What's new

Scientology Flag Down Megaraid 5-10-2014, at 11:00 a.m.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
https://whyweprotest.net/community/find-new/18543231/threads

SEA ARRRRRGH ELEVENTY!!!!11!!!!!1!!

Saturday May 10, 2014
Coachman Park
301 Drew St.
Clearwater, FL

The protest will start at 11:00 AM.

We will have to march for this protest because we can only stand still when we have smaller numbers.

So please make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes.

It's already hot here and the thing about downtown is that even though it's situated right on the water the buildings in that area block the breezes coming off of Clearwater Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.

So please make sure that you wear something as cool and comfortable as possible.

Water, ice, and sports drinks will be provided. THIS IS ONE THING THAT WE CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH---YOU NEED TO STAY HYDRATED! DRINK WATER BEFORE YOU COME DOWNTOWN. DRINK BEFORE WE START MARCHING. TAKE A BOTTLE OF WATER WITH YOU IF YOU CAN CARRY IT. WE WILL BE WATCHING EVERYONE TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE DRINKING. IF YOU ARE WALKING AND YOU GET THIRSTY TELL SOMEONE AND WE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. DO NOT IGNORE BEING THIRSTY!

LET THERE BE CAKE.

We will have some signage for people, but if you have a favorite sign then bring it.

MASK UP. It's okay in Clearwater to wear a GF mask, bandana, or figure out some other way to disguise your face if you need to remain anonymous.

This is the sort of thing we need to see when you protest here.

The person farthest away in this picture is either a scilon or someone hired by the scilons to take pix of the Clearwater Cell while they are relaxing at base camp which was at the City Hall fountain during this protest.

We have one tai chi-ninja with a flannel shirt tied around his waist like a kilt, another protester is using sexy tech while wearing possibly the worst cut-off bluejeans in history, and of course six is marching toward the guy in a Pfizer shirt.

cwprotestpfizer_zpsf13f1f8a-png.229110

CW Cell warding off evil cult photog!

I know this is a Sea Arrrrrgh event which means that we're leaning toward everyone wearing something pirate-y and that's fine, but the Clearwater Cell has always been about nonconformity so wear what you want. Santa hats, banana suits, Paddy's day gear, nudie stockings, spy suits, and dressing like OSA security are just some of the alternatives.

Our main goal in Clearwater is to have fun because scientologists don't have fun and we feel they should at least be allowed to view people having fun, right?

NO CHALKING ALLOWED IN CLEARWATER. Sorry, guise. We'd love to chalk, but it's not allowed.
frown.png

See you downtown!

SEE YOU DOWNTOWN!

we will ask at the beginning of the protest if everyone is interested in ordering pizza since we expect to be downtown until 5PM. WE WILL BE ASKING FOR DONATIONS TO HELP PURCHASE PIZZA & WE'LL NEED TO PUT THE ORDER IN AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
<snip>

So please make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes.

It's already hot here and the thing about downtown is that even though it's situated right on the water the buildings in that area block the breezes coming off of Clearwater Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.

So please make sure that you wear something as cool and comfortable as possible.

Water, ice, and sports drinks will be provided. THIS IS ONE THING THAT WE CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH---YOU NEED TO STAY HYDRATED! DRINK WATER BEFORE YOU COME DOWNTOWN. DRINK BEFORE WE START MARCHING. TAKE A BOTTLE OF WATER WITH YOU IF YOU CAN CARRY IT. WE WILL BE WATCHING EVERYONE TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE DRINKING. IF YOU ARE WALKING AND YOU GET THIRSTY TELL SOMEONE AND WE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. DO NOT IGNORE BEING THIRSTY!

<snip>

AmaX is not lying about it already being hot here. :melodramatic:

You really DO need to stay hydrated or you're not going to get very far in this march.

FoTi

Crusader
AmaX is not lying about it already being hot here. :melodramatic:

You really DO need to stay hydrated or you're not going to get very far in this march.

Potassium, salt, cell salts/bioplasma and a lot of pure water help to beat the heat.

Coffee, tea and soft drinks/sodas tend to dehydrate one.

It also helps to carry an umbrella so that you can create your own shade if you need it. When I lived in Clearwater, I always carried an umbrella with me during the hot season. That sun can get awfully hot in Florida.

Last edited:

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
How many picketers have gotten heat stroke? I am not asking to be contrary. I am just curious. I am a believer in water and shade myself.

RogerB

Crusader
Actually, for folks not used to hot climes . . . like, I grew up in Sydney, Oz . . . so heat is in my veins . . . but I know folks who grew up in cold climes suffer the heat more . . . so, the best handling is to get to one of those "drug stores" and get a bottle of
Pedialyte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedialyte

Wikipedia

Pedialyte is an oral electrolyte solution manufactured by Abbott Laboratories that is designed to replace fluids and minerals that are lost when a child has . . .

There are store brand versions that are cheap. It is water plus electrolytes that replaces the bodily fluids lost due to excess sweating. Use some water too, but to be most wise; use some pedialyte.

Rog

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Actually, for folks not used to hot climes . . . like, I grew up in Sydney, Oz . . . so heat is in my veins . . . but I know folks who grew up in cold climes suffer the heat more . . . so, the best handling is to get to one of those "drug stores" and get a bottle of
Pedialyte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedialyte

Wikipedia

Pedialyte is an oral electrolyte solution manufactured by Abbott Laboratories that is designed to replace fluids and minerals that are lost when a child has . . .

There are store brand versions that are cheap. It is water plus electrolytes that replaces the bodily fluids lost due to excess sweating. Use some water too, but to be most wise; use some pedialyte.

For sure it's needed to replace the electrolytes but there's got to be better ways than Pedialyte where you're putting all this artificial crap in your body:

pedialyte-front-and-back.jpg

Just a few snips from the Center for Science in the Public Interest:

yellow_zps09156933.jpg

http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm#artificialcolorings

ace_zps115b88d2.jpg

http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm

About Sucralose:

CSPI Downgrades Splenda From "Safe" to "Caution"

June 12, 2013

The Center for Science in the Public Interest is downgrading sucralose, the artificial sweetener better known by the brand name Splenda, in its Chemical Cuisine guide to food additives. The nonprofit food safety watchdog group had long rated sucralose as "safe," but is now placing it in the "caution" category pending a review of an unpublished study by an independent Italian laboratory that found that the sweetener caused leukemia in mice. The only previous long-term feeding studies in animals were conducted by the compound's manufacturers.
CSPI's Chemical Cuisine gives the artificial sweeteners saccharin, aspartame, and acesulfame potassium "avoid" ratings, the group's lowest. CSPI considers rebiana, a natural high-potency sweetener obtained from stevia, to be "safe," though deserving of better testing.
"Sucralose may prove to be safer than saccharin, aspartame, and acesulfame potassium, but the forthcoming Italian study warrants careful scrutiny before we can be confident that the sweetener is safe for use in food," said CSPI executive director Michael F. Jacobson.

<snip>
Full Post: http://www.cspinet.org/new/201306121.html

Attachments

• yellow_zps09156933.jpg
    yellow_zps09156933.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 24

RogerB

Crusader
Yeh, don't buy that shit, Type4 . . . . you are right to read the label.

They also make simple plain, un-flavored "pedialyte" . . . . . best is the store brands . . . and it's simple water, electrolytes and glucose or dextrose as the sugar carrier that is the agent for easy transport of the electrolytes into your system. (dextrose is only heated starch i.e., toasted bread :p) The "sugar" content is what makes it work most easily because it carries the minerals.

In actuality, I used it with our cat when she had some bouts of diarrhea. It got the moggy back to good spirits and eating again.

Though Pedialyte is a brand name rather like Kleenex or Xerox . . . it is now the generic name for the thing. I first heard of it when the Red Cross and US Gov agencies were shipping the stuff to help kids and adults in cholera outbreaks. Those that die of cholera die of dehydration from diarrhea and vomiting.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Water is fine for drinking at a Clearwater protest. Just be aware of the public bathrooms in the area you will be protesting. You'll be drinking & pee'ing ALOT.

funny-picture-8718.jpg

Lone Star

Crusader
Yeh, don't buy that shit, Type4 . . . . you are right to read the label.

They also make simple plain, un-flavored "pedialyte" . . . . . best is the store brands . . . and it's simple water, electrolytes and glucose or dextrose as the sugar carrier that is the agent for easy transport of the electrolytes into your system. (dextrose is only heated starch i.e., toasted bread :p) The "sugar" content is what makes it work most easily because it carries the minerals.

In actuality, I used it with our cat when she had some bouts of diarrhea. It got the moggy back to good spirits and eating again.

Though Pedialyte is a brand name rather like Kleenex or Xerox . . . it is now the generic name for the thing. I first heard of it when the Red Cross and US Gov agencies were shipping the stuff to help kids and adults in cholera outbreaks. Those that die of cholera die of dehydration from diarrhea and vomiting.

This stuff is the bomb. Sold at Wal-Mart and other fine retailers....

electromix_big_0.png

Ingredients:

http://www.emergenc.com/products#specialty-formulas.electromix

gloriana

Patron
Why pay money when you can mix your own? Per WebMD:

Adult rehydration drinks should not be used for babies and young children. You can make an inexpensive rehydration drink at home. But do not give this homemade drink to children younger than 12.

Measure all ingredients precisely. Small variations can make the drink less effective or even harmful. Mix the following:

• 1 quart (950 mL) water
  • ½ teaspoon (2.5 g) table salt
  • 6 teaspoons (30 g) sugar

http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/rehydration-drinks

ETA Sorry for the thread drift. Fingers crossed for smooth and successful protest!

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I live in the UK. I had to look up the definiton of "hot weather".

Today it's cold and wet here. Or what we call "normal weather".:storm:

RogerB

Crusader
I live in the UK. I had to look up the definiton of "hot weather".

Today it's cold and wet here. Or what we call "normal weather".:storm:

Y'er famous for it! :melodramatic:

Shit I suffered the miserable climate when I lived in London . . . damp, bone penetrating cold all the time.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's some video from Flag Down just uploaded yesterday.

If you click on the YouTube button for "Settings" you'll have the option to view it in 720p HD.

(I've not watched it myself as yet so can't comment on it)

[video=youtube;TlSkkdvFlNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlSkkdvFlNE&amp;app=desktop[/video]

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Here's some video from Flag Down just uploaded yesterday.

If you click on the YouTube button for "Settings" you'll have the option to view it in 720p HD.

(I've not watched it myself as yet so can't comment on it)

Thanx for the video Type4. Did not recognize you at first in the fur and cute little sailor suit. :wink2: