What's new

Scientology: Leah Remini New Gig: TV Sitcom Recurring Role - "The Exes"

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Fresh from Deadline... link here: http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/leah-remini-joins-tv-lands-the-exes-as-recurring/

The show, The Exes, is on cable television's TVLand channel.

Excerpt:

EXCLUSIVE
: Following her stint on Dancing With The Stars, Leah Remini is returning to TV comedy with a multi-episode arc on TV Land’s The Exes. The King Of Queens alumna will play Stuart’s (David Alan Basche) sister Nicki — a tough-talking, no-nonsense, stylish and sexy woman from Staten Island whose 17-year marriage ends when she finds out her policeman husband had an affair.

Nicki retreats to Manhattan to seek the comfort of her brother, only to find out he’s sharing an apartment with two guys, Phil (Donald Faison) and Haskell (Wayne Knight), and living next door to his divorce attorney Holly (Kristen Johnston).

Unable and unwilling to keep her opinions to herself, she turns all their lives upside down as she tries to put her life back together and make a new future for herself in Manhattan.

This marks Remini’s return to multi-camera sitcoms six years after her CBS hit, The King Of Queens, ended its run. Since then, she starred in ABC’s single-camera comedy series In The Motherhood and Family Tools, co-hosted CBS’ The Talk and most recently reached the semifinals on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars. She is repped by APA and Gendler & Kelly.

The Exes,
coming off its highest-rated season in adults 25-54 this past summer, up 21% in total viewers, returns with new episodes on December 11.

Purple Rain

Crusader

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Straight up & vertical for Leah! :happydance::happydance:
I was bummed out to see her voted off DWTS but I'd much rather watch her use her comic chops. Looking forward to seeing how she does. :yes:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Probably no members of Co$/scientology listed below, but will put the info/names here just in case...

Excerpt:

The Exes” is executive produced by Mark Reisman (“Frasier”), along with Michael Hanel and Mindy Schultheis (“Reba,” “Titus”), and Franco Bario is co-executive producer. Larry W. Jones and Keith Cox serve as executive producers for TV Land. Remini is repped by APA and Gendler & Kelly.

Link: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-remini-in-recurring-role-on-the-exes/217113/

The show, The Exes, returns on TVLand channel December 11, 2013 and continues thereafter on Wednesday nights @ 10:30 EST/PST.
No word yet when Ms. Remini's first appearance will be.

JB

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Straight up & vertical for Leah! :happydance::happydance:
I was bummed out to see her voted off DWTS but I'd much rather watch her use her comic chops. Looking forward to seeing how she does. :yes:

I'm glad she was hired in her chosen profession - but I'd much prefer it if she'd take a bit of time for herself (out of the limelight) and give college a try. Exposure to fresh ideas, brand-new topics, and unlimited access to information would not be wasted on someone so long starved.
She's only a role model for her daughter, not the rest of the world, but I can't help but hope she adds higher education to her personal agenda.

JB - Long-time hoper of impossible things. :)