Silver Meritorious Patron
Le suicide médiatique de la scientologie (The Media Suicide of Scientology)
No matter what Gibney’s film says, no matter how well sourced it is, no matter how respected HBO’s documentary unit is, the notoriously litigious Church of Scientology is likely to be peeved.
Hey Smurf....what "legal" strategies might the Cult employ....in an effort to stop the HBO premier ?
Could they do some sort of injunction or something.....
There is no strategy to stop the documentary. The COS is left with the following choices:
1) Do nothing.
2) Sue in civil court for damages.
3) Make a cash offer to HBO that is so outrageously huge that HBO would sell them the exclusive worldwide rights. LOL.
4. Do what Ron told them to do (attack with lies, black ops and fair game)
5. Admit to the truth of it, apologize. try to start acting like sane and responsible people and hopefully move on.
6. Waste large sums of money publicizing the controversial documentary by taking out paid advertisement, full page ads in nationally syndicated papers (NYT, etc.). And by doing so, ensure that the viewership is exponentially expanded beyond HBO's wildest hopes & dreams.
Scientology of course chose the worst possible one. Number 6.
Hey Smurf....what "legal" strategies might the Cult employ....in an effort to stop the HBO premier? Could they do some sort of injunction or something.....Just curious.
I wonder if El Dwarfeurer Miscaviage is going to order they do this every day until the film is released?
What if he's having a Type III break and he's going to blow the whole wad of Scientology's money on this ad campaign?
Start auctioning off the buildings, COS! The fascist dwarf has blown his lid!
I think they've chosen #4 - except "they" have factored in that Ron was a paranoid malignant narcissist with such overwhelming self-importance that He felt He could command minions to make every wish/brain fart He had come true.
They are just being KSW after all - if it isn't pompous, hypocritical and unbelievably stupid, then it's just not $cientology.
They would be hard pressed to get an injunction. I'm sure they will implement the same propagandist bullshit they did when Lawrence Wright's book came out.. they will probably created an Alex Gibney hate page & defame the crap out off him... it's the typical Scientology response.
With all the publicity about the documentary, they'd be very stupid to send their attorneys & staff to the HBO offices to try to persuade them not to show the film, but Scientology is well-known for digging their own holes & falling into them.
It's quite funny. What a footbullet!
I Googled "Scientology Movie" and came up with all of Scns campaigns against The Master with headlines like "Scientology steps up campaign...", combined with today's headlines, like "Scientology launches attack..." and "Scientology goes to War..."