Scientology? It is so much worse than you can ever imagine!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
While I get how this is significant for those still in Scientology, I don't really see how it's a big deal for rational thinkers outside. All this black magic stuff is STILL COMPLETE BOLLOCKS. Just cause you suddenly call "magic" "black magic" it doesn't suddenly become a real thing.

It's pretty significant if one wants to study the influences on Hubbard and Scientology.

It's not about what WE believe; it's about what Hubbard believed.

According to LRH JR, when the Philadelphia course was given his father would read Crowley's works "in preparation for the next day's lecture..."

Here's an excerpt from Crowley's The Book of the Law:

We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of Kings: stamp down the wretched and the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.

I am of the snake that giveth Knowledge and Delight, and stir the hearts of men with drunkenness. To worship me take wine and strange drugs.... They shall not harm ye at all. It is a lie, this folly against self.... Be strong, Oh man! Lust, enjoy all things of sense and rapture ... the kings of the earth shall be kings forever: the slaves shall serve.

Them that seek to entrap thee, to over throw thee, them attack without pity or quarter, and destroy them utterly.

I am unique and conqueror. I am not of the slaves that perish. Be they damned and dead! Amen.

Pity not the fallen! I never knew them. I am not for them. I console not: I hate the consoled and the consoler!

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/wakefield/us-02.html

Some of it sounds a bit familiar to me even though I've never read Crowley.

:hmm:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm currently reading Bare Faced Messiah and it does go into the Crowley stuff. I knew Hubbard was a liar but this book takes his life step by step and compares the lies to the reality as evidenced by documents including his own private journals and witness statements.

To be honest, while reading this book I've spent a lot of time laughing out loud at the outrageous lies he told. I mean totally and utterly outrageous. It seems like he didn't care what he said to anyone. He even told someone his own mother was a whore. And the letters he wrote begging for a disability pension that listed his supposed disabilities...... I mean most people would be ashamed to write letters like that even if they were true!