What's new

Scientology Is Dead

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Depends on whether I hit them. In the heart, dead center. That would have been what ammunition is for...improving aim. I have one other thought. The only thing I now remember from DMSMH is his fixation on attempted abortions, using a coat hanger. I don't know any woman, now or then (especially then in the early 50s) who would mutliate herself like that or allow it to be done. Makes me think he hated women. Maybe he hated himself also.

This has had me in hysterics!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah Hubbard was one seriously disturbed person, his fixation on knitting needle and coat hanger abortions was and still is very creepy. He had some serious emotional problems which he never dealt with, instead he choose to blame them on imaginary disembodied space aliens running around in his head. A while back I would have liked to see Hubbard's PC folder to see just how messed up he really was, now I have no desire to, he's just wasn't that interesting, in fact he was pretty fucking pathetic.

Isn't there a story about LRH himself attempting this procedure on one of his wives? Mary, where are you? (My free research librarian!).

P.S. Nice to see you back Jim!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
<snip>
I plugged away at DMSMH, never quite getting his point.
<snip>
Now, over 35 years since I walked out the door, I realize that Hubbard was a horrible writer, difficult to understand and just full of himself. I guess no one dared tell him he "had no clothes."
<snip>

Very Nicely put !

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Nice post, Jim!

"What happened to the cult?"

site1017.jpg

It's dead, Jim.

Heh, I think it was in 1992 I bought an Internet Guide Book, it had an index of "usenet" newsgroups... In it I saw the following entries while browsing through the hundreds of listings:

alt.religion.scientology - "He's dead, Jim"

alt.clearing.technology - Renegades from the Church of Scientology

Which is how i eventually got here...thanks for pic

I don't think Scientology is dead.

I think it isn't going anywhere and there will not be the great expansion they are hoping for.

But I think there will always be a number of individuals who are so egoistic and at the same time needing to be led by the nose that the Church will always find enough self-worshippers.

The subject is dead, of course. But the Church isn't going anywhere.

It will downsize, but it will only become leaner and meaner.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Last edited:

Anakin Skywalker

Patron with Honors
I don't think Scientology is dead.

I think it isn't going anywhere and there will not be the great expansion they are hoping for.

But I think there will always be a number of individuals who are so egoistic and at the same time needing to be led by the nose that the Church will always find enough self-worshippers.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Unfortunately, I think you're correct in saying that.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
. . .

The Anabaptist Jacques

^ Agree. Scientology is dead, just as the thread title says. It's failed. Failed to deliver any clears, failed to deliver any OT abilities, and performed worse than the conventional treatments for addiction, criminality and health problems. Failed to expand, too. Critically, its reputation has been holed below the waterline, and when people stop believing that a form of new-age faith healing has potential, what is left of it? Nothing.

Scientology is dead... but the 'Church of Scientology' is undead. There may be 15,000 or more CofS zombies still shambling around the place in their quest for "braaaiiins... braaaiiiins..."

As with any form of undead, sunlight is the best disinfectant. Get things out into the open (docs, stories, stats, court cases) and it'll finally be defeated.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Most of the new membership now days has to be coming from Scientologists reproducing.
I don't see how many individuals would join other wise.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Most of the new membership now days has to be coming from Scientologists reproducing.
I don't see how many individuals would join other wise.

How do Scientologists reproduce? I've always wondered about that, but was too afraid to ask :omg:

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
How do Scientologists reproduce? I've always wondered about that, but was too afraid to ask :omg:

A male and a female Scientologist decide that one of the many thetans hovering near them should get a meat body to inhabit. They postulate that the female becomes pregnant. Nothing happens so they do it like the wogs.

P.S. If this happens in the Sea Org, a superior postulates that the pregnancy will be terminated. And it works most of the time.

Sautez

Patron with Honors
It's what I did:
When I became infatuated with $cn, I bought most if not all LRH's books. I thought it was me and not the writing that was difficult to understand. I plugged away at DMSMH, never quite getting his point. Then because everyone was raving about books such as 8-8008 I marveled at the "wisdom" there. But that wisdom was not there.

Now, over 35 years since I walked out the door, I realize that Hubbard was a horrible writer, difficult to understand and just full of himself. I guess no one dared tell him he "had no clothes."

I dumped all the books in the landfill, but now I wished I had kept them and filled them with 30-30 rifle rounds.
Good idea in the bold. Or- give them all to someone like Arnie who could share the lies and deceit of LRH with the world.

Sautez!

Sautez

Patron with Honors
Freeminds: I don't know the story in bold below. Can you link me? I will also read farther to see if anyone else asked or answered same.
Sautez!

A waste of ammunition?

You mean, like being in charge of an armed trawler, and expending all your depth charges on the first night of your patrol, trying to destroy a known magnetic anomaly, in the hope that it might somehow turn into two Japanese submarines?

Or maybe like shelling and firing small arms at islands belonging to neutral Mexico, when in fact you were under orders to return to port for the night?

Wasting ammo is 100% standard LRH tech. (Thank you, Ron.)