What's new

SCIENTOLOGY FILES FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT AGAINST DEBBIE COOK

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

:hysterical:

(Operation) Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. . .

1. Starring David Miscavich as WHEEZY

2. Co-Starring Kendrick Moxon as SLEEZY

3. Special guest cameo of Heber Jentzsch as CHEEZY

4. .....​

EDIT: I just saw that LA SCN was just posting "SLEAZY" too. LOL. I wonder if we can find 7 rhymes for WHEEZY?

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
Had company this weekend so I'm just catching up on events. I'm excited, but nervous!! The judicial system is in a position to make a sweeping change in the US and set some critical precidents. I'm just not confident that the people in that position will have the guts.

So far I'm liking Texans, though. I'm hoping at least one of them sees that the First Amendment is being used to protect the abuses, fraud and criminal actions of CoS. Our Constitution is intended to protect the CITIZENS of this country, not the criminal organizations.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Why, that's EASY!

In fact ...

BREEZY
EASY
GREASY
MEASLY
QUEASY
WEASELLY

CRUISEY?
SURI?

Or is that too much of a stretch?

And then we have Bashful, who I am told has done a lot of auditing about his times in LA's fine bath house establishments......

I know this is a minor point, that in the start of the summary judgment they are described as former staff members, instead of being former employees or volunteers. Are there any legal ramifications to that distinction?

Mimsey

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I know this is a minor point, that in the start of the summary judgment they are described as former staff members, instead of being former employees or volunteers. Are there any legal ramifications to that distinction?

Mimsey

The one I can think of off the top of my head is glaring lack of consistency. That's far more significant than any legal doctrine. And believe it or not, these detailed things can be very persuasive.

Other than that, I can't see why it would matter. The staff member is a title as far as I can tell, not the nature of the relationship (volunteer versus employee).

Purple Rain

Crusader
Had company this weekend so I'm just catching up on events. I'm excited, but nervous!! The judicial system is in a position to make a sweeping change in the US and set some critical precidents. I'm just not confident that the people in that position will have the guts.

So far I'm liking Texans, though. I'm hoping at least one of them sees that the First Amendment is being used to protect the abuses, fraud and criminal actions of CoS. Our Constitution is intended to protect the CITIZENS of this country, not the criminal organizations.

I also worry about the Scientology history of harassing judges.

Petey C

Jgg 2 minutes ago

As defined in Black's Law Dictionary (7th ed. 1999), disparagement is "A false and injurious statement that discredits or detracts from the reputation of another's property, product, or business. To recover in tort for disparagement, the plaintiff must prove that the statement caused a third party to take some action resulting in specific pecuniary loss to the plaintiff." So, there cannot be summary judgment unless the email criticizing Miscavige was clearly false and, if anything, it was clearly true--all of the abuses she mentioned are well-known on the web and have never been denied under oath by David Miscavige. At the very least, the motion should have an affidavit by Miscavige denying the truth of the allegations. Such an affidavit would be expected. The court will wonder why it is not there, and where is Mr. Miscavige?

THIS! ^^^

I find the constant release of court docs, etc to the VV ( other than the ones that are public knowledge) an interesting ploy. It no doubt infuriates His Daveness and provokes him to do more stupid stuff in retaliation, thus strengthening Debbie's position, that she was coerced into signing the onerous docs.

Mimsey

GreyLensman

I met her a few years after I squeezed myself away from the Church.

She has helped me much in my education of the world outside of the Hubbardistic confines of the Church.

When I squeezed away I was determined to find a non-scientologist wife who knew how to make things go right without having the obssesive compulsive desire to use Hubbardistic drivel to do so.

Oh dear, is that a serfac?

Rd00

No, not a serv fac, but you might be Bypassing Normal Habits and Routines (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh).

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I told my wife that the Church filed a 33 page document petitioning for Summary Judgement. Her only remark was that it is probably going to take a judge a long time to read that.

My take on the 33 pages is this.

It is a footbullet. But what else would we expect.

Why do I think it is a footbullet?

The way I look at it is this...

The more "evidence" they put forth to claim Sumamry Judgement means that opens more doors for Jeffrey to present counter evidence in order to refute the Sumary Judgement claim.

I suspect that Jeffrey is not required to produce counter evidence for every single piece of evidence but only has to produce enough to show the judge a Summary Judgement is a meaningless concept in this case.

Sort of a multiple choice test with 1 question with 20 parts. If you get one part wrong then you flunk the whole test.

I will have to ask my wife about this and see what she says.

Rd00

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
This morning I had a sort of AHA moment. Y'know as much as the Co$ litigates, we've never ever seen a defamation suit by Slappy McSavage. He didn't want a finder of fact to evaluate the truthfullness of what the defrocked apostates say about the beatings and abuse.

But now that's exactly what's gonna happen via a duress defense by Debbie.

:footbullet:

The footbullets and fail become more and more epic as I think about this!

:hysterical:

Ladybird

I told my wife that the Church filed a 33 page document petitioning for Summary Judgement. Her only remark was that it is probably going to take a judge a long time to read that.

My take on the 33 pages is this.

It is a footbullet. But what else would we expect.

Why do I think it is a footbullet?

The way I look at it is this...

The more "evidence" they put forth to claim Sumamry Judgement means that opens more doors for Jeffrey to present counter evidence in order to refute the Sumary Judgement claim.

I suspect that Jeffrey is not required to produce counter evidence for every single piece of evidence but only has to produce enough to show the judge a Summary Judgement is a meaningless concept in this case.

Sort of a multiple choice test with 1 question with 20 parts. If you get one part wrong then you flunk the whole test.

I will have to ask my wife about this and see what she says.

Rd00

I agree that it will take a judge a long time to read all that. I further suspect that most judges have seen these tactics of "bury them with paper work" and do not appreciate it when the cult (or others) use these tactics.

L. Ron Hubbard repeats himself enough times across the years to make one wonder if perhaps he really meant what he said:

++++++++++++ SACRED CULT SCRIPTURE +++++++++++++

"The purpose of a lawsuit is to harass and discourage rather than to
win.... Don't ever defend. Always attack. Find or manufacture enough
threat against them to cause them to sue for peace. Originate a black PR
campaign to destroy the person's repute and to discredit them so
thoroughly they will be ostracized. Be alert to sue for slander at the
slightest chance so as to discourage the public presses from mentioning
Scientology.

It is my specific intention that by the use of professional PR (black PR)
tactics any opposition not only be dulled but permanently iradicated."
-- L. Ron Hubbard
HCOPL 30 May 1974

Arthur Dent

++++++++++++ SACRED CULT SCRIPTURE +++++++++++++

I hope that this "policy" is well and clearly presented to the Judge as the church's tactic by Debbie's attorney.

Why can Debbie not file criminal charges? Is battery not a crime? If Davey didn't hit her, it's clear his minion(s) did hit and/abuse her at his behest. Why no criminal charges??? It is the only thing that will put an end to the abuses, IMHO. Hopefully, she is not being advised not to file criminal charges by any who may be guilty of the same. That would just be wrong.

Gadfly

Crusader
I hope that this "policy" is well and clearly presented to the Judge as the church's tactic by Debbie's attorney.

It would be nice but I doubt it. Since Debbie is still a kool-aid drinking mindless fanatic, in the style and behavior of Marty & Co,. I doubt she will do anything that shows that HUBBARD WROTE THE POLICY AND ORDERED THE ACTIONS that are so disgusting. That would "besmirch" the "good name" of Mr. L. Ron Hubbard. :duh:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
It would be nice but I doubt it. Since Debbie is still a kool-aid drinking mindless fanatic, in the style and behavior of Marty & Co,. I doubt she will do anything that shows that HUBBARD WROTE THE POLICY AND ORDERED THE ACTIONS that are so disgusting. That would "besmirch" the "good name" of Mr. L. Ron Hubbard. :duh:

I agree. She should only present policy that justifies her action of putting out the email.

KSW (as mentioned by HH)

Ethics Gradients (also mentioned by HH)

From the list of Ethics Offenses out of Introduction to Scientology Ethics as well as on PLs - the part about failure to report gross misapplications of tech and/or policy (Yay! Something I can take credit for and I don't have to mention HH)

She has to show that if this were the 60s she would be singing the Kool Aid song. Remember that song?

Kools Aid Kool Aid, tastes great!
Kool Aid Kool Aid, can't wait!
Wish I had some, and how!
Wish I had some, right now!

Rd00

freethinker

Sponsor
It should be interesting to see how they will prove a loss of money, that will require witnesses or lots of documentation.

It will be particularly difficult because the official statement from the church to Debbies email is that they did nothing but expand after she left.

That's a Moronic Footbullet.
Jgg 2 minutes ago

As defined in Black's Law Dictionary (7th ed. 1999), disparagement is "A false and injurious statement that discredits or detracts from the reputation of another's property, product, or business. To recover in tort for disparagement, the plaintiff must prove that the statement caused a third party to take some action resulting in specific pecuniary loss to the plaintiff."
THIS! ^^^

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
It should be interesting to see how they will prove a loss of money, that will require witnesses or lots of documentation.

It will be particularly difficult because the official statement from the church to Debbies email is that they did nothing but expand after she left.

That's a Moronic Footbullet.

Yeah they opened up Ideal Orgs. That was their expansion.

And just the other day they opened another one, correct? Didn't they just open one in Cincinnati?

Therefore their expansion is continuing.

Then again maybe they can blame the New Haven foreclosure on her.

Rd00

crm1978

Patron with Honors
May be they can try this "Expansion" take a few thousand of the unemployed pay them to fill up those empty ideal orgs then pay them to fill up seats at DM events so that the suckers oops I mean scientologists will think that the cult really is expanding above somewhat tongue in cheek but hey it might work better then photoshopping people into photos !