What's new

Scientology: Game Over? Australia May Be About to Bankrupt CoS Operations Down Under

Feral

Rogue male
Re: Scientology: Game Over? Australia May Be About to Bankrupt CoS Operations Down Un

So you and Feral?

I don't know if this leak is altogether a bad thing. You can hardly describe the Ombudsman's report as anything of a surprise, especially since your Senator has been working on it since prior to the Senate Enquiry. At the Enquiry, those present were invited to make follow-up submissions which, of course, was the ideal opportunity to drive home the need for the FWO to get on with its job. Speaking of which, are your follow-up submissions posted anywhere on line? Carmel's is a beauty.

Anyway, my point is, the FWO has been dragging its heels a bit. How long have they been working on it for now and when was it due? I see the Herald Sun leak as a timely reminder to get on with it. In fact, I'd assumed someone from the Aussie camp had prompted it.

Seriously, go troll somewhere else.

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology: Game Over? Australia May Be About to Bankrupt CoS Operations Down Un

Let's all wait now for the final findings report and its recommendations.

Yes, the investigation has been going on for some time. However, we want it right the first time, we want it tight no room to move and we don't want a 'get out of jail free card' for CoS. We are all well aware of how this church works so it's important to cover as many bases as possible.

It's a bureaucratic process and it will be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Feral

Rogue male

Let's all wait now for the final findings report and its recommendations.

Yes, the investigation has been going on for some time. However, we want it right the first time, we want it tight no room to move and we don't want a 'get out of jail free card' for CoS. We are all well aware of how this church works so it's important to cover as many bases as possible.

It's a bureaucratic process and it will be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

:) Happy days is one hell of a lady. Very patient.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm going to assume you are ignorant of Oz politics and governance and also somewhat tactically challenged somewhat rather than just plain trolling me.

"Your Senator" hasn't been working on the Ombudsman's report at all - FWA is a government entity that simply gets on with doing its job - ensuring that the workplace laws of this country are followed by all those involved. It is not a Senator's job to interfere with that at all. The FWA report progress and matters at hand to the Senate when requested but the Senate do not in any way "work" on the FWA. At the most, they may direct that the FWA investigate an area of concern.
What an awesome post!

One comment. A senator's role might include questioning an agency to ensure that it is doing its job. But, you're absolutely right that the agency acts independently of all parties.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

Interesting information. IMO if you work for a church, any church, and they ask you for SSN on a W-4, then there is a mixing of church and state right at that point. If I have this right, your employer has to match your witholdings. I would assumer that the tax laws would remain the same regardless of church status. This is a definite mixing of church and state.

If the church had had the Sea Ogres sign papers that they were not employees, and were volunteers, then they cannot legally give them orders and enforce their work hours or even make them follow policy or any other written directive. Taking a vow is not legally binding, vows are broken all the time. When a couple goes to get a divorce, the state doesn't make any mention that they made vows, they are in it because a license was applied for. This again is a mixing of church and state.

The employee status is what gives the church the right to tell staff how to conduct their job. On the SO EMPLOYMENT contract, it states clearly that it is a contract for employment whether legally binding or not.

The Sea Ogre contract would still work on the Sea Ogres regardless if they knew they were not employees or that vows are not legally binding, the hold is strictly psychological at its core. Sea Ogres stay in the Sea Org for the same reason that hookers stay with their pimps ... the pimp has a psychological hold over his 'ho. The pimp has a PHD ... which stands for his "Pimpin' 'Ho's Degree." That PHD is earned 95% thru on the job training, but, there IS a text book. The text book is somewhat out dated, but most of the core material still applies. The text book is sold in paperback only these days. It is called "Pimp: The Story of My Life" by Iceberg Slim, aka Richard Beck. It was written in the late 60's about Slim's career as a mack, which went from 1938 thru 1960. If you read that book, you will see that the HubTurd was into the same game ... just at a higher level of sophistication and with higher dollar figures and without the downside of being busted for pimping, due to the phoney Romulan (as in borrowed from the Vatican) religious cloaking device.

The stupid side of the Cof$ and the Sea Org ... all they would have needed to do is treat their people a little bit better ... 70 hour work weeks instead of 100 hour work weeks, some recognition of the importance of family ... in otherwords, at least as much family time as your average prison inmate gets ... and just a few more amenities, and no hassles if someone wants to leave ... and they could keep the game going indefinitely without much ill will. They are on, what I call, the stupid side of greed.

Pete

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron

The COS has reinvented itself more than once over the last several decades. What is to stop them from claiming bankruptcy and then coming back as yet another new entity?
Really.

Helena

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you "we".

Inspirational and intelligent stuff. I really really like this approach. Sure, steady and deadly. Nice!

For each of "we":

:flowers2: