of background on my angst:

My little brother was in the SO with my mother and father and I. I got my family involved and they followed me into the SO.

While in the SO at the complex in LA my parents were sent off on varied tasks and not given the opportunity to monitor my brother or his progress in school. My brother rebelled against what was happening to his family as many a young kid will.

When he was between the age of 11-13 years old, he was running the streets, ditching school while in fact noone monitored him or his progress at all.

He was introduced to street drugs while my father was sent off on a long term mission and my mom was ridden 14 hours a day on the EPF and continued MEST work.

They finally routed out, but tons of damage had already been done. :touched:

In a way I feel responsible that I got them involved...I used to believe. Naivity.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ruth Minshull

Just a quick mention of Ruth Minshull. Since she's been mentioned in this thread, I'd like to draw people's attention to this page from which e-copies of her books can be downloaded for free;

http://www.whale.to/b/minshull_h.html

I wish there were more writers like her putting Tech data in easily readable and comprehensible form. I've heard it said that "How To Choose Your People" is the best Scientology book ever.

Veda

Sponsor
Just a quick mention of Ruth Minshull. Since she's been mentioned in this thread, I'd like to draw people's attention to this page from which e-copies of her books can be downloaded for free;

http://www.whale.to/b/minshull_h.html

I wish there were more writers like her putting Tech data in easily readable and comprehensible form. I've heard it said that "How To Choose Your People" is the best Scientology book ever.

As your link demonstrates (click 'goldcenturypress'), lurking behind Ruth Minshull, and her books, which (I liked and which) brought many people into Scientology, was the Commodore and his pal Xenu - and they're still there!

Talk about dark comedy!!!

How to Choose Your People!

Oi.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
As your link demonstrates (click 'goldcenturypress'), lurking behind Ruth Minshull, and her books, which (I liked and which) brought many people into Scientology, was the Commodore and his pal Xenu - and they're still there!

And the copyright is still assigned to the CofS. I just checked the online search engine at the US Copyright Office.

Paul

byte301

Crusader
I knew some people that sent their kid to Delphi. He went when he was about 7, got out at 17. He could only read at a 4th grade level. It's sad because these people could afford to send him anywhere and they chose Delphi.:no:

a couple of my friends (different sets of parents) sent their kids to Delphi. One ended up a dancer, artist, and chiropractor the other, a software designer.

I think that is pretty good.

I knew some people that sent their kid to Delphi. He went when he was about 7, got out at 17. He could only read at a 4th grade level. It's sad because these people could afford to send him anywhere and they chose Delphi.:no: