Scientology Human Trafficing

shipmate

I've been reading over the definition of Human Trafficing and it seems that any of us who were recruited under the age of 18 are victums on Scn Human Trafficing. I'll copy and paust the definition below.

Human traffickingFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Human trafficking is the illegal trade in human beings for the purposes of reproductive slavery, commercial sexual exploitation, forced labor, or a modern-day form of slavery.

The Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, especially Women and Children (also referred to as the Trafficking Protocol) was adopted by the United Nations in Palermo, Italy in 2000, and is an international legal agreement attached to the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime. The Trafficking Protocol is one of three Protocols adopted to supplement the Convention.[2]

The Protocol is the first global, legally binding instrument on trafficking in over half a century and the only one that sets out an agreed definition of trafficking in persons. The purpose of the Protocol is to facilitate convergence in national cooperation in investigating and prosecuting trafficking in persons. An additional objective of the Protocol is to protect and assist the victims of trafficking in persons with full respect for their human rights. The Trafficking Protocol defines human trafficking as:

(a) [...] the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation. Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, the exploitation of the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude or the removal of organs;

(b) The consent of a victim of trafficking in persons to the intended exploitation set forth in subparagraph (a) of this article shall be irrelevant where any of the means set forth in subparagraph (a) have been used;
(c) The recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of a child for the purpose of exploitation shall be considered “trafficking in persons” even if this does not involve any of the means set forth in subparagraph (a) of this article;
(d) “Child” shall mean any person under eighteen years of age.[3]

The Trafficking Protocol entered into force on 25 December 2003. By June 2010, the Trafficking Protocol had been ratified by 117 countries and 137 parties.[4]

When I take the words out of the definition that don't apply, I come up with this.

Human trafficking is the illegal trade in human beings for the purposes of forced labor, or a modern-day form of slavery.

(a) [...] the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power (as a church) or of a position of vulnerability (as a child) for the purpose of exploitation.

Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude

(b) The consent of a victim of trafficking in persons to the intended exploitation set forth in subparagraph (a) of this article shall be irrelevant where any of the means set forth in subparagraph (a) have been used;

(c) The recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of a child for the purpose of exploitation shall be considered “trafficking in persons” even if this does not involve any of the means set forth in subparagraph (a) of this article;
(d) “Child” shall mean any person under eighteen years of age.[3]

If Sea Org life is exploitation, then any child recruited under 18 is a victim of Human Trafficing.

Also if Sea Org life is exploitation and an adult was recruited, by means of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power (as a church) for the purpose of exploitation. Then that adult is a victim Human Trafficing.

Anybody have thoughts about this? Could it possibly be that the recruitment process of the SO is Human Trafficing? Could this be the defining crime of the Sea Org by definition?

It would be a personal question for adults, was I decieved in believing that I was helping mankind? Or decieved in believing that I would recieve super human powers through auditing in exchange for years of servitude. Was I decieved into beleaving that the writings of Hubbard (ARC, Understanding, Way to Happiness, mercy, tolerance) would be the guiding policies of the SO instead of the ruthless intolerance and indifference to personal well being that may have been our experience?

The FBI is investigating Scn and in peticular, David Miscavage and others with regards to this crime and an ex-SO member is sueing Mischaviage and others for this crime. Google "Scientology Human Trafficing" and you'll find a mountain of info on this.

Depending on the results of the FBI investigation and the outcome of the law suit, could this then be a class action lawsuit we could all be plaintifs in?

Any one have an opinion on this?

Lu Ya,
Shipmate

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
IANAL but I would definitely look into the possibility of a class action lawsuit.

Maybe contact the person who is already suing and his/her lawer.

Or Maybe Grahm Berry?

Or Maybe someone else but I would say that it is worth a shot and that you and several others should be eligible for damages.

Just my opinion.

P.S. Don't let the OSA asswipes throw you off the trail for any reason. They will certainly try and they will be very underhanded, devious, and tricky about it.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think you should talk to your local Red Cross and ask them for help in getting onto groups that specialize in attacking slave-trading groups like the Co$. Your story has legs, I reckon, and the Red Cross (being a true humanitarian group) would be able to put you in touch with the right people.

So there you have it, any lurking OSAspawn - there's another group for you to go investigate and "handle" on Hubbardology :roflmao: Bet you don't get that one done by Thursday 2pm. :no:

Let's see what the Red Cross think of your steenkin' cult.:hysterical:

I think the term "human traficking" would apply to some adults - not only children. There are some who tried to escape and were locked up, supervised so that they could not get out, had passorts and money confiscated, were shipped out to places where they had no connections to use in the event of getting out, had heavy psychological pressure applied.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Class action? I'm not so sure.

IANAL either, but I know that the 'Church' of Scientology loves to play the pea-and-thimble game, hiding the assets behind one of a great many different shell companies. And like the pea-and-thimble sideshow at the fair, they will move it around. The game is rigged.

If a lot of people all bunch together and sue the Scientology cult because they are victims of child trafficking, I would expect to find that whatever piece of the cult they sue is quickly declared bankrupt, and the victims won't obtain justice even though the courts find in their favour. Lawrence Wollersheim's fight for justice lasted 22 years (although the cult did eventually have to pay $8,674,843).

Still... 22 years of cult-hassle. That's the way Scientology likes to play it. So get legal advice, and make sure your legal advisers know the history of Scientology and its dirty tricks.

Graham Berry may not be your best choice, IMHO. He's wise to the tricks the cult pulls, but he's emotionally involved, so... choose with care.