What's new

Scientology Meltdown: Has Scn reached CRITICAL MASS?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I wish it were so but I remember the words from the poem "The battle of maldon"

"The fewer we be, the fiercer shall we hew, and our courage crueller"

Just remember that the ones that still can think are the first to leave so the "gene pool" become sever more fanatical.

When Scientology is down to it's last 2 Scientologists and makes its last-ditch marketing effort.

Co-Audit Up the Bridge!

TWINNING AND WINNING!

ugly%2Btwins%2Bozarks.bmp

"When you get to Clear you'll
understand why we are so VVGI's!"

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Just remember that the ones that still can think are the first to leave so the "gene pool" become sever more fanatical.

True - but I believe this just means the lulz are even greater because fanatics cannot tolerate humour unless it's brutal and directed at their "enemies." And so we have such delights as the Freedum epistle aimed at Rathbun, Scobee etc.. that may satisfy some of the Faithful but also really just create maximum derision from the rest of the society.

The sad old men and women of the party in post-USSR Russia have basically disappeared and I expect the same will happen with the sad old men and women of Scilonville. They may still be around and trying to make noise but they'll have no power and will be largely ignored by the rest of us, except as an historical lesson in how not to do it.

It's already happening that way here in Oz - "everybody knows" how evil and crazy this cult is and so, to a large extent, the cult has disappeared and only the scilons don't know it. Its crimes have been throughly exposed and there are new revelations on the way into the public arena that will just reinforce the perception of the deceptive, abusive and criminal nature of Co$. No matter what the culties try to do, the only time they are newsworthy is for either batshit crazy or criminal behaviour, preferably both at once for the ratings value and lulz.

It's heading this way in the rest of the scilon world too and THAT makes it "safe" for politicians and law enforcement to investigate and prosecute. There won't be a major outcry engineered by scilons bawwwwing about "religious persecution" when Slappy McSavage does the perp walk because the only question will be "what took the cops so long to get around to doing it?" No other "religious" of "civil rights" group want to be associated with batshit crazy and criminal cult in any way.

As someone who's a "never-been-in" but has worked tirelessly on exposing the cult said to me several months ago - "We've smashed their brand."

In a world like this, that's a death knell. But remember, hair and fingernails keep growing for a while after "termination" - that's all we're still seeing here IMO.

freethinker

Sponsor
If that's the last two, I say leave them be and call it a day.:omg:
When Scientology is down to it's last 2 Scientologists and makes its last-ditch marketing effort.

Co-Audit Up the Bridge!

TWINNING AND WINNING!

ugly%2Btwins%2Bozarks.bmp

"When you get to Clear you'll
understand why we are so VVGI's!"

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . But remember, hair and fingernails keep growing for a while after "termination" - that's all we're still seeing here IMO.

Love the sentiment but - just to be a pedant - its a myth that hair and nails continue to grow after death. What happens is that the skin shrinks giving impression that hair and nail is growing.

I agree that the Scientology "brand" has been irreparably sullied. I doubt we've reached any sort of "critical mass" because, lets face it, even if every public and every sea ogre were to walk out tomorrow, a small cabal at HQ has sufficient funds and real-estate investments to continue surreptitiously indefinitely.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Love the sentiment but - just to be a pedant - its a myth that hair and nails continue to grow after death. What happens is that the skin shrinks giving impression that hair and nail is growing.

I agree that the Scientology "brand" has been irreparably sullied. I doubt we've reached any sort of "critical mass" because, lets face it, even if every public and every sea ogre were to walk out tomorrow, a small cabal at HQ has sufficient funds and real-estate investments to continue surreptitiously indefinitely.

So what?

The crimes they have committed will be investigated and they will eventually be jailed for them - even DM will run out of options eventually and do time in jail. Or He'll die pursued by Law Enforcement and lawyers - living on the run paranoid and alone like Hubbard in his final days.

With zero public support and an increasing number of whistleblowers coming out, the cult's days are numbered.

It won't matter how much money is left in the kitty - there will be a lot of disgruntled former customers demanding justice. And the media will feed that and the politicians and the police will act accordingly. That's the pattern we're seeing right now and it's only going to increase in intensity until the cult's leadership are nailed.

I'm not sure how long this will take but IMO it's inevitable now that the whole house of cards will fall. Without any sort of public support, Co$ CANNOT survive indefinitely. With increasing public ridicule, it will just accelerate that.

It's the same sequence that's happened over and over again. Noriega in Panama was invincible, then he lost his support. He is now where?

It happens to totalitarian leaders all the time. Their empire crumbles from within and without and there's nothing they can do to reverse that. Do you really think the cult can make a comeback from here?

I don't intend to take my foot of the Beast's throat, nor do I advise anyone else to. But there's nowhere for the cult to go but down from here. IMO we've passed the point of critical mass and a meltdown is inevitable.

:drama:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just on the point with Noriega; the analogy I'd make is with Osho Rajneesh and the Oregon commune. Rajneesh was finished in America and everywhere else in the West because the US government made sure he was after the mass food poisoning incident.

With the organisation a busted flush, those that were left "in" set up on their own and created a mass network of therapists and disseminators of Osho's works - the Multiversity. It's probably doing better than ever now.

I can't help the suspicion that the reverse is true with the CofS; the US government is covertly backing and protecting them and that's why they've been able to get away with it all for so long. I hope I'm wrong.

HelluvaHoax!

Just on the point with Noriega; the analogy I'd make is with Osho Rajneesh and the Oregon commune. Rajneesh was finished in America and everywhere else in the West because the US government made sure he was after the mass food poisoning incident.

With the organisation a busted flush, those that were left "in" set up on their own and created a mass network of therapists and disseminators of Osho's works - the Multiversity. It's probably doing better than ever now.

I can't help the suspicion that the reverse is true with the CofS; the US government is covertly backing and protecting them and that's why they've been able to get away with it all for so long. I hope I'm wrong.

A curious idea, indeed. Pretty much nothing would surprise me, but why would the US government want to back up and protect Scientology?

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
I don't concur with the assessment, that critical mass has been reached. It has been claimed by several critics in the past 10 years, it probably was declared after the FBI raided their offices in the 70ies, it was claimed after Marty&Mike went public.

Critical mass would mean a chain reaction ending in a grand explosion. In our comparison, meaning the utter destruction of the Scientology organisation. We don't see that happening, yet. We've rather seen a constant decline over the last 20 years. Other than that we cannot say much.

Gadfly

Crusader
Critical Mass reached for Scientology?

We can only hope! :thumbsup:

It would be nice - to see the Scientology snowball roll down the mountain, gaining ver-increasing speed, and to end up smashed into a million little pieces.

I will enjoy it when the final nail has been hammered into the coffin of the C of S.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
The dissolution of the Church of Scientology is now as inevitable as the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

100351-Zombies.jpg

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
I do not think that CoS has reached critical mass. I think COS has sunk to enormous Mediocrity and Stagnation, but not critical mass.

IMO, critical mass can only happen in CoS when DM himself reaches critical mass. He will be the Trigger of Collapse.

/////

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
... AND they are going one step further and 'sticking it' to the cult by making videos, appearing on TV and radio news shows, magazines and books!!!! The meltdown has begun and appears to be avalanching.

Dukat...
((I had posted how people are now popping out SO much faster, and now willing to give their names, etc--unlike for years leaving in total secrecy and fear--no more)) Yes! Great point----all of this helps the walls come tumbling D O W N.

If you're "in" and lurking, remember this: :scnsucks: OH YES IT DOES!
Bail while you still can. (I'm not kidding on that one)

Love to all :cheers:

Tory/Magoo

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Huh? People have been "going public" on Scientology since the 1950s.

Infinite----I agree with you, people HAVE been leaving since the
50's. ALL I'm pointing out is that since I escaped out in July of 2000---until really 2008 when Anonymous arrived, that was the monumental change I observed where TONS of people who were anonymously speaking out, suddenly came out in full.

As I said, my view is it was "Safety in Numbers". (Just my opinion) But SOON
after they arrived and we all did the first Anonymous picket (9,000 people around the world in almost every major city).....people around the world started saying their names, who previously never would. TONS of people. Books were written...things popped open.

Then with Marty's blog....even more people are now coming out. This isn't my
opinion---go look at the number of "OT's" who have left, and posted their names
in full, and their stories. :cheers: TO ALL.

Of course people have done so since the 50's..it's just a HUGE win to see how rapidly people are doing so now, and in such volume. Keep up the GREAT work,
Davey boy! :clap: :hysterical:

Tory/Magoo

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

Amen, Mick. I've said this forever...and we're really seeing
it come true now: "Get out while you still can. The more that leave, the greater pressure there is on those who stay." (Same as you said, really)

We see their leader, David Miscavige IS Insane and extremely abusive.
Sadly, most of them do not. The best we can do is keep communicating
about it---in many forms: Picket, Postings, Media TV, Media Radio, Media
Chat boxes----keep getting the word out, please.

Joe Feshbach dying at age 55 is so typical of those who stay. WAY too many
"OT's" die far too young who stay "in" OR commit suicide.

Please value your life more, if you're "in". This is NOT the group you originally joined. It just is NOT.

Love to all :rose:

Tory/Magoo

HelluvaHoax!

I do not think that CoS has reached critical mass. I think COS has sunk to enormous Mediocrity and Stagnation, but not critical mass.

IMO, critical mass can only happen in CoS when DM himself reaches critical mass. He will be the Trigger of Collapse.

/////

Agreed...but the reactor's core is heating up and there is no coolant remaining.

It'll get there.

Kinda like popcorn heating up, no worries. It's gonna pop.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
So what?

The crimes they have committed will be investigated and they will eventually be jailed for them - even DM will run out of options eventually and do time in jail. Or He'll die pursued by Law Enforcement and lawyers - living on the run paranoid and alone like Hubbard in his final days.

With zero public support and an increasing number of whistleblowers coming out, the cult's days are numbered.

It won't matter how much money is left in the kitty - there will be a lot of disgruntled former customers demanding justice. And the media will feed that and the politicians and the police will act accordingly. That's the pattern we're seeing right now and it's only going to increase in intensity until the cult's leadership are nailed.

I'm not sure how long this will take but IMO it's inevitable now that the whole house of cards will fall. Without any sort of public support, Co$ CANNOT survive indefinitely. With increasing public ridicule, it will just accelerate that.

It's the same sequence that's happened over and over again. Noriega in Panama was invincible, then he lost his support. He is now where?

It happens to totalitarian leaders all the time. Their empire crumbles from within and without and there's nothing they can do to reverse that. Do you really think the cult can make a comeback from here?

I don't intend to take my foot of the Beast's throat, nor do I advise anyone else to. But there's nowhere for the cult to go but down from here. IMO we've passed the point of critical mass and a meltdown is inevitable.

:drama:

A few months ago, I would have agreed with you, 100%.
Even today, I still agree with you on the points you've made! I just want
to emphasize this:

As you said, you don't intend to take your foot off the beast's Throat. To others:
Please don't take the pressure off....keep educating people.

I've been by the Complex for years...seeing it
D E A D. Suddenly last week I took some people and we were surprised to see how many people were there. Another critic told me she'd seen the same, a few nights earlier. (Was this Pre-some event DM was at, so they had it packed? Who knows---but it felt odd. Also CCHR,,, I've been by it 3 or 4 times, filled with people. My guess is they're busing groups in.

However they are---we need to keep getting the word out. Until it's done........it is not done.

Love and thanks to ALL :cheers:

Tory/Magoo