What's new

Scientology In2wordsorless

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Well, I once decided try to capture the essence of Scientology in 1 word or less.

That's where HelluvaHoax! came from. I kinda cheated but it was greatest good. Weeeeeeeee!

Now there is an even bigger challenge which must be met, if we are to save this planet!

DESCRIBE SCIENTOLOGY IN 2 WORDS OR LESS.

Appears Mental

(BAREFACED MESSIAH): "The Hubbards moved into a two-storey house in the leafy Maryland suburb of Silver Spring, just outside the Washington DC metropolitan area, and it was from there that Ron resumed his correspondence with the Communist Activities Division of the FBI. On 11 July 1955, he wrote a maundering three-page letter, about Communists and wicked accountants conspiring with renegade IRS agents to destroy him, so inane that the recipient at the FBI scribbled on it a notation 'appears mental'.[1] Thereafter, the FBI no longer acknowledged communications from Hubbard 'because of their rambling, meaningless nature and lack of any pertinence to Bureau interests'.[2] No doubt somewhat to the Bureau's chagrin, Hubbard was not in the least deterred from writing. Two weeks later, on smart new printed notepaper headed 'L. Ron Hubbard D.D., Ph.D.', he wrote again to say he had received an invitation to go to Russia. It had come from an 'unimpeachable source' who suggested that as he was about to be ruined by the IRS he might as well accept the offer. 'It seems I can go to Russia as an adviser or a consultant and have my own laboratories and receive very high fees. And it is all so easy because it has already been ascertained that I could get my passport extended for Russia and all I had to do was go to Paris and there a Russian plane would pick me up and that would be that.' He did not wish to reveal the name of his contact, he added, 'because he is a little too highly placed on the [Capitol] Hill'

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's not two words or less but it's from the same source and it's the words of one of Hubbard's lovers:

Kaye, who would later become a psychologist, said she made a clinical diagnosis of Hubbard during the weeks they spent together in Palm Springs. 'There was no doubt in my mind he was a manic depressive with paranoid tendencies. Many manics are delightful, productive people with tremendous energy and self-confidence. He was like that in his manic stage - enormously creative, carried away by feelings of omnipotence and talking all the time of grandiose schemes.

Me - I'd say "mostly deranged.":biggrin:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Paranoid Megalomania

No wonder ones head hurts so much when one in the cult. It's tough to be as great as one is told one is and worry about everyone else!