ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scientology Flag Down Megaraid 5-10-2014, at 11:00 a.m.

Discussion in 'Pickets & Protests General' started by CommunicatorIC, May 7, 2014.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

https://whyweprotest.net/community/find-new/18543231/threads

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

AmaX is not lying about it already being hot here. :melodramatic:

You really DO need to stay hydrated or you're not going to get very far in this march.

3. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Potassium, salt, cell salts/bioplasma and a lot of pure water help to beat the heat.

Coffee, tea and soft drinks/sodas tend to dehydrate one.

It also helps to carry an umbrella so that you can create your own shade if you need it. When I lived in Clearwater, I always carried an umbrella with me during the hot season. That sun can get awfully hot in Florida.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  4. rich

rich Silver Meritorious Patron

How many picketers have gotten heat stroke? I am not asking to be contrary. I am just curious. I am a believer in water and shade myself.

5. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Actually, for folks not used to hot climes . . . like, I grew up in Sydney, Oz . . . so heat is in my veins . . . but I know folks who grew up in cold climes suffer the heat more . . . so, the best handling is to get to one of those "drug stores" and get a bottle of
    Pedialyte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedialyte

Wikipedia

Pedialyte is an oral electrolyte solution manufactured by Abbott Laboratories that is designed to replace fluids and minerals that are lost when a child has . . .

There are store brand versions that are cheap. It is water plus electrolytes that replaces the bodily fluids lost due to excess sweating. Use some water too, but to be most wise; use some pedialyte.

Rog

6. Type4_PTS

For sure it's needed to replace the electrolytes but there's got to be better ways than Pedialyte where you're putting all this artificial crap in your body:

[​IMG]

Just a few snips from the Center for Science in the Public Interest:

Attached Files:

7. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Yeh, don't buy that shit, Type4 . . . . you are right to read the label.

They also make simple plain, un-flavored "pedialyte" . . . . . best is the store brands . . . and it's simple water, electrolytes and glucose or dextrose as the sugar carrier that is the agent for easy transport of the electrolytes into your system. (dextrose is only heated starch i.e., toasted bread :p) The "sugar" content is what makes it work most easily because it carries the minerals.

In actuality, I used it with our cat when she had some bouts of diarrhea. It got the moggy back to good spirits and eating again.

Though Pedialyte is a brand name rather like Kleenex or Xerox . . . it is now the generic name for the thing. I first heard of it when the Red Cross and US Gov agencies were shipping the stuff to help kids and adults in cholera outbreaks. Those that die of cholera die of dehydration from diarrhea and vomiting.

8. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Water is fine for drinking at a Clearwater protest. Just be aware of the public bathrooms in the area you will be protesting. You'll be drinking & pee'ing ALOT.

funny-picture-8718.jpg

9. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

This stuff is the bomb. Sold at Wal-Mart and other fine retailers....

[​IMG]

Ingredients:

http://www.emergenc.com/products#specialty-formulas.electromix

10. gloriana

gloriana Patron

Why pay money when you can mix your own? Per WebMD:

http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/rehydration-drinks

ETA Sorry for the thread drift. Fingers crossed for smooth and successful protest!

11. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I live in the UK. I had to look up the definiton of "hot weather".

Today it's cold and wet here. Or what we call "normal weather".:storm:

12. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Y'er famous for it! :melodramatic:

Shit I suffered the miserable climate when I lived in London . . . damp, bone penetrating cold all the time.

13. Type4_PTS

Here's some video from Flag Down just uploaded yesterday.

If you click on the YouTube button for "Settings" you'll have the option to view it in 720p HD.

(I've not watched it myself as yet so can't comment on it)

[video=youtube;TlSkkdvFlNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlSkkdvFlNE&app=desktop[/video]

14. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

Thanx for the video Type4. Did not recognize you at first in the fur and cute little sailor suit. :wink2:

15. Type4_PTS

LOL, it wasn't I. :no:

I was unmasked and un-costumed :p