What's new

Scientology Leader David Miscavige Digs Israel; BONUS: Black People are Cool!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From the Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/12/david_miscavige_scientology_israel_inglewood.php

The Voice was leaked a copy of Scientology's latest gala -- its October meeting of the International Association of Scientologists -- which took place in the UK, near L. Ron Hubbard's legendary home, Saint Hill Manor.

At three hours long, it's an interminable amount of time to watch diminutive church leader David Miscavige talk about what a bang-up job Scientology is doing to make the world a better place. Honestly, I don't know how the guy does it. He doesn't seem to have Teleprompters, and never glances at his script. [Mike Rinder has corrected me on this. See note, below.] He just goes on and on in a program that was clearly written carefully ahead of time, extolling the gains of the past decade since the 9/11 attacks, which he calls "The Wake-Up Call."

Somehow, we got nearly to the end of the three hours, when something happened that was really interesting -- at least to us here at the Voice. Miscavige started talking about a place we've actually been to and reported on. He started talking, in other words, about the new "org" in Jaffa, Israel, that is associated with attempted murder, two arson attempts, and a hairy new lawsuit. Oh, this ought to be good, we thought!

Somehow, Miscavige left all that good stuff out. We've taken about four minutes from the video so you can see how he characterized the new building..Miscavige gave this presentation in October, giving the impression that the org was open for business with its "more than 200 staff."

In November, when we went by to see for ourselves, it was a different story.

The building, formerly an Art Deco 1930s masterpiece known as the Alhambra theater, has indeed been restored to its former glory by an Arab Islamic contractor from Nazareth named Naif Salati, who is now suing Scientology. Salati's attorney, Eitan Erez, told me that Salati was shorted millions of shekels in the renovation. Salati was also never told that it was Scientology he was doing the renovation for. He was hired by a man named Gur Finkelstein, who purported to be the sole owner. In fact, Finkelstein was an attorney fronting for Scientology as the church attempted to get a toehold in Tel-Aviv/Jaffa.

Finkelstein himself turned out to be quite a piece of work. As we've written previously, Finkelstein is in jail awaiting trial on multiple counts of attempted murder and attempted arson as he allegedly tried to have the building burned down twice; he is also accused of trying to have killed a municipal official who opposed part of the building's expansion, a man who is married to his ex-wife, and a witness to the fire-bombings.

Even with Finkelstein in jail and Salati suing, the building is finished and ready for business, but when we visited in November, it still hadn't opened its doors. Scientology was waiting for a government office to give it a permit to allow in the public. Unlike the U.S., Israel is one of those countries that doesn't automatically roll over if you call yourself a church on the way to taking money out of people with claims of giving them superpowers. (I'm checking on the current status of the building and the lawsuit.)

After celebrating one "Ideal Org" with issues, Miscavige then turns to another, the recently-opened facility in Inglewood, California, which is Scientology's most ambitious effort yet to get a few black people into what is otherwise a lily-white enterprise. (Harlem has an org, but I was just told by a fellow reporter that it has a total of 9 members, and we've documented Scientology's strange alliance with the Nation of Islam, which can't end well.)

We felt we must share with you Miscavige's performance as he transitions from talking about the new Jaffa org to the one in Inglewood. Prepare to cringe...
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/12/david_miscavige_scientology_israel_inglewood.php

freethinker

Sponsor
I noticed that Dave is begining to develop a gut. His voice is strained and he is becoming more robotic.

He's going down hill fa sho.

I also watched the IAS vid again and unlike any other music video I recall, this one gets worse each time I view it.

Dave doesn't sound at all sincere with his Black people are cool statement.

Black people can spot a phony in a second. He has no idea what he is messing with.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
When in Doubt, lie!

Those Ideal Org grand opening announcements lie so openly and blatantly about the number of staff members. It works, somewhat, for distant people who don't follow up and actually go there.

At an opening speech, for example, in Pasadena, they boasted of 180 staff members. They have, by local estimates, approximately only 12-14 staff.

The Jaffa Ideal Org is clearly represented as open with 200 proud uniformed staff members posing enthusiastically in front. But if you listen to the COB-Speak language verrrrry carefully, its ambiguously tortured syntax could also be construed (by a moron) as meaning all the staff in all of Israel, which presumably would includes Field Staff Members, et al.

It is like Scientology weaves into its Big Lies some plausible deniability so that in some future litigation, it cannot be "proven" in a court of law that they unequivocally lied.

COB
"So there you have it. With more than 200 staff
now manning our ramparts in this holy land,
our new Church of Scientology of Israel!"

You see? More than 200 staff "manning our ramparts in this holy land". They technically did not say Jaffa Org alone.

I wonder where they get those people in the photo from?

Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
They sent a mission to Tel Aviv with two hundred uniforms and two hundred personality tests.

They stopped people in the street and offered to give them a personality test and result for free if they wore the uniform and waved enthisiasticly at the camera telling them that it's a $200 value normaly.

Look at those happy customers:biggrin:
When in Doubt, lie!

Those Ideal Org grand opening announcements lie so openly and blatantly about the number of staff members. It works, somewhat, for distant people who don't follow up and actually go there.

At an opening speech, for example, in Pasadena, they boasted of 180 staff members. They have, by local estimates, approximately only 12-14 staff.

The Jaffa Ideal Org is clearly represented as open with 200 proud uniformed staff members posing enthusiastically in front. But if you listen to the COB-Speak language verrrrry carefully, it ambiguously tortured syntax could also be construed (by a moron) as meaning all the staff in all of Israel, which presumably would includes Field Staff Members, et al.

It is like Scientology weaves into its Big Lies some plausible deniability so that in some future litigation, it cannot be "proven" in a court of law that they unequivocally lied.

COB
"So there you have it. With more than 200 staff
now manning our ramparts in this holy land,
our new Church of Scientology of Israel!"

You see. More than 200 staff "manning our ramparts in this holy land". They technically did not say Jaffa Org alone.

I wonder where they get those people in the photo from?

Untitled-3.jpg

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
They really had to send 100 pregnant Jewish Sea Orgers out with their husbands? I don't understand where they got all these people from, or how they found people willing to wear those uniforms in that heat. Imagine walking round in black polyester at 40centigrade! If they're recruiting off the street showing them how rich they are looking at the idle org they're going to find 200 very pissed off people on pay day.

Scientologia, broken promises!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Anyone trying to reconcile the two sides of a conflict like the middle east is risking their staff's lives. Running a big way to happiness campaign, having banquets for dignitaries from different faiths? I think you'de need at least 200 guards to keep the place safe. It's peaceniks that are the targets, and the staff that work there would be picked off one by one. Both sides of this conflict have volunteers that would easily risk their own lives to sabotage anything that could make peace, especially placed by a football stadium, in a city of mainly Jews but in an mixed area. Perfect target, what a waste, better keep the building empty till the conflict's over, it might be a while!