What's new

Scientology leader’s father signs a book deal, for ' RUTHLESS' (IF HE DIES, HE DIES)

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology leader’s father signs a book deal, for ' RUTHLESS' (IF HE DIES, HE DI

Re: Today's Los Angeles Times essay on David Miscavige father Ron Miscavige the Investigative Journalist
Kim Christensen is no stranger to Scientology.
(It was him who broke the story of the PIS "if he dies, let him die.")
but back in the day, he was given a tour of Gold Base by..............

Mike Rinder !

How nice to see him checking in with Mike Rinder years later....(Mike Rinder quoted in today's LA Times essay.)
Here's an earlier essay by Kim Christensen on the Cult
http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fi-scientology18dec18-story.html

He is an investigative journalist that has shared two Pulitzer Prizes, at the Oregonian in 2001 and at the Orange County Register in 1996, for investigations of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service and of fertility fraud at UC Irvine. He joined The Times in 2005.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology leader’s father signs a book deal, for ' RUTHLESS' (IF HE DIES, HE DI

Re: Today's Los Angeles Times essay on David Miscavige father Ron Miscavige the Investigative Journalist
Kim Christensen is no stranger to Scientology.
(It was him who broke the story of the PIS "if he dies, let him die.")
but back in the day, he was given a tour of Gold Base by..............

Mike Rinder !

How nice to see him checking in with Mike Rinder years later....(Mike Rinder quoted in today's LA Times essay.)
Here's an earlier essay by Kim Christensen on the Cult
http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fi-scientology18dec18-story.html

He is an investigative journalist that has shared two Pulitzer Prizes, at the Oregonian in 2001 and at the Orange County Register in 1996, for investigations of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service and of fertility fraud at UC Irvine. He joined The Times in 2005.

What is going on with Marty Rathbun, in your humble opinion, Karen? He is acting like he is getting paid by David Miscavige to attack and discount and criticize other ex Scientologist's. Read his latest Blog and give us your imput? Is he ARCX or is he "working" again for the Church of Scientology?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

That distinctive kind of gratuitous sharing of detailed private information is a common psychological trait of people suffering from PTSD.

Post Tech Stress Disorder. LOL

OTs believe that publicly "getting off" every detail of their dysfunctional dynamics somehow will "blow" their problem and make it "vanish". Hence, sec checks, O/W write-ups, KRs, ritualistic gangbang forced confessions and detailed legalistic sounding written "declares".

The problem with this confessional theory of healing is that 97.5% of all overts in Scientology are committed by the elite Scientology executives that are ordering others to do all the confessing.

This post belongs in the best of HH Collection.

Scientologists tend to be basically decent people when they first get in. They tend to be honest or want to become honest and the Church builds on that to instill a willingness to divulge everything and to respond to any Church inquiry truthfully. The whole time the Church claims absolute privileges to use "acceptable truth" in lieu of actual truth and there is very little to define or limit what that actually means. Try using "acceptable truth" in a Sec-Check. Have you ever received a full disclosure with those waivers? No, because the waiver is also a waiver of the need for the Church to provide disclosure.

Compulsively telling the truth is absolutely a feature of residual Scientology programming.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

This post belongs in the best of HH Collection.

Scientologists tend to be basically decent people when they first get in. They tend to be honest or want to become honest and the Church builds on that to instill a willingness to divulge everything and to respond to any Church inquiry truthfully. The whole time the Church claims absolute privileges to use "acceptable truth" in lieu of actual truth and there is very little to define or limit what that actually means. Try using "acceptable truth" in a Sec-Check. Have you ever received a full disclosure with those waivers? No, because the waiver is also a waiver of the need for the Church to provide disclosure.

Compulsively telling the truth is absolutely a feature of residual Scientology programming.

"Compulsively telling the truth is absolutely a feature of residual Scientology programming"

And Ole Tubbs said that "Can't With hold anything" is low toned....:whistling:

Then that fat fuck Turd Hubbard - turns around and makes the Invested, brainwashed and hypnotized Scientologist's...makes them TELL ALL!!

What a nasty, evil man - "Source" that was Sauced...Dr. L Ron Hubbard...just a cruel and inhumane liar, con artist.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Inside the Sinister World of Scientology.

The Weekly Standard is a leading journal of opinion on the Right in the United States.

Weekly Standard: Inside the Sinister World of Scientology

http://www.weeklystandard.com/insider-the-sinister-world-of-scientology/article/2005055

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Most parent-offspring biographies consist of either the offspring's fond but warts-and-all reminiscences of his or her famous parent. Or are Mommie Dearest exposés of the famous sire or dam's parental barbarity. Ruthless is the other way around: Ron Miscavige is the 80-year-old father of a famous son, David Miscavige, head of the Church of Scientology since 1987.

As its title indicates, Ron Miscavige's book is the latest addition to an impressive body of published literature — most of it by former church members but some of it by well-respected journalists (Lawrence Wright's Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief is the best-known example of the latter) — that paints David Miscavige as a vengeful, secretive, and near-paranoid control freak given to terrifying bouts of rage and rule by intimidation, relentless belittling of subordinates, and punishments that include sleep deprivation, public humiliation, virtual imprisonment on Scientology premises, and "disconnection," a form of shunning in which Scientologist relatives and friends cut off relations with apostates.

Ron Miscavige was one of those apostates, leaving Scientology in 2012 after he had finally had enough. Another was Jenna Miscavige Hill, David Miscavige's niece and Ron Miscavige's granddaughter. Hill quit Scientology in 2005 (her father, another Ron, had preceded her in 2000) and three years ago she published a book of her own, Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

failboat

Patron with Honors

[video=youtube;skvmTlGE-ss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skvmTlGE-ss[/video]
Hunted by Scientology: The Ron Miscavige Story

Published on Feb 13, 2017 by Mythicist Milwaukee

Quote:
Ron Miscavige is the father of the leader of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige. He is also an author, having penned the tell-all book "Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige and Me".

Ron appeared on ABC News’ 20/20 to reveal the drastic measures he took to escape from their ‘Gold Base’ compound in California. He has also appeared on Leah Remini's new docuseries "Scientology and the Aftermath"

Ron Joined us live in the studio to discuss everything from his introduction to Scientology in 1970 to escaping the Gold Base compound in 2012. Ron will be speaking at the Mythinformation Conference IV on September 30, 2017 in Milwaukee, WI.

CommunicatorIC

23 Oct 17 - German translation of Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, by Ron Miscavige, will be published in Germany.

https://www.randomhouse.de/Buch/Ruecksichtslos/Ronald-T.-Miscavige/Koesel/e515240.rhd

O9Eo2jJ.jpg

tesseract

Patron with Horrors

23 Oct 17 - German translation of Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, by Ron Miscavige, will be published in Germany.

Many thanks, good to read that. My granny will be excited - she has come to like the scientology drama and gossip but depends on German translations. :thankyou: :thumbsup:
We are currently thinking of how we can get her to watch the "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" series after it comes out on 25th May in A&E Germany, as she doesn't have that channel. Waiting for the episodes to show up on Youtube, I suppose. :eyeroll:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

Many thanks, good to read that. My granny will be excited - she has come to like the scientology drama and gossip but depends on German translations. :thankyou: :thumbsup:
We are currently thinking of how we can get her to watch the "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" series after it comes out on 25th May in A&E Germany, as she doesn't have that channel. Waiting for the episodes to show up on Youtube, I suppose. :eyeroll:

All of the episodes of "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" are available on the Russian version of youtube - rutube.ru. Just go on that site and search for "Leah". But they won't have German subtitles.

CommunicatorIC

Upcoming speaking engagements for Ron Miscavige.

https://www.therealronmiscavige.com/event-calendar/

JUN 21
Book Reading
Speech: Brookfield Library
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
6:30pm 8:30pm
More details: https://www.brookfieldlibrary.org/event-calendars/all-events-calendar/

JUL 7
Book Reading
Speech: Greenfield Public Library
Friday, July 7, 2017
7:00pm 8:00pm
A Night With Ron Miscavige
For more information: http://www.greenfieldlibrary.org/in...C0}&DE={23C97EB8-0B5D-437D-AAB4-6FCBFEB9D898}

SEP 30
Presentations / Speaches
Special Guest Speaker: Mythinformation Conference IV
Saturday, September 30, 2017
9:00pm 11:59pm
Ron will give a special talk at the VIP after-party event as part of the Mythinformation Conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on Sept. 21, 2017. Details and tickets: http://www.mythicistmilwaukee.com/mythinformation-conference

tesseract

Patron with Horrors

All of the episodes of "Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath" are available on the Russian version of youtube - rutube.ru. Just go on that site and search for "Leah". But they won't have German subtitles.

Thats what we're waiting for, episodes with German subtitles or synchronization showing up on Youtube or - thanks for the reminder - Rutube. :) I've already seen all of the episodes.

CommunicatorIC

Ardent Atheists Podcast with Ron Miscavige.

I watched the webcast last night. It was VERY well done. The hosts are both informed and funny. Ron is very well-spoken.

The webcast was ninety minutes long. Apparently, they put up only the first hour for free.

One thing that came out during the interview is that it was the people at Mythicist Milwaukee who set up Ron with his new website, Twitter account, official Facebook page, and on social media generally. Very cool.

http://ardentatheist.com/episode-202/

/

CommunicatorIC

Joe Rogan Experience #947 - Church of Scientology defector Ron Miscavige.

[video=youtube;FVVdCikBDQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVdCikBDQk[/video]

CommunicatorIC

Friendly Atheist Podcast: Ron Miscavige, Author of Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me

https://soundcloud.com/friendly-ath...ess-scientology-my-son-david-miscavige-and-me

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

If you've followed the articles, movies, and TV shows about the Church of Scientology recently, you're probably familiar with the name David Miscavige, the man who runs the Church. His father is Ron Miscavige, and he joined the church in 1970. David was 10 at the time. It wasn't until 2012 that Ron escaped. Since then, he's worked hard to undo some of the damage caused by the Church, including their policy of basically shunning those outside of it. His book, now out in paperback, is called Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me.

I spoke with Ron about whether his son knows that the Church's beliefs aren't real, why Scientology is so appealing to some people, and how he managed to break out of the bubble.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Wednesday, 6/21/17 - An Evening With Ron Miscavige, author of “Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me.” Ron will talk about his experiences as a former Scientologist from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Brookfield Public Library, 1900 N. Calhoun Road, Brookfield, WI.

http://www.brookfield-elmgrovenow.c...lm-grove-weekly-planner-june-15-21/387702001/

/