What's new

Scientology: March of the Vertical Growth - Part 1

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is on the Scientology News Site.

First part details

Overall Expansion
1. Total assets and property holdings of the Church of Scientology internationally have more than doubled since 2004.
2. The combined size of Church premises increased from nearly 5.6 million square feet in 2004 to 12.1 million square feet in 2010.
3. The Church has acquired more than 70 buildings since 2004 in major population centers around the world.
4. The Church has completed over 400,000 square feet of renovations of new premises this year alone. In addition, currently under construction are over a quarter of a million square feet, including Churches in Manchester, Clearwater and Tel Aviv.
5. Over 10,000 Scientology Churches, Missions and affiliated groups exist across 167 nations, four times in just ten years.
6. The number of people newly introduced to Scientology and starting on training or counseling per week exceeds 26 times any previous week in history.

Regarding 1 -4. Despite being true they do seem to be meaningless stats unless one has the people working in there and doing service to justify all that square footage. I think I would have rather seen the Church renovate some nice buildings for al those hard working sea org people so that they could sleep in better quarters and maybe even have a nice posh cafeteria for them. Well I guess the estates I/C is going to be upstat as long as he can make sure all those windows are washed. "Over 25,000 windows washed in the last year".

Regarding #5 - No way no how. There are not 10,000 of these thigns in existence.

Regarding #6 - I think if thise were true then the buildings they have acquired would not be enough. They would need about three times as many ideal orgs as what they now have. Someone better tell the Pope that they need to up that fundraising and also mention to him that he would be wise to use this statistic as the convincing caharacteristic along with the idea that many people now on lines will be able to become FSMs for all these new public. Of course they better make sure they are good at converting rupas to american dollars.

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology: March of the Vertical Growth - Part 2

L. Ron Hubbard Books and Lectures
1. L. Ron Hubbard has been awarded four Guinness World Records in the last three years:
2006 Most Published Works by a Single Author: 1,084
2006 Most Translated Author in the World: 71 languages
2009 Most Audiobook Titles on Earth: 185
2010 Most Translated Book on Earth, The Way to Happiness: 70 languages
2. 92 million L. Ron Hubbard books and lectures on Dianetics and Scientology have been distributed in the last decade—more than during the first 50 years of Dianetics and Scientology combined.
3.The Church's publications organizations in Los Angeles and Copenhagen have been established as state-of-the-art digital publishing houses and are cumulatively capable of printing 1.3 million books and producing 1 million compact discs weekly. Annually, that amounts to 67 million books and 52 million CDs.
4. Over 4.2 million pages of L. Ron Hubbard's writings have been translated in the last 11 years alone compared to a total of 359,459 in the prior 50 years.
5. 14,560 hours of translated L. Ron Hubbard lectures have been recorded in the last five years.
6. Millions of L. Ron Hubbard Dianetics and Scientology books have been placed in more than 151,000 libraries in 192 countries since July 2007.
7. L. Ron Hubbard's books have won 54 design and printing awards.

#s 1 and 2 - Okay you got us on this one. LRH wrote, he spoke, he ate, he burped, he farted. Did I miss anything? Now if they could just get the lies out of all of those great works maybe just maybe more people would be interested in them as sundry things to read on a blustery winter day.

#3 - Yes state of the art and all that. and now the Scientologist online can buy all the books to justify all the state of the art facilities. Hey am I wrong to make note that pretty much all companiestoday have state of the art printing presses and what not? Isn't this like saying "My PC has Internet capabilities"?

#4 and #5 - Bravo! This is defnitely vertical growth and perhaps one of the more politically correct actions of the bunch. Of course now the people with the money wil lbe asked to supply the libraries in thsoe countries with all of these books

#6 Speaking of libraries I saw on Tony Ortega's SP site that some libraries are askign the Chruch to not send books because they only end up being donated to recycling centers for donation money for those that could use donations

#7 - yeah right in what galaxy? Next thing you know it these folks will be giving awards to each other instead of just LRH.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology: March of the Vertical Growth - Part 3

Dianetics & Scientology Films, Videos and International Live Events

1. Over 8 million DVDs have been sold and/or distributed in the last six years, comprising 1,952 different DVD titles.
2. 778 films (English and translated) have been produced in the last six years.
3. Since 2004, 14,538 videos have been produced (English and translated)—an average of 119 per month.
4. The number of hours of video produced since 2004 is 2,221, averaging 27 hours per month.
5. The total number of hours of international events (English and translated) produced in the last six years totals 1,966—an average of 28 hours per month.

Holy crap?

8 million?

Really?

How much do they charge per DvD? What did that rebuttal piece say they charged per CD? DVDs generally cost more. Okay let's say they charge 10 $ per DVD. Now let's subtract out the price of labor.

Cha-ching!

Wow this is vertical growth indeed.

Okay but we do know that #5 is in direct violation of LRH policy and orders. Someone better write up a knowledge report and send it to Spencer. Tell him you snet it to him because the ones that get sent to the Pope seem to end up in the trash.

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology: March of the Vertical Growth - Part 4

Internet
Over 32 million visitors have viewed more than 70 million videos in 17 languages on the Scientology website in the last 12 months.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this small potatoes compared to the number of visitors that have viewed SP videos in more than 17 languages on all of the SP sites in the last 12 month?

Dude the church is bragging about a downstat.

Rd00

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

First part details

Overall Expansion
1. Total assets and property holdings of the Church of Scientology internationally have more than doubled since 2004.
2. The combined size of Church premises increased from nearly 5.6 million square feet in 2004 to 12.1 million square feet in 2010.
3. The Church has acquired more than 70 buildings since 2004 in major population centers around the world.
4. The Church has completed over 400,000 square feet of renovations of new premises this year alone. In addition, currently under construction are over a quarter of a million square feet, including Churches in Manchester, Clearwater and Tel Aviv.
5. Over 10,000 Scientology Churches, Missions and affiliated groups exist across 167 nations, four times in just ten years.
6. The number of people newly introduced to Scientology and starting on training or counseling per week exceeds 26 times any previous week in history.

Regarding 1 -4. Despite being true they do seem to be meaningless stats unless one has the people working in there and doing service to justify all that square footage. I think I would have rather seen the Church renovate some nice buildings for al those hard working sea org people so that they could sleep in better quarters and maybe even have a nice posh cafeteria for them. Well I guess the estates I/C is going to be upstat as long as he can make sure all those windows are washed. "Over 25,000 windows washed in the last year".

Regarding #5 - No way no how. There are not 10,000 of these thigns in existence.

Regarding #6 - I think if thise were true then the buildings they have acquired would not be enough. They would need about three times as many ideal orgs as what they now have. Someone better tell the Pope that they need to up that fundraising and also mention to him that he would be wise to use this statistic as the convincing caharacteristic along with the idea that many people now on lines will be able to become FSMs for all these new public. Of course they better make sure they are good at converting rupas to american dollars.

Rd00

That's 10,000 affiliated groups. That's probably married couples who are scientologists. No actually it's even too many for that.

There is a possibility that there is a stat push and consequent stat falsification. It has been known to happen in the past.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care. :bighug:

:whocares: There is no care in those big buildings. Panels can't HUG! Love to you all

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Impressive stats!

Other stats that are in POWER. . .

* WDHH (Well Done Headcam Hours)

* NEST (Number of Escaping Staffmembers Thwarted)

* MENTAL (Miscavige's Extraordinary Number of Totally Asinine Lies)

* CRAPOLA (Crimes Reported Against Psychs Or Lying Apostates)

* HOIPOLLOI (Hecoliters Of Icewater Poured On Lesbians, Lackeys Or Inmates)

hectoliter |ˈhektəˌlētər | noun. 1. a metric unit of capacity equal to one hundred liters

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

More POWER stats. . .

* BULLSHIT (Buddha Uber-Lies and Larcenous Scams Hubbard Identified as Tech)​

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

First part details

Overall Expansion

Rd00

Josef Stalin/Communist Party USSR used to have their hooples get on the radio and do stat boasting back in the 1930's when virtually the whole country was starving as a direct result of their insane policies. It seems to be a characteristic of penis potatos, i.e., dick taters.

Pete

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
I love you all here on ESMB.....:clap:

here in Bulgravia,there is a channel on TV that is producing Scios "program" 24/7...:wink2::ohmy:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid

Impressive stats!

Other stats that are in POWER. . .

* WDHH (Well Done Headcam Hours)

* NEST (Number of Escaping Staffmembers Thwarted)

* MENTAL (Miscavige's Extraordinary Number of Totally Asinine Lies)

* CRAPOLA (Crimes Reported Against Psychs Or Lying Apostates)

* HOIPOLLOI (Hecoliters Of Icewater Poured On Lesbians, Lackeys Or Inmates)

Damn, HH, you've done spent some brain power thinking these up! Way Kewl! :thumbsup:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Another poster nailed it in comparing these stats to those of Stalin.

Total phoney'ed / made up bullshit and none of it based on public demand.

Here's the 'Rest of the Story':

Percentage of dvd's wanted by recipients: 1%

Percentage of books read by recipients: 1%

Percentage of landfill content made up of dvd's and books: 33%

Percentage of people able to get off church mailing lists: 0%

:eyeroll: