What's new

Scientology grifter back at the White House

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tony Ortega wrote:

Scientology grifter back at the White House

"We have told you enough times who Joy Villa really is, a talentless climber who is a Patron Meritorious donor and ‘Clear’ Scientologist who wore a MAGA dress and overnight turned herself into an icon of the lunatic right. As for those conservative Tweeters asking us why the White House would invite her to its social media shindig, do we really need to explain what that says about the administration?"

JoyVillaRoseGarden.jpg

JoyVillaRoseGarden2.jpg

https://tonyortega.org/2019/07/12/s...fed-an-anti-psychiatry-story-to-the-la-times/

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Amazing how many Scientologists and ex Scientologists support Trump
I think (and this is especially applicable in the USA) that many people were attracted to scientology because of Hubbard's politics and where he stood on social issues eg, the workshy and dispossessed were DB's and that government was corrupt and committed to oppressing the urge to freedom. He certainly was far removed from being a 'nanny-statist' anyway.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Maybe a lot of ex-scientologists recognise a cult like mob forming when they see one and both the far left and the far right show signs of that, though more so from the left.

I suspect the very last thing most exes want to get involved in is another crowd of scolders and guilt-trippers who seem to think they have every right to berate those who are 'not thinking correctly' and that seems to happen a lot from the 'woke left' ... it's very reminiscent of that other cult and the way people were herded there.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I still don't know. One cannot compare top Western politicians with non-existent "ideal scene" candidates -- it's more a question of where they rank on the psychopath scale. He doesn't seem to be as thoroughly corrupt as almost all the (Establishment) rest, although he is obviously very much under the sway of the Zionist warmongers and military-industrial complex.

His loud-mouthed tussles with the mainstream media seem to be more than the usual theatre, as if he's a "good guy" really fighting with the evil Establishment. But there's so much on the negative side.

It's a lot easier to answer the binary question of Trump OR Biden? than Do I support Trump?

Paul

Veda

Sponsor
Joy Villa is a fraud.

Before she assumed the guise of a Trump supporter she was a Bernie Sanders supporter.

Corey Lewandowski was Donald Trump's campaign manager.

Scientology loved Bill Clinton, remember?

Here's Hillary Clinton, in case anyone has forgotten.

Now, obviously, this has become a political thread, so I'm outa here.​

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Don't forget, half the country voted for him.

In your regular life, you probably have a lot of Trump supporters around you, who keep their mouths shut about politics, in order to keep the peace.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Don't forget, half the country voted for him.

In your regular life, you probably have a lot of Trump supporters around you, who keep their mouths shut about politics, in order to keep the peace.
Yes, that may be true. But it doesn't explain to me why Scientology cultists and ex Scientology cultists both approve of Trump.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes, that may be true. But it doesn't explain to me why Scientology cultists and ex Scientology cultists both approve of Trump.
How about this? Scios and ex-Scios tend to be people of good will. Trump seems/ed to be far more a person of good will ("I'll drain the swamp" etc) than the usual plainly-corrupt politicians.

Ipso facto....

Paul

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Some do. Some don't. Are you a Scientologist or ex-Scientologist who approves of Trump?

Here on ESMB, we have a spectrum of opinion, just like in the real world. Lots of people here dislike him. Emma, our host, despises him (but graciously allows discussion to continue to occur).

What I do notice, is that right wingers tend to want to debate issues, while many left-wingers don't, preferring to simply declare that disagreement with the left is, in itself, evidence of moral deficiency, and thus renders the person disagreeing unworthy of further communication.

Thus, where debate is allowed to occur, and the right wingers don't get silenced or expelled, the left tends to leave.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
What's not so funny is being so thoroughly convinced about something that you ignore the obvious faults of the something. That applys to politics, religion, etc. That's a human frailty.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think (and this is especially applicable in the USA) that many people were attracted to scientology because of Hubbard's politics and where he stood on social issues eg, the workshy and dispossessed were DB's and that government was corrupt and committed to oppressing the urge to freedom. He certainly was far removed from being a 'nanny-statist' anyway.

Say what you will about Hubbard, at least the sonofabitch was no Democrat

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
So in your opinion it's far more preferable to be a lying narcissistic shyster and conman than a Democrat. Terrific!
Us "Granite Staters" are a little hard-core. No income tax and no sales tax, so that tells you that even the democrats here are relatively moderate (apart from the college kids and the transplants from the People's Republic of Massachusetts).

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Us "Granite Staters" are a little hard-core. No income tax and no sales tax, so that tells you that even the democrats here are relatively moderate (apart from the college kids and the transplants from the People's Republic of Massachusetts).
I can't imagine how New Hampshire pays for the upkeep of its infrastructure let alone anything else if you guys pay no income or sales tax. You must have a magic money tree like the Labour Party over here.

BTW, I live in what was originally OLD Hampshire until it became part of Dorset. Be that as it may I'm still surrounded by country bumpkins.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't imagine how New Hampshire pays for the upkeep of its infrastructure let alone anything else if you guys pay no income or sales tax. You must have a magic money tree like the Labour Party over here.
The property tax is high, but not crazy high like some states that ALSO have income and sales taxes.

The property tax pays for the schools in each town. By ruling of the state Supreme Court, wealthy towns, (e.g. Bedford, NH) become "donor towns" and some of their property taxes go to poorer town (e.g. Clairmont, NH) to provide for an "adequate education" for every child in the state.

Aside from that, there are meals taxes at every restaurant and hotel taxes. Booze and cigs are taxed too. State and town fees on vehicle registrations are a little high too.

All in all, it's still a great deal and the state is always ranked very highly for livability.

Watch out though, you might freeze your c**k off in winter!

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
So in your opinion it's far more preferable to be a lying narcissistic shyster and conman than a Democrat. Terrific!

Hubbard's poetic licence was in good order and he produced fiction rather than lies.

"narcissistic" is empty horsecrap psychobabble

And...

L Ron Hubbard was not a conman.

Yes...

He did in fact often employ the tactics of a conman particularly using egregious an falacious hyperbole to inspire confidence. However the oft cited fiasco in front of a large audience in L.A. when he presented a woman as a clear who could not turn her back and recall the color of his tie demonstrates conclusiely that he was not a conman. A conman would use a shill well versed in the exact responses to produce the desired "dog and pony show"