What's new

Scientology leader’s father signs a book deal, for ' RUTHLESS' (IF HE DIES, HE DIES)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: Ron Miscavige Sr. Blows

"The real point of everything is to do Scientology."​
Dan Koon.​

Hopefully, Dan Koon has changed his views since this video.

If Koon's views of five years ago - as seen in this video - frame and infuse this book, oy vey.

As for the book title, is this book aimed mainly at Scientologists and ex-Scientologists?

Most people aren't familiar with the name David Miscavige. "My son the dictator of Scientology" might register. Too late to change that now.

The title can always been modified - and "If he dies he dies" put back on the cover - if there are later printings.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

Yeah, but they should just jam that "IF HE DIES HE DIES" back onto the cover.

To resolve the positioning challenge for prospective buyers that don't have a clue about the name "Miscavige" there could be an extra tag line. . .

IF HE DIES, HE DIES
The 5 "C"s of Scientology

CHURCH - CULT - COMMODORE - COB &
COCKSUCKERSONHOLLYWOODBLVD

Readers Note: Sorry, I couldn't resist the esoteric reference to the book Hubbard mandated be studied as the holy bible for all cameramen (like David Miscavige was). Everyone else working on Dr. Hubbard's academy award winning films had to study it too--"The Five Cs of Cinematography"

51dbGKMvolL._SX382_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

From the Bunker:

Ron’s co-writer is Dan Koon, a former high-ranking technical expert in Scientology who has been behind several of the books written by former church members. With Koon’s help, Ron writes about the parts of Scientology that he still considers beneficial, despite his son’s dictatorial takeover of it. We have a feeling some of the readers here at the Bunker will find that part of the book less savory. But we think there will be plenty of other delicious morsels to please the book’s audience.
http://tonyortega.org/2016/03/16/ro...ss-scientology-my-son-david-miscavige-and-me/

HelluvaHoax!

"The real point of everything is to do Scientology."​
Dan Koon

"The real point of everything is to doom Scientology."
HelluvaHoax

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology leader’s father signs a book deal, for ‘IF HE DIES, HE DIES’

Purchased my copy. On pre-orders Amazon delivers early morning on date of release.

Amazon.Order.Ruthless.jpg

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

It doesn't appear to be available on Amazon UK yet.:no:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Ron Miscavige Pens Scientology Exposé On Creepy Son’s Rise To Power

Ron Miscavige Pens Scientology Exposé On Creepy Son’s Rise To Power.

While one may not think of Pop Dust as a major source of Scientology news or analysis, the linked article is actually very good -- particularly given the space limitations. Among other things, it addresses the "Shelly Miscavige mystery."

The article also features thirty-one (31) pictures.

Pop Dust: Ron Miscavige Pens Scientology Exposé On Creepy Son’s Rise To Power

http://popdust.com/2016/03/16/david-miscavige-dad-scientology-expose/#slide1

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Ron Miscavige has written an exposé on life inside Scientology, and his creepy son, David Miscavige’s rise to power.

Oh, this is going to be good!

Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, promises to offer “a riveting insider’s look” at the controversial “church” leader and organization.

Ruthless and revealing

According to The Hollywood Reporter the publisher, St. Martin’s Press, says the memoir will be:

The only book to examine the origins of Scientology’s current leader, RUTHLESS tells the revealing story of David Miscavige’s childhood and his path to the head seat of the Church of Scientology told through the eyes of his father.

Ron Miscavige’s personal, heartfelt story is a riveting insider’s look at life within the world of Scientology.

Family tradition

This isn’t the first exposé by a Miscavige family member—David’s niece, Jenna, released her own version of events back in 2013. * * * *

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

HelluvaHoax!

BOO

WARNING: WHAT FOLLOWS IS ANOTHER GRATUITOUS HARANGUE ABOUT THE CRAPPY COPYWRITING ON WHAT MIGHT BE A COOL-ASS BOOK.

Here is 100% proof that I was 100% right and 100% wrong about crazily critiquing & criticizing the copy on Ron Miscavige's book cover:

attachment.php

When I first saw the book cover I just read the title atop the cover: RON MISCAVIGE (with Dan Koon) My Son David Miscavige, and me.

At the moment I read that I thought: "Jesus that really sucks! Why the hell did they lose the virally provocative teaser-title 'IF HE DIES HE DIES"? I stopped reading at that point and began posting a rant about the copywriting screwup on that book cover. I never even saw the word "RUTHLESS" until more than a day later, long after I had posted my blistering marketing manifesto. LOL. So, now I see that the title is "supposed to be" RUTHLESS and the rest of the garbage at the top was just a funky messed up preamble, probably conceived by a committee of publishing "experts". LOL.

Posting Paradox:

WHY I WAS 100% WRONG: When I first saw the book cover I was read the title atop the cover: RON MISCAVIGE (with Dan Koon) My Son David Miscavige, and me. At the moment I read that I thought: "Jesus that really sucks! Why the hell did they lose the virally provocative teaser-title 'IF HE DIES HE DIES"? I stopped reading at that point and began posting a rant about the copywriting screwup on that book cover. I never even saw the word "RUTHLESS" until more than a day later, long after I had posted my blistering marketing manifesto. LOL. So, now I see that the title is "supposed to be" RUTHLESS and the rest of the garbage at the top was just a funky messed up preamble, probably conceived by a committee of publishing "experts". LOL.

WHY I WAS 100% RIGHT: The fact that I read the first big words atop the cover ("RON MISCAVIGE...My Son David Miscavige, and me") I assumed that this was the title. Therefore, for purposes of judging market reaction, it was (for all intents and purposes) the de facto title. To wit, if I am browsing in a bookstore and see a book cover with a big photo of a man fishing and an oversized word "FISHING" above it--then I rightfully assume this book is about fishing. It's not my fault that down below the photo is also says "...for your soul mate". Nobody can argue that the book title was "FISHING for your soul mate" if that is not what people actually see as their first impression. Ergo, in addition to the unforced error of abandoning "IF HE DIES HE DIES", they didn't even get the benefit of the word "RUTHLESS" because it is buried beneath a whole bunch of scotch-taped words at the top. To wit, if I think the book's title is "RON MISCAVIGE...." then the title is like a newspaper headline about the outbreak of an apocalyptic World War III (with nuclear strikes on every continent) that reads: "INTERNATIONAL CONCERNS & HOSTILITIES ESCALATE". Or, perhaps upon the 1945 discovery of horrific Nazi death camps being headlined with: "NAZI PRISONER ACCOMMODATIONS DEEMED SUB-STANDARD".

Yeah, okay, I am annoyed by the prospects of boring prospective book buyers before they even cracking the book open to the first page.

My fervent hope is that Ron Miscavige Sr. really does unload all of the bombshells he knows about and the text of the book doesn't come off as a tepid "disagreement" with his father over arcane religious scripture and practices. And I guess, from early indications, there is material in the book that purports to praise some of Scientology's "technology". In that respect, it concerns me that "indie scientologist" Dan Koon was involved. LOL.

Last edited:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

BOO

WARNING: WHAT FOLLOWS IS ANOTHER GRATUITOUS HARANGUE ABOUT THE CRAPPY COPYWRITING ON WHAT MIGHT BE A COOL-ASS BOOK.

Here is 100% proof that I was 100% right and 100% wrong about crazily critiquing & criticizing the copy on Ron Miscavige's book cover:

I first saw the book cover I was read the title atop the cover: RON MISCAVIGE (with Dan Koon) My Son David Miscavige, and me. At the moment I read that I thought: "Jesus that really sucks! Why the hell did they lose the virally provocative teaser-title 'IF HE DIES HE DIES"? I stopped reading at that point and began posting a rant about the copywriting screwup on that book cover. I never even saw the word "RUTHLESS" until more than a day later, long after I had posted my blistering marketing manifesto. LOL. So, now I see that the title is "supposed to be" RUTHLESS and the rest of the garbage at the top was just a funky messed up preamble, probably conceived by a committee of publishing "experts". LOL.

Posting Paradox:

WHY I WAS 100% WRONG: When I first saw the book cover I was read the title atop the cover: RON MISCAVIGE (with Dan Koon) My Son David Miscavige, and me. At the moment I read that I thought: "Jesus that really sucks! Why the hell did they lose the virally provocative teaser-title 'IF HE DIES HE DIES"? I stopped reading at that point and began posting a rant about the copywriting screwup on that book cover. I never even saw the word "RUTHLESS" until more than a day later, long after I had posted my blistering marketing manifesto. LOL. So, now I see that the title is "supposed to be" RUTHLESS and the rest of the garbage at the top was just a funky messed up preamble, probably conceived by a committee of publishing "experts". LOL.

WHY I WAS 100% RIGHT: The fact that I read the first big words atop the cover ("RON MISCAVIGE...My Son David Miscavige, and me") I assumed that this was the title. Therefore, for purposes of judging market reaction, it was (for all intents and purposes) the de facto title. To wit, if I am browsing in a bookstore and see a book cover with a big photo of a man fishing and an oversized word "FISHING" above it--then I rightfully assume this book is about fishing. It's not my fault that down below the photo is also says "...for your soul mate". Nobody can argue that the book title was "FISHING for your soul mate" if that is not what people actually see as their first impression. Ergo, in addition to the unforced error of abandoning "IF HE DIES HE DIES", they didn't even get the benefit of the word "RUTHLESS" because it is buried beneath a whole bunch of scotch-taped words at the top. To wit, if I think the book's title is "RON MISCAVIGE...." then the title is like a newspaper headline about the outbreak of an apocalyptic World War III (with nuclear strikes on every continent) that reads: "INTERNATIONAL CONCERNS & HOSTILITIES ESCALATE". Or, perhaps upon the 1945 discovery of horrific Nazi death camps being headlined with: "NAZI PRISONER ACCOMMODATIONS DEEMED SUB-STANDARD".

Yeah, okay, I am annoyed by the prospects of boring prospective book buyers before they even cracking the book open to the first page.

My fervent hope is that Ron Miscavige Sr. really does unload all of the bombshells he knows about and the text of the book doesn't come off as a tepid "disagreement" with his father over arcane religious scripture and practices. And I guess, from early indications, there is material in the book that purports to praise some of Scientology's "technology". In that respect, it concerns me that "indie scientologist" Dan Koon was involved. LOL.

Agreed. The SUBTITLE of a book never should be placed above the TITLE...it's just confusing. "RUTHLESS" should be above Ron Sr.'s head and the SUBTITLE should be down below somewhere. And the font should not be white; it should be red. White is for angels, red is for the devil. Just bad design all around. Too bad.

CommunicatorIC

A 'Ruthless' Scientology tell-all is coming

A 'Ruthless' Scientology tell-all is coming.

USA Today: A 'Ruthless' Scientology tell-all is coming

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2016/03/17/ruthless-scientology-tell-all-coming/81913678/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Last year, the HBO documentary Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (based on the book by Lawrence Wright) made waves.

Now a new tell-all looks to be next in line. Only this time it's not an outsider collecting the facts – it's Ron Miscavige, the father of the leader of the Church of Scientology itself.

According to St. Martin's Press, the upcoming memoir Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, to be published on May 3, tells the story of David Miscavige's childhood and his path to the head of the Church of Scientology, told through the eyes of his father.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

:hysterical:

So funny that many (?, was going to edit/change, 'cause who knows if its many), I do know many have done so much better after leaving this cult, people actually start making money after leaving, by using their heads and not having their finances pillaged in the name of 'clearing the planet' (lololol)... iya

Good for Miscavige Sr., I'm really curious to read this, see how far out the rabbit hole he's going to poke his head, maybe even get right out an' take a walk? dunno. no idea yet, but its hella fun to watch, the dwarfenfurher must be near an alcoholic-heart-murmurer imho, at the very least... bleeding hemorrhoids. (I guess in his case that'd be, like, um, a nose-bleed)

:biggrin:

CommunicatorIC

Re: Book by estranged father of Scientology leader David Miscavige set for release

Father of Church of Scientology leader writes 'ruthless' tell all memoir
This one provides nothing new but it's from the UK:

Controversial tell-all book by estranged father of Scientology leader David Miscavige set for release

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...y-leader-David-Miscavige-set-for-release.html
Another article from the UK. This time the Daily Mirror.

Father of Church of Scientology leader writes 'ruthless' tell all memoir

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/father-church-scientology-leader-writes-7579036