Scientology Meltdown: Has Scn reached CRITICAL MASS?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I say that the main "melt-down" occurred in the early 1980s when SCN destroyed the missions which were the main feed to upper orgs.

They destroyed themselves as an organization.
Then the internet came along with massive communication about SCN, which is finishing them off.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
A curious idea, indeed. Pretty much nothing would surprise me, but why would the US government want to back up and protect Scientology?

If you believe the conspiracy theorists, it's because of the CIA's long standing interest in methods of mind control (Project MK-ULTRA and such like).

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
A curious idea, indeed. Pretty much nothing would surprise me, but why would the US government want to back up and protect Scientology?

Tinfoil, of course, but as we know there's only two absolutes about Scientology: its never what it at first appears to be and its always worse than you think. Some non-DOX speculation on my part: all those PC folders in all those countries going back all those years - great little laundry operation - Scilon "sleepers" infiltrating government - Freewinds spends a lot of time bobbing about off the South American coast . . .

Scientology can not exist in an open society, and the internet is about as open as it gets.

This why Scientology is basically just another relic of the Cold War constantly looking for an imaginary enemy to save the world from

Sure a few diehards are clinging on to it, but aside for the entertainment value of it's freakshow, there is absolutely no interest in it outside of those already brainwashed who are still trying very hard to convince themselves that someday it actually manage to finally produce a Clear and be something more than a steamy pile of shit.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I say that the main "melt-down" occurred in the early 1980s when SCN destroyed the missions which were the main feed to upper orgs.

They destroyed themselves as an organization.
Then the internet came along with massive communication about SCN, which is finishing them off.

Programmer_guy,

I guess that’s the point, in a round about way, of my “Shooting Stars” Thread which I shall continue on in lugubrious detail until I reach the point where I know that I am done saying all I want to say.

Magoo, I knew you, in passing, “back in the days”…you probably don’t remember me and that’s Okay with me. I have much respect for you; where you came from, what you went through and what you have done for all of Us. You’re more than a “Class Act”, you’re your Fathers Daughter and your Father was one helluva fine man.

Hoaxy, there will never be the words for me to express to you what you have brought to all our tables. Every day I look to see slices of steaming hot and juicy “turkey” of truth you have carved up and served, again and again.

Scoots, your friend is right...the Brand is smashed. M&M’s attempts to salvage and resurrect the Brand only further damage the Brand as the Brand is based on the fallacy of the infallibility of “The One Voice”. Every word from Marty is now permenantly part of the "Legacy".

IMO, Scn is irrevocably past “Critical Mass” and by that statement I don’t mean that we all can “go home” now because “it’s all over”. What I mean is that the clarion call to Us from courageous, compassionate and crisp voices is permanently recorded and available to all, fronting up with El Ron and Scn’s “Wall of Words”. Every day folks step up and answer the call, each in their own unique way. Scn is trapped by its adherence to “The One Voice” and El Ron’s edicts to silence all other voices. Scn’s worst days are ahead of it…there are too many voices to silence now…”The One Voice” has had their say and is now forever silenced.

DM is not “The One Voice”. All Scn has left is steadily thinning ranks of those that follow “The One Voice” and the money that has been extorted, stolen and rat holed out of them and Us. DM controls the money but there is not enough money in all of SOR to silence the voices and those voices will continue to grow and deplete Scn’s ranks until all the money is only good for is to keep gaudy neon signs lighted in the windows of empty storefronts.

All that money was paid by folks for the right to be an Scn and have access to “The One Voice”. But, those same folks also have a right to speak their mind, to tell their story and state their opinion and every day more voices are added to the choir answering the clarion’s call.

The dye is cast; the spell is broken.

Face :)

smartone

My Own Boss
Scientology can not exist in an open society, and the internet is about as open as it gets.

This why Scientology is basically just another relic of the Cold War constantly looking for an imaginary enemy to save the world from

Sure a few diehards are clinging on to it, but aside for the entertainment value of it's freakshow, there is absolutely no interest in it outside of those already brainwashed who are still trying very hard to convince themselves that someday it actually manage to finally produce a Clear and be something more than a steamy pile of shit.

:lol:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Programmer_guy,

I guess that’s the point, in a round about way, of my “Shooting Stars” Thread which I shall continue on in lugubrious detail until I reach the point where I know that I am done saying all I want to say.

Magoo, I knew you, in passing, “back in the days”…you probably don’t remember me and that’s Okay with me. I have much respect for you; where you came from, what you went through and what you have done for all of Us. You’re more than a “Class Act”, you’re your Fathers Daughter and your Father was one helluva fine man.

Hoaxy, there will never be the words for me to express to you what you have brought to all our tables. Every day I look to see slices of steaming hot and juicy “turkey” of truth you have carved up and served, again and again.

Scoots, your friend is right...the Brand is smashed. M&M’s attempts to salvage and resurrect the Brand only further damage the Brand as the Brand is based on the fallacy of the infallibility of “The One Voice”. Every word from Marty is now permenantly part of the "Legacy".

IMO, Scn is irrevocably past “Critical Mass” and by that statement I don’t mean that we all can “go home” now because “it’s all over”. What I mean is that the clarion call to Us from courageous, compassionate and crisp voices is permanently recorded and available to all, fronting up with El Ron and Scn’s “Wall of Words”. Every day folks step up and answer the call, each in their own unique way. Scn is trapped by its adherence to “The One Voice” and El Ron’s edicts to silence all other voices. Scn’s worst days are ahead of it…there are too many voices to silence now…”The One Voice” has had their say and is now forever silenced.

DM is not “The One Voice”. All Scn has left is steadily thinning ranks of those that follow “The One Voice” and the money that has been extorted, stolen and rat holed out of them and Us. DM controls the money but there is not enough money in all of SOR to silence the voices and those voices will continue to grow and deplete Scn’s ranks until all the money is only good for is to keep gaudy neon signs lighted in the windows of empty storefronts.

All that money was paid by folks for the right to be an Scn and have access to “The One Voice”. But, those same folks also have a right to speak their mind, to tell their story and state their opinion and every day more voices are added to the choir answering the clarion’s call.

The dye is cast; the spell is broken.

Face :)

Outstanding post!

And (GULP!) thank you for the beautiful words of encouragement to write and be one of the voices in the "Dare to Disagree" society, well outside the barbed-wire perimeter fences of Hubbard's "Agree or Die" penal colony.

If Hubbard owned a restaurant....(aka 'the making of an ex-scientologist')

RON THE WAITER
So, what will you be having this evening?

RESTAURANT CUSTOMER
Well, you didn't give us the menu yet.
How can we decide?

RON THE WAITER
We don't have a menu here.
There is nothing to decide.
We only have one choice.
It's the "Reality is Agreement" all you can eat buffet.

RESTAURANT CUSTOMER
Oh! Well, we'll just take a check and go then.

HelluvaHoax!

HIDDEN MELTDOWN EVENT: The 1986 death of L. Ron Hubbard. But not for the obvious reasons one might suspect. It was not because the OT Guru had proven to be a mortal who dropped dead. Scientologists, being under the spell of believing whatever they are told, just blindly accepted the off-shore story of Hubbard going off to Target II to research. There is another reason....

Within 24 months (1988) OT VIII was released, representing the "top of the bridge", after which all further releases were halted. For the next twenty-three years ( we are now in 2011) no further "advanced levels" have yet been offered.

So, if it wasn't Hubbard's death that started the meltdown, what was it?

ANSWER: When the top of the Bridge was released (OT VII and OT VIII) and people discovered that it was a hoax. After Hubbard died and nobody could make up new fictional levels, the con game started to slow down, sputter and backfire, one parishioner at a time. Each at their own speed, like popcorn kernals randomly popping at their own moment.

Ultimately, there was no science fiction writer making up new fantasy stories.

Miscavich, knowing his limitations, did not try to write any advanced fiction, but instead turned his efforts to fictionalizing previous levels. Thus he re-released the "BASICS" with a wildly delusional advertising campaign that Scientologists hypnotically agreed to.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Hey I already read that LRH book.

COB
Read it again. There was a punctuation mark out of
place and thus this time you will attain the true state of OT.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Are you sure?

COB
Totally certain. I'll repeat, you will attain the state of OT.
You will attain the state of OT.
You will attain the state of OT.

SCIENTOLOGIST
I will attain the state of OT?

COB
You will attain the state of OT. You will attain the state of OT....

SCIENTOLOGIST
I will attain the state of OT. I will retain the state of OT.
I will attain....OH, I get it! Gee, what great news, thanks!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Death of Hubbard started the meltdown Part II:

When Scientologists began to realize that the top of the bridge was fictional and nobody was promising them any more new "Walls of Fire" they simply and quietly revolted by walking away.

Scientology has been struggling since 1986 to turn out new advanced fiction, but they have utterly failed. They couldn't even turn out SuperPower fiction with 200 million dollars.

That's what all the grinding on "Basics" and "Expanded Objectives" and "Ideal Org Fundraising" and such wacky misdirections are all about.

It's a solution for the fact that Scientology lost its Sci Fi writer.

And when Scientologists in the audience got restless and started fidgeting in their seats and leaving the theater, COB didn't know what to do so he started blaming and beating up his staff.

These are not normal people, these Scientologists.